Flowing Pandaren Spirit

Is it normal for the flowing pandaren spirit to take 4 turns before I ever get one ?

Flowing is water, yes? The first waterstrider pet does whirlpool, heal, dive (don’t know what’s next as I have it dead to peck, peck, liftoff). The second one is more variable. The water spirit does geyser, whirlpool, aoe water wave until whirlpool is off cooldown at which point whirlpool, geyser.

No, the other side shouldn’t get get four turns before you get one. I have noted that in pvp pet battles you can sometimes get lag spike turn skipping where it won’t let you do anything for a while because reasons. I didn’t think it could happen in a daily since there aren’t timers.

If you were to copy the pet battle log from your chat window, we would be able to explain what is going on.

The water spirit tamer starts with a fish and I start with a P/P gryphon. I peck, peck and fly and the fish is dead. From there the unharmed gryphon can come close to soloing the match. Sometimes it even does, which can be a problem if i forget to swap my leveler in.

1 Like

Aww… I use a P/P Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling here. I hadn’t see anyone else using one (complete team includes a leveler and Scooter). I generally have to deliberately have my gryphon eat the geyser/whirlpool combo (and die) to remember to swap in the leveler.

1 Like

I use the gryphon as well (and eat the whirlpool geyser). I pair it with an explode pet so that the next turn after the gryphon dies, I explode the final HP of the spirit and the carry pet gets all the EXP without ever participating in the fight (Aside from tanking the AoE). Saves a turn or two that way.

Doing the Flowing pretty much daily as part of circuit to level both pets and toons, and never seen Marley the fish vary his routine. Can hit him on first round, then he’s immune cause he dived, then can hit him again. So you must’ve experienced something very unusual.

My normal strategy, carry pet on first round. This cause I usually have some fairly high-level pets that need more XP, and to be safe should be at least level 20 to soak up all those damn backrow hits.

Then swap to a sacrifice pet, I use Blackfuse Bombling. They know they’re gonna die so do a hit, then a bomb that kills them but hits the fish hard.

Now Ikky can clean up all three. Quills will off the fish, then Black Claw and Flock takes out the other two. MIght die from the Whirlpool last round, but carry pet will survive and thrive and level.

Well guys, my carry pet only has to survive about 3 waves.
Start with carry pet
Swap in (P/P Bloodbeak) I use Crackers, same thing–
Lift Off
Peck Goldfish dies
Peck
Rain Dance (edit: to heal, if needed)
Lift Off–Water Skimmer dies
–You can continue like this using the flyer against the Water Spirit, but I swap in my Jellyfish to speed things up.
Rain Dance
Squeeze
Tentacle Slap–Usually the jellyfish will die here from the geyser and the whirlpool.
–if Spirit is still alive, Flyer can easily finish the job.

Hmmmm… I’m kind of comp illiterate, not sure if I can figure out how to do that, but I’ll give it a shot. IF it happens again and I’ve NOT posted the pet battle that means I didn’t figure it out.
I do thank you all for your replies, I don’t have any problems with the other 2 opposing pets, just the Pandaren Air Spirit.

Just to make sure we’re all on the same page, your original post referred to the Flowing Pandaren Spirit quest, where you fight the Pandaren WATER Spirit. That’s what the replies suggesting strategies have been responding to.

If you’re talking about the Pandaren AIR Spirit, that’s the Whispering Pandaren Spirit battle. Which works whole lot differently.

teroclaw can solo the whole battle… just remember to switch your leveling pet in at sometime. I use a strider as a 3rd/clean up pet.

cant edit for some reason, but whispering is different, than flowing, check out Xu Fu, and use rematch. Xu Fu has strats and TD scripts, that make panda pet leveling super fast… cept for Yon, my idol takes for ever with the 2 pet lvl strat =P

Highlight the words in the chat window, press Control, C, and it’s copied to your clipboard.
Press Control, V, when you have your cursor where you want to paste it.