Flight: why are we waiting longer than we did in Legion?

Why is wanting flying “not using my brain”? No flying feels like a MAJOR void in the game. The best times this game has ever had were all when flying was available at max level.

7 Likes

100% disagree with everything you stated here. I don’t want flying so that things are easier. I want flying because that is a part of the game that I enjoy. The game devs used to put content into the game that required flight in order to be able to participate in. I loved that content. The devs used to make world’s larger and utilities flight as a core part of the game. They give us a multitude of flying mounts that right now can’t even fly. How does that even make sense. My dragon just forgot how? Don’t assume that the reasons you don’t like flight have anything to do with the rest of us…

Also, even if flight was available instantly at Max lvl, you don’t need to use it. You can still do your mining and herbing from a ground mount. That’s on you.

5 Likes

My guess is they will add some new rep grind for 8.2 with a new faction in Najatar that will be in Pathfinder Part 2.

You definitely don’t and can’t speak for the majority.

If forums are any indication of what the majority feel, Pathfinder has been a terrible idea from the start. The classic reach max level then get flying seems to still be the preferred method.

Pathfinder should still exist as an optional achievement for a cool mount or something like that. Not as the gate way to flight.

7 Likes

Waits patiently for the rest of the argument
Later
That’s it? Just an unsubstantiated, uninformative comment?
A simple denial, in the face of contradictory evidence, is not enough; indeed, it only supports my position.
Flips hair

TL:DR Facts, please.

1 Like

Disclaimer: I’m not against flying at this point in the expansion. So please don’t hate on me.

But I’m just curious, besides alts (which I’ve leveled 6 to max level), what other thing is it useful for currently?

It is useful for all the things I’ve listed previously.
Briefly, it allows you a CHOICE; you can fly on by, swoop down, change altitude/direction and all as YIU, personally, choose to do.
The ability to chose is so important to a true open-world game.
Flips hair

I like how you just comment on the insult and have absolutely no comment on the information he’s provided to your reply.

R
A
W

2 Likes

Because it would be going in circles. If you went through everything it’s all been said already, but I really think he needs some new material.

Riiiiiiiiiiight lmao

yeah with all the time-gating of major xpac features, bliz is driving people away from preorders and towards delayed play. Why not just sign up when flying is released? Why not just sign up when almost everything is available?

6 Likes

Never hopefully. Flight is awful.

Retired, I’m a retired Marine. :smiley:

Semper Fi! :us:

4 Likes

I now sit corrected ( I was standing up before) and right you are.:grinning:

1 Like

Nobody is forcing you to fly. All you have to do is use a ground mount. Hope this advice helps!

8 Likes

I very much like the Pathfinder concept of doing a meta-achieve that will earn flight for all my characters, current and future.

I absolutely abhor it being made into two parts, the second part being tied to an unknown future patch which isn’t released for months and months–possibly a year. That is just complete compost. The full Pathfinder should be earnable at launch, or at least no later than the first content patch.

8 Likes

Like all so-called ‘no flight in game’ supporters, she probably has flight to the max AND her own personal air force.
Flips hair

1 Like

Anyone who says they’re against flying then mounts up on a flying mount the second it’s available is a hypocrite. They claim the game is so much better on the ground but don’t hesitate to spread those wings as soon as they can.

5 Likes

How about “War mode on, no flight”.

1 Like

I don’t want others to fly especially the horde. I’m too busy farming them. Moving around the continents is easy enough, so there is no need to fly.