Flying basically non exsistant

My experience has been the world depletes people and bleeds a crap ton of them off into nothing (except for the very start of an xpack like less than a month), and it’s not until flying comes back and the game gets more interesting and fun to play that people largely come back and start populating the world. So, flight is good for the game and good for there being a lot of people and feeling like it’s full. It’s the anti-flight crap that makes it feel deserted.

8 Likes

Man are you stretching it to try to show you’re right. You did NOT say the old world, you said’

Which means BC content, not JUST vanilla. Nor did you specify if you played Horde or Alliance. But, the faction is irrelevant as both faction zones comprise the entirety of the world’s zones. Did BC zones exist prior to Cata? Yes or no? The answer to THAT is yes. You are wrong again. You keep stacking these wrong statements up on each other, don’t you?

You are really stretching it to make a dig in me. There is nothing incoherent nor incorrect about that sentence. As my very first post on this subject included ONLY that portion of your comment, exactly how would you determine I was referring to anything else? Did you read my mind? Of course not. YOU are the one continually bringing up nonsense. Lying, twisting things around just so you don’t have to admit you were wrong.

LMFAO, changing your story just so you don’t have to admit you were, and are, wrong. Let me quote YOU again;

In case it’s escaped your notice, and ability to reason, “…during BC which was two expansions prior to Cata.” does NOT say a word about “…the world that was old when BC launched.” It specifically says the world that was old when CATA launched. Try again. This time, try NOT to change your story, ok? Just admit you were wrong, there is no shame in that. There is shame in what you’re doing now, lying, attempting to twist what you said into something different. Be an adult (if you are) and admit it and move on. No one is going to think less of you. Well, less of you than they already do after all this debacle.

Again, trying to twist your statement. Let’s see what the REST of that sentence said, shall we?

Omission of facts is the same as lying about the facts. You did NOT say only Vanilla zones. You said everything prior to Cata. And, as someone correctly pointed out, except for flight points, there was NO flying in Vanilla (you know that content prior to BC?). If you’re going to keep lying, there is no point in continuing this. You’re too arrogant to admit you made an error. All you can do is lie. Good day, I’m done talking to a liar!

3 Likes

And I suspect the problem was corporate wanted to move to a time gating on rails maze like world design. I swear legion was made by a bunch SWTOR rejects. Just has that 90’s era Action RPG feel to it.

Flight makes that type of design look bad. "Oh you mean that 2 minute journey can be achieved with 5 seconds of flight.

2 Likes

That’s just wrong information. See the post above:

In BC, we could fly from the moment we hit level cap, providing we had the gold.
In WotLK, we could fly even BEFORE level cap, as certain zones were designed around being able to fly. Storm Peaks had rental mounts for those players without their own flying mount.
In Cata, we could just bloody fly.
In MoP, we could fly as soon as we hit level cap, provided you had opened the Vale and not wandered off questing in another direction. cough

It’s only since WoD that we’ve been unable to fly until the content which allows flight is completely irrelevant.

8 Likes

It doesn’t matter what he meant, because the only way he was flying in any Azerothian zone during BC was via taxi service. Flying ONLY existed in Outland during BC, then in WotLK there was flying in Northrend but not in the rest of Azeroth. Flying came to the “old world” in Cataclysm when they revamped the vanilla zones to allow it.

2 Likes

I’m a “noflynobuy” and haven’t bought an xpac or in-store item since 2015. I still enjoy playing the content I already paid for.

1 Like

Removing flying killed the game for me. I just don’t play anymore.

8 Likes

You want to know why they block flying for the bulk of the expansion? Cost cutting. They can push out the expansion with only the stuff we can see from the ground put in, then once it’s out they can slowly add in all the stuff you would be able to see from the air over the next year or so. Once they finally get it done, they stick in PF part II and let everyone fly.

That way they can a) cut back on the amount of people they need to develop the world and b) level the work load throughout the life of the expansion.

9 Likes

Anyone else notice how big Outland and Northrend are compared to Draenor and the Broken Isles?
When you fly around those older zones they are much more open with a lot more to explore. The newer zones are more compact and very linear in design.
I’m pretty sure removing flight as they originally intended was to reduce development time and pathfinder let’s them “compromise” with the players while still making smaller areas to explore for “immersion” purposes.

4 Likes

LOL.

Any claim they wanted to reduce development time or costs by getting rid of flight goes out the window.

They couldn’t get rid of flight; players made that clear.

So the great idea=gone.

Instead of just backing off…

They invested development time and cost to develop: extra flight paths; flight NPCs; flight whistle; portals; artwork for load screens for same; gliders; feathers; other end-runs around player flight…

and they have to allow player flight anyway.

Pathfinder is spite.

#Pathfinder sucks

7 Likes

So what lol? You pretty much spent 99.9% of your time in BC in Outland.

1 Like

Well the current president of Blizzard is on record as wanting flying out of game and hates it … so will only get worse

Flying is useless last 3 expansions except alts after you know the content

They could make expansions that revolve around flying but they will not becuase the leader at blizzard hates it and if he had his way wouldn’t exist in the game … his words not mine

1 Like

Because his entire argument is based on a falsehood, mostly.

4 Likes

Actually, when flying was introduced in the real world, everybody said, “Flying makes the world larger,” because it gives you ready access to so many places that were previously so inconvenient to get to that people rarely if ever went there.

Fun fact.

Just because the devs put that on the list of “why we need to take away flying from you”, doesn’t mean it’s true in any commonly accepted sense of the word.

7 Likes

You are correct.

I think your right and I think its intentional. Flying now is for alts and a few months/weeks of current content. I guarantee they will release flying and then the new water zone very very close together.

yeah basically what they did in Legion is the new standard

1 Like

You don’t have to understand it. But for a lot of us to Fly is Fun. There is something freeing about flying and being able to go where you want. And especially now in BFA where roads are no longer safe in many zones, the mobs have larger agro radius and they chase you further.

Again it’s simple, if you don’t like or appreciate Flying, then use ground mounts. But to try and say that our desire to fly is not a valid reason, you are totally wrong.

14 Likes

It’s actually not even for Alts anymore, In Legion, I had all of my alts to 110 before flying came out. So it was really feeling like a slap in the face from the Devs. It’s like they were laughing at us, sure they will give us Flying, but they won’t give it to us until it’s really almost of no practical use.

It’s a shame we can’t fly sooner.

3 Likes

This is why Blizzard gets nothing from me but my sub money.

Haven’t bought an xpac since 2015.

Haven’t bought an in-store item since 2015.

When I tire of old content, it’s over.

3 Likes

Not quite. I said WALK everywhere, not run. Running breaks immersion just as much as flying.

3 Likes