Flying basically non exsistant

Your reply continues to be a tantrum… “Whaaa! I wont buy anything from Blizzard because I refuse to be grounded” You are the definition of a tantrum. I think you should look it up. lol

Those are things they feel go with the content they are presenting. Look at Red Dead Redemption 2. No fast travel. They still give you trains and Stages to get around faster. But those still fall into the content they are presenting. They don’t want people warping from one side of the map to the other. They want to present the content how they developed it. No how you want to play it.

When one recalls the originally provided reason for removing flight (in May 2015) was principally to save the costs of development. Period.

After 19 days, however it became crystal clear to Blizzard that removing flight was not an option.

Accordingly, any “development cost savings” would NOT be coming from flight removal. Blizzard still has to develop a 3D world that you can fly in. Net= zero savings.

However, instead of just letting well alone…

Blizzard spent development money and time to create:

• flight whistle
  • more flight paths
  • NPCs for said flight paths
  • portals*
  • artwork for said portals
  • gliders
  • wings
  • other player controlled flight substitutes
  • Pathfinder

So, not only did Blizzard NOT save development time, resources and costs by removing flight, but Blizzard actually invested more development time, resources and costs to end-run player controlled flight.

Petty, spite and failed to accomplish the stated goals.

*talk about immersion destroying? Portals. WoW is famous for its seamless mount transitions and yet… we have portals. LOL

4 Likes

What you “feel” is irrelevant. Everything you pointed to as reasons are entirely subjective.

What you call beautiful is meaningless to those that percieve it a different way. No two people enjoy the same thing the same way. Trying to use coercion and punishment tactics to attempt to get them to is prone to failure.

I reiterate what I said before. If the content can’t stand on its own without these hamfisted tactics, then the content failed before it was even released.

7 Likes

Only a moron would think that.

4 Likes

Lol. Now personal insults. I guess I have reached the end of your intellect. Good luck with the tantrum. See how far it gets you.

1 Like

Looks like fairly standard consumerism to me. If the product doesn’t meet expectations, then don’t buy it.

2 Likes

But it already is beautiful, and again, if you think the only thing you can see when you fly is the sky, then you need to get up there more often.

I never, NEVER, get bored of flying. Flying is an integral part of what makes the game fun for me. I never played a game with flying before WoW and once I could fly, I fell in love. I fly myself across zones even when flight paths are faster simply for the joy of being able to swoop through the skies on my own mounts.

But people are rushing through even without flying. I mean, we’re all still grounded in BfA and yet folks were hitting max level in a matter of days after the expansion released. The folks who want to speed through will do so regardless. Just as the folks who want to take their time and experience the game another way will also do so regardless.

Some resubbed when Blizzard announced that flying was returning, yes. I’m not really sure that proves your point. The lack of subs did almost kill the game, though, and that’s why they relented and brought flying back.

All I can say is that the more Blizzard tries to dictate how I play the game, the less likely I am to continue playing it. There’s a reason I enjoy WoW but not games like Red Dead Redemption 2.

6 Likes

Very well said, sir.

*tips hat

5 Likes

Been saying that for a while. Before the B-team took over in WoD, the game’s actual, playable content (and not just nuisances on the way to and from said content) was the main focus of the game.

Now instead of delivering top quality content, we get this garbage, time-gates, layered RNG, heavy reliance on old content to fill in a severely inadequate expansion.

In addition to less area, the “new” real estate is loaded with trash packs and terrain hazards, instead of clear roadways to travel as in every iteration of WoW through MoP. Even Draenor roads were pretty clutter free.

Starting in Legion, densely crowded gangs of trash packs and terrain hazards bordering on the ridiculous found its way into the game, presumably as a “content substitute?” If this is the “content” that we’re not supposed to “skip” by flying, the game really has hit bottom.

6 Likes

I totally understand. But also you need to understand this is your preference. Doesn’t make it right and it doesn’t make it wrong. Its just your preference. Blizzard however owns the game and can do what they want. You either play it as is or you move on.

Or you Tantrum about it like Velara and never buy anything else from them and limit your game play. That’s the beauty of choice and free will.

And BTW, RDR2 is amazing. One of the best games ever made to date. You should take a look at it.

That’s exactly the design change that was made between Mists and Warlords and why BfA has the problems it has: forced content. WoW used to embrace the concept of optional play styles and the abandonment of this concept is why BfA feels lackluster to many. The developers have straitjacketed game play for data metrics rather than player enjoyment.

6 Likes

So, after multiple replies accusing people of throwing “tantrums”, you’re going to call someone out for personal insults? The irony is strong in you.

5 Likes

Nah, I see a third option there. I’ll play the game as long as I’m enjoying most of it and I’ll continue to lobby for the changes I’d like to see. I mean, folks lobbied for a classic server for ages and never thought they’d get one, but it’ll be here next summer.

I think choice in a game like this is important. My way isn’t the only way to play the game, lord knows my game play style is unconventional at best, but neither is Blizzard’s way the only way, nor does it have to be. The game has a history of being much more friendly in the realm of player choice than it is now; it’s not an unprecedented concept, nor is it a concept that’s been unsuccessful in the past.

& Like I said, RDR2 isn’t my kind of game. I’m intrigued by the story and the setting, but the game play doesn’t seem like my cup of tea. Not really into the FPS on rails adventure genre. I also don’t think my potato of a computer could handle the graphics. I’d rather play in the open sandbox world of Minecraft. :slight_smile:

Edited to fix typo.

4 Likes

Correct.

Not to mention, with the single exception of Cata (due to the expansion being in Azeroth – retooled specifically for flight) you always had to play through the content in order to reach max level and get flight.

In BC you had to reach 70 before you could fly; in Wrath it was 80 (till a later patch introduced a tome that let your alts fly a bit earlier). Cata allowed flight in all of Azeroth and MoP returned to the max level/fly model.

Players always were required to experience the content before flying. The difference was, players could choose what expac content they would play to level – leaving the rest to alts or, for later on your main.

The other main difference, of course, was that flight was always available from launch throughout the expansion – the unlock awaiting only the player’s completion of the requirements.

All those flying mounts you spent hours farming, camping, and in some cases, spending real money on? You could enjoy them throughout.

I recall that none of the BC dragons or special mounts could even be used in no-flight areas – they were not built for ground travel. And let’s face it – Netherdrakes look absurd on the ground.

4 Likes

We may be witness to a demonstration of the Dunning-Kruger effect here…

2 Likes

The mass exodus over WoD because of no flight was a tantrum. No question. Velara stopped being reasonable so also got the tantrum label. Little different accusing someone of throwing a tantrum than calling someone a moron wouldn’t you say? I honestly wouldn’t expect you to agree or you wouldn’t have made this post. But a little perspective and maybe see how the conversation went would serve you well.

So when folks take your advice and move on, it’s a tantrum? What you call a tantrum, I call speaking with one’s wallet and making a statement that The Powers That Be can’t ignore if enough follow suit. And it worked. We got flying back. That was a step in the right direction for Blizzard.

5 Likes

Working as intended.

Apparently refusing to buy a product you don’t like is a “tantrum”. LOL tee hee…

6 Likes