Flying basically non exsistant

Show me…

“Not set in stone” = will. never. happen.

No. No it doesn’t.

Not gonna hold my breath and I wouldn’t recommend that anyone else does.

Whatever. Be jaded. Seems to be all everyone here wants to be anyway

I base my expectations on past performance. This dev team has promised much, delivered little and removed far, far too much content and too many features from the game to make me believe that they will now elect to add quality of life features – particularly when it comes to flying.

Not jaded, just conditioned.

Tell you what though… I have bookmarked this thread. If they do let you fly in post 8.2 content I will return and apologize – if I still have a sub.

4 Likes

One of these things is not like the other… :laughing:

Seems you weren’t around in WoD, when the standard response to “but Blizzard said they intended to release flying in the first major patch” was “Blizzard doesn’t promise anything, and saying they intend to do something isn’t a promise anyway.”

That’s when a lot of us got our “Blizzard says lots of things, I’ll believe when I see it in-game” attitudes.

3 Likes

You have to reframe it that flying is for leveling up, not current content. And yes, this is how Blizzard wants it as flying takes a bite out of the time it takes to do current content, a bite they don’t want you to take.

The one that really annoyed me was Argus - alts going through that was just tedium and flying would have helped. But then again, now that they made Legion content worthless, alts never need to do it. Contrast that with Tanaan, which yes I still do on alts, and flying is very important.

Judging from the forums, people hit level cap and retire from the world to focus on dungeons and raids. Flying at level cap, or even flying after doing the three story zones and war campaign (part 1), would only affect players who opt to be out in the world, and one would think Blizzard would want to ENCOURAGE people to do more world quests. They’re repeatable content, so they don’t really fall into the “people consumed all the content and now they’re bored” category like instances do.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing non stop since late wrath, I do remember a lot of unkept promises in WoD but I also remember Legion being a lot better with consistency.

I used to play more and do more content when flight was available at max level for gold.

I never minded having to level a toon to get flight.

I RP most of my toons, so each alt that leveled did different things, i.e., played different content in the (current) expac to get to max level… then flight!

Now, I won’t bother. I haven’t bought an xpac or in-store item since 2015 and won’t until flight is once again available in current content for the life of the expac.

If that never happens, then I’ll keep playing as long as I enjoy old content.

3 Likes

I am sure this has been said a million times in this thread already, but flying killed the game. You skipped beautiful content and bypass so much. Taking it out gives them the control they need to present the game as its intended to be taken in and played.

Removing flight has done so much for the game. Servers have never been more populated!

Oh, wait. . .

How does flying skip content when one cannot complete content from anywhere but on the ground? Is there a button on my flying mount that completes the content for me?

If flying had killed the game, why did it prosper all through TBC, Wrath, Cataclysm, and Mists? Players leveled to max-level, got flight and went about their business. The game did not fall apart.

It wasn’t until Warlords that we saw a massive drop-off in subscriptions when the game’s design was radically changed from the game’s previous four expansions. The seeds of BfA’s woes were planted in that expansion.

4 Likes

Yeah… because people left because they cant fly anymore. Give me a break.

Ill humor you. It doesn’t complete content but it skips it. Keeping people on the ground control the flow. It controls changes in the environment. Lighting. Music. Mood. ect. Straight line to the next quest location from 10K feet skips content. Its why you cant fly in dungeons. Why no complaint there?

Flying prospered because people are always looking for an easy button. Flying is an easy button.

LOL. I guess you weren’t around in May 2015 …

4 Likes

Were you around during WoD? lol

5 Likes