Flying - All or Nothing

Prefer to keep Pathfinder, but I would like P1 to unlock launch areas and P2 to unlock patch areas.

Removing it entirely cost half the playerbase in WoD, and for if it were gold again it’s unlikely it would be less than 200k (minimally) and I need my gold to fund my addiction to race changes.

13 Likes

Pathfinder is just fine. The timegating is what ends up being so horribly painful.

Flying should have been released six months earlier.

That’s really all there is to it.

20 Likes

I’m fine with Pathfinder… maybe move it up a few months though.

12 Likes

This would be the best solution. It makes everyone see the content on the ground like Blizzard wants then lets us fly much sooner like most people want.

6 Likes

This is the third expansion for which Pathfinder has been “a thing”. Pathfinder is part of the game, and should not be surprising to anyone.

You are welcome to your opinion.

I like Pathfinder. I prefer it to max level flying purchasing. I’m not telling you that your opinion is wrong, only that when you use blanket terms like “nobody”, you’re statement is wrong.

7 Likes

I just want to point this out.

5 Likes

Ya ur right I could care less. I still play and like retail

In my opinion it would be better without

Do you not know what opinions are😂

1 Like

It is NEVER coming back as gold, what part of that do you not understand. People have WAY too much gold now, and in the past, the gold requirement was the gating itself. If you were a very rich person, you were a minority and thus Blizzard didnt really worry if some people were getting it immediately since it was a very small group. The majority had to spend weeks getting the gold to buy it. That is no longer the case. So either Blizzard sets the price at millions which new players will feel overwhelmed to farm, or they gate it the way they have now.

2 Likes

Yes, everyone has one…

2 Likes

Youre right to be annoyed. Pathfinder was a remedy to a problem that never existed. It was a punishment for those who dared to rebel against their threat to remove flight.
This game has ten thousand grinds. It didnt need one for a stinking mode of travel.
Im nearly ashamed that I wanted these DI dwarves badly enough that by the time I was done with that and a couple other things that I was so close to PF that I just did it to say I did.

Pathfinder servers absolutely no purpose whatsoever.
Those players who run all the content didnt need incentive to do it. They’d run the gauntlet because they ENJOY doing it.
And those like myself who WONT run all the content because we enjoy other ways of playing this game, just wont get PF at all except in very extreme cases and then it’ll be by freak accident rather than intent.

PF added nothing positive to this game.
The only thing it does add is, as you say, annoyance to the game for those who dont like it.

17 Likes

I agree, mostly because I don’t think they can afford the no flying stance so we will get flying right at max level.

This ‘compromise’ only benefits them.

1 Like

Said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m more than fine with waiting to fly because it doesn’t make me pay like 10-15k out of wallet every time I want to make an alt- Which I do pretty often!

3 Likes

if it was just Pathfinder 1 and they released it 6 months earlier. I’d be pretty happy. Pathfinder 2 annoys me. But, the larger issue is it nearly takes a year after launch for flying to come out. Also, to all the people who hate flying. Just don’t get pathfinder and your done no one is forcing you to get it or to fly.

11 Likes

I disagree. I do Pathfinder once, I automatically get flying on ALL my toons, now and forever. I think that’s awesome, I think that’s very positive.

5 Likes

Until you don’t get it on all your toons now and forever. Just wait next expansion - I am betting they will start eroding that.

You don’t care but you do? If you didn’t care you’d be fine if flying was available at max level and you’d be fine the way it is. Not caring indicates the absence of an opinion on the matter. Just pointing out you like to provoke people on the forums is all.

1 Like

It’s fine as it is. Just play the game and eventually you will get flying along the way.

1 Like

No I don’t care enough to stop playing or bash retail

I do care enough to voice my opinion that it makes the game worse

How is this so hard for you to understand

How could they? I legit don’t see how, especially since part 1 has a separate reward in mount speed and all.