Flight: why are we waiting longer than we did in Legion?

Huh. I was pretty sure you were mocking something they had said on a stream about the development of Legion or BfA, which is why I said they weren’t wrong. I think it rings true enough that it stands fine on its own-- when you’re able to fly, you’re going to miss things.

“We’ll piss off the players now so we can generate goodwill by reversing the decision later” does, sadly, sound like the kind of logic these devs might use.

4 Likes

This.

Not only have I learned this lesson, I have also learned that Blizzard is not a company worth trusting with any new IP they come out with.

2 Likes

Bingo - we had flying almost immediately after hitting max level in TBC, Wrath, Cata, and MoP. It was never a problem. Delaying access to flight is just another way to make things artificially take longer, drawing out your playtime and hopefully making you sub another month to finish things you started previously. More evidence of the game being made for shareholders, and not players. This game is designed entirely around playtime metrics now, and it’s never been more obvious than with BfA.

My sub expires in 6 days - I think it’s best to just stay unsubbed until the last few months of the xpac when all content is hopefully available. See you guys around.

6 Likes

I can see them removing all portals, only to bring them back by adding achieves you have to earn to open each portal.

1 Like

Achieves locked behind reputation grinds!

you’re going to miss things.

Exalted with all on three toons, two Alliance one Horde, explored it all, all achievements incl Loremaster, been over the terrain a hundred times.

Only thing I will miss is flight.

But please, Ill humour you. name me one thing I will miss when flying.

2 Likes

Gotta start coming to the understanding that the devs don’t care about you as a player. Once you accept that its alot easier to see how bad things have gotten. They took away flight , one major aspect of wow . Then try to add it at a later time to keep players subbed. It’s no different then that of when mcdonalds takes away the mcrib. Then bring it back . Without flight, one thing that I’ve noticed is how little content the devs are actually putting out. If anything they need to lower the montly sub.

1 Like

The friends you make along the way.

The friends you make along the way.

…the connection is…?

3 Likes

It’s a cheeky joke.

If you’re going to measure all things worth experiencing/obtaining based on whether or not it ticks off part of your achievement, you’re missing the forest for the trees. There are secrets, callbacks, easter eggs and charming little oddities that are peppered into the game just because the developers were having a bit of fun. And when you’re up in the air, these things go from being hidden to being invisible.

The entirety of a player’s Warcraft experience cannot be measured in Achievemments, but in memories and stories shared with friends.

There are secrets, callbacks, easter eggs and charming little oddities that are peppered into the game just because the developers were having a bit of fun. And when you’re up in the air, these things go from being hidden to being invisible.

Mate, six months in? Seen it all.

The entirety of a player’s Warcraft experience cannot be measured in Achievemments, but in memories and stories shared with friends.

Oh you mean the friends that have been vanishing one by one into another game that DOESNT timegate things to this absurd level?

4 Likes

Because flight ruins the game.

Because flight ruins the game.

You wont be flying in Classic.

Lead Dev: OK everyone, sharholders demand more profits, we are cutting the world development team in 1/2, as such the new zones will be really small

Dev 1: Don’t you think the players will notice and be unhappy?

Lead Dev: Who cares, players dont know what fun is! Triple the mobs in every zone, have them scale by ILVL it will take them 10 min to move 5 feet. The world will feel big

Dev 1: What happens when they can fly, they will see all three zones from one spot, and mobs won’t matter?

Lead 1: We will fix that! No flying for at least a year! We will drop the new ‘nonflying’ zone with 8.2 with a new zone reputation grind for pathfinder 2, they won’t be playing in these zones anyway. Problem solved. Tell the shareholders I want my bonus direct deposit

3 Likes

More like slowing us down from having any motivation to play this game anymore. Thanks Ion and the rest of the guys at Blizzard who don’t speak up about it, you’ve killed any small amount of enjoyment I had left in this game. Congrats.

5 Likes

Then quit getting flight and flying mounts on your characters.
Flips hair

I hope when they release it they release a whole new area of current content that you cant fly in very shortly after again. Then its popcorn time.

Which is amazing.

I can do what I want!

Oh look, it’s Me Me Me: The Thread, featuring an OP who can’t help but immediately discount other’s opinions about the topic he’s posting about.