Flight: why are we waiting longer than we did in Legion?

The fact you believe this shows it’s an emotional thing and not a logical thing for you and we are coming from entirely different places at this point, so this is where I get off the train.

Mission accomplished.

Semper Fi! :us:

6 Likes

Assuming we GET a 9.0, my money says we get it in July and that 9.0 will be November 2020 instead of August.

So yes flying will be later, but we’ll be able to fly for approximately the same amount of time.

1 Like

Wont be here.

My tolerance is at an end. Not waiting a year to fly and no gaurantee they wont pull a WOD at the last moment.

1 Like

Who even cares? Just greedy gatherers? Low prices are good for everyone else. If it’s worth your time to ground mount gather good for you. If it’s not because of flying why can’t you find other things to do? But you’d rather everyone who likes flying suffer so you can make a few more gold while prices are inflated by inconvenient ground travel.

I just think flying is fun. The false narrative that people who fly disengage from everything in the world, PvP, questing, combat, exploration, immersion, all the hard work the art department does, etc. It’s all hogwash. Flying is a fun way to do all of that, and if ground mounts were more fun than flying mounts people would refuse to fly to have more fun. It’s just not true.

10 Likes

“Am I so out of touch? No, it’s the children who are wrong.”
skinner.jpg

9 Likes

They may just not release pathfinder part 2 as the majority have already voted against flight countless times.

There never was a vote. Ever.

11 Likes

I agree. The wait is excruciating. No blue post either on multiple threads besides this one I’m seeing. Azerite system was flop everything pushed back for date of releases. Major company layoffs. 20% increase on wow exp release. 8.2 looks promising on multiple fronts.

7 Likes

Its incomprehensible to me how the devs have grounded a player base that wants flying so badly.

It’s obvious that they have ulterior motives and their claims of “increased player immersion” are completely false.

16 Likes

It’s saves production costs on their crappy game engine, because they just put up 2D textured polygons without flying to break our immersion. See youtube videos on Silvermoon city when you fly over it for an example.

7 Likes

I like pathfinder, even if it is two parts. I do wish they would add it soon though :(. It would make me level more of my alts

1 Like

Because player’s free will is not a big priority.

I get being grounded in the beginning of an x-pac, but anything beyond the first major patch or 2nd raid tier is excessive & silly since typical players have likely exhausted the content. It adds value to Goblin Gliders, but stymies participation in certain areas.

12 Likes

Flying is a tool to make things easier, and yes… skip stuff. Nothing more, nothing less. They wouldn’t have made pathfinder or tried to remove it if it that wasn’t true.

1 Like

You REALLY don’t know? Ion is already on record saying having personal flight in WoW was a big mistake. Player response at the beginning of WoD was so overwhelming they had to back-track on the plan to remove personal flight completely. They really don’t want flight in the game, and will do anything and everything in their power to drag it out as long as they can, making obtaining it as difficult and time-consuming as they can.

The player base is being slowly but surely conditioned to not having it. As the time to obtain personal flight gets longer and longer, eventually we won’t get it until the first patch of the next xpac, and then it will disappear altogether. That day may be two or three xpacs away, or it could be the next xpac. It all depends on reaction by the players and what happens to the revenue stream.

9 Likes

This is where you start drifting into fiction.

You begin by citing information something that’s actually been said, and use that to lean into this conspiratorial theory that suggests it only has to do with engagement time and making things take longer.

All you know is they don’t want flying. You don’t know why, or whether or not it has anything to do with ‘forcing people on the ground’. Stop making things up.

And you have no information that says I’m wrong, except your own speculation. I did manage to successfully complete logical progression courses and content at university level, and can follow a trend to several endings, then zero in on the one that makes the most sense.

If you have information disproving my conclusion, please share it.

6 Likes

As much as I’ve gotten used to using all of the vehicles they gave us to get around outside of flight, it’s really annoying to just not be able to use all of the mounts we have that fly (no, running with a flying mount is not cool) and trudge across the zones all the time on auto-run hoping to not get dazed on the way to a quest I’ve already done 4700 times.

6 Likes

I’m not the one making any claims here, you are.

Pointing out that you have a lack of information that supports your claim-- or being skeptical of how you arrived to your conflusion-- doesn’t mean the onus is on me to disprove you. You have to back up your claim.

I made no “claims.” You created that all by yourself in your head. I answered a question based on analysis of Ion’s stated position on personal flight and my first-hand observance of everything that has happened with regard to personal flight since he said it. I used logic, reason, and rationale to arrive at a conclusion.

The only argument you’ve offered is “Uh uh!!!” I’ll repeat my offer – if you have information to refute my position, offer it. Otherwise, you’re just an annoyance, a wind chime tinkling in the wind.

4 Likes

You made a claim.

Your claim, which you cannot verify, is based on speculation. And that’s fine to do, you can speculate all the live-long day. The problem you have is that for all your deduction, you don’t have any confirmation.

You can look at behavior and stated positions, but all you’re able to prove is that they didn’t want flying in the game.

I’m telling you that you need additional information to connect that to the claim that flying was removed to ground players, and that grounding players was a choice made to artificially increase engagement time, because that’s the part where you veered off.