Flight: why are we waiting longer than we did in Legion?

I know.

And IIRC, the last time we started an expansion being able to fly (Cataclysm) the QQ about being able to fly out of the gate, and how that just ruined the expansion and made the world feel “too small” was absolutely epic.

No matter what Blizz does, people are going to cry about it.

It’s no wonder they ignore us in here.

1 Like

Possibly, but what throws me off is their cut-off date for the weekly AP reduction – that’s 3/26. Last time they cut it off a few weeks before the next content update. I could see them doing so again for the next update.

I understand why people complain about flying. It would make everything easier. But, do we really want easier?

I’ve played BFA almost every day since it has been out and now I know all the paths, environments, mobs, etc. If I had been able to fly I never would have known all of that information. What I mean, is I’ve “learned” the game. I know how to get to any WQ is the most efficient manner. I know if a WQ is worth the reward based on the time it will take. I know where I can travel to not pull aggro on mobs or to find a lot of herbs/ore.

If I had been able to fly then I would not know any of this, or maybe 10%-20% of what I know. There is a sense of accomplishment with getting to this point. That sense of accomplishment is a big reason why I enjoy playing and overcoming challenges. I think we would lose a lot if flying was available too soon in an expansion.

Of course they would. Thinking otherwise is incredibly naive The devs don’t want to put in the time and effort to code every expac for flight because they’re lazy. Laziness is like a disease-carrying parasite that spreads itself like a plague, the longer you ignore it and let it grow, the more people it infects and worse things become. I can’t make it plainer without crayons folks.

Semper Fi! :us:

I don’t think it’s about the fact it makes anything easier but it’s something we didn’t have to grind rep for or time gated at max level until WoD. In Mists you would level in the new zones on your ground mount and when you ding you could buy Pandaria flying. I don’t see the problem. You grind to max level and the flying is an added feature as a reward and nice bonus to look forward to. It gives you more freedom to do the content you want at max level. What about when you level up a toon from level 1 to max level? As you level up you’re rewarded with bonus ground mount speeds and eventually flying for different zones that were purchased for gold. It worked then so it would work now so why change Flying requirements to stupid rep grinds and time gating it? It totally ridiculous. Regardless of flying requirements in BFA the fact is the content isn’t there and if we didn’t have the rep and time gating for it then players would be playing the game way less. The game is in a very poor state.

I understand why people complain about flying. It would make everything easier. But, do we really want easier?

Id like to fly before an entire year has gone by, quite frankly.

1 Like

Neither of which is a reason to delay flying. If they can’t get 8.2 out in the same timeframe as 7.2, then flying needs to come in 8.1.5…or should have been released in 8.1.

4 Likes

It wont.

PTR 8.1.5 doesnt include flight. Unless Blizzard makes changes, we are slated to 8.2 which is at least three months from now.

1 Like

Oh sweet summer child, logic and reason have no place here!

3 Likes

Or, Blizzard could stop being lazy and actually design content around flying like they did back in BC and Wrath. You can’t skip content with flying if said content is designed for you to have it.

But I guess that would require too much effort and work, and would lower played-time metrics. And we can’t have the shareholders unhappy, now can we?

Edit: I’m also still really pissed off that no flying = removing an entire druid form. Druids can’t use their flight form at all. Or their class mount, which Blizzard still refuses to address even though every other class in the entire game can use their class mount wherever mounts are allowed. It’s a load of BS and it’s insulting that Blizzard thinks druids will just accept whatever stupid “we think we do but we don’t” reason they try and shove down our throats.

I digress slightly but no flying/when we can fly is just one of the many stupid hills Blizzard insists on dying on for no reason other than they think they know better than the players who, yes, actually know what they like and don’t like.

9 Likes

Well, that’s you; you clearly prefer the instanced game. I enjoy going out in the world and doing the world quests. I find farming mats relaxing. I like helping friends who might be having trouble with a specific mob or area to get through that area.

And sometimes, I like finding a high, unobstructed area, maxing out my graphics, and taking screencaps of everything.

Flying improves my ability to do all of these things, by letting me get where I’m going more efficiently. Plus, I just like taking to the air and getting an overview of the terrain.

10 Likes

You mean like in Cataclysm? You know, the expansion that everyone said felt too small?

It’s insanely fast on a ground mount, too. With the herbing enchant you can pick between auto-attacks, so it doesn’t really matter if the mobs are on you or not.

1 Like

I can get usually get the herb before the mobs can hit me and then I’m gone in the air without them even being able to give chase. Between the herbalism glove enchant, bardings, and not having to unmount if you have a golem/are a druid… It’s insanely fast.

And thats without flight.

So the garbage that “someone can steal your node from the air” is rubbish.

That and nodes are multitap anyway.

2 Likes

I’m all for no flying. Haters gonna hate but I’m entitled to my opinion.

Just an observation, but it’s usually a character that has a name with special characters in it, that will have an opinion so contrary to others.

Every single time.

why does it matter what you think?? again i might add , you have no authority to do anything just like me :rofl:

Blizzard bit this hand before and lost, they want to go round 2 they are welcome :smiley:

4 Likes

I am trying to see what world content is even worth doing that would need flying.

There are close to 5000 threads on that topic that would answer your question adequately going back three expacs.

Dont care if you “cant see what needs flying and what doesnr”…it isnt your call to tell others what they enjoy and what they dont and it isnt your place to decide for others what they should or should not want.

4 Likes

Show me a shred of proof from an outside source. Because they literally told us their thinking with pathfinder: flying makes it so players can skip stuff and they don’t want people to skip it.

By the way? Last expansion had zones that they developed to allow flying and this one probably already does. They didn’t skip that because they’re lazy or whatever bologna you’re spouting.

Show me a shred of proof from an outside source. Because they literally told us their thinking with pathfinder: flying makes it so players can skip stuff and they don’t want people to skip it.

Expac is close to five months old.

ast expansion had zones that they developed to allow flying and this one probably already does. They didn’t skip that because they’re lazy or whatever bologna you’re spouting.

Last expansion we waited seven months…this time its a year, and Blizzard is seeing how long they can make us wait. Next expac will be 18 months.

The longer they gate it, the more will just decide enough is enough and walk out the door never to return.

4 Likes