Flight: why are we waiting longer than we did in Legion?

Still in Beta for Azeroth though, once the release version of Battle for Azeroth is released we will only have 7 months to wait before flying drops :rofl:

1 Like

Where did a Blue post that?

Mine nodes easier, complete world quests without getting repeatedly dazed before getting to it, not get ganked by roaming deathsquads in wpvp (thereā€™s another option for this one, but I prefer flying away and striking back), completing emissaries without again being repeatedly dazed, getting to mythic+ dungeons/raids again without being dazed & taking repeated fall damage.

All of that annoying, tedious, frustrating, imbecilic gameplay is what is getting on to so many peopleā€™s nerves and also what flying solves.

4 Likes

Wpvp was bustling with major death squad ganking in the pre-patch Darkshore which had both flying and Warmode.

This was also common with both BC and Wrath on wpvp servers.

I donā€™t think you argument holds a lick of water.

Corrected that for you. In truth that is the crux of it all. Flying gives the Development team, programmers and artists a lot of extra work to implement.

If A LOT of People at Blizzard thinks they will retain their positions once Flying is eliminated from the game. Think again! Ion MIGHT as well be helping Activision AXE more employeeā€™s at this point; with his stance on Flying!

They WONā€™T NEED A LOT OF YOU. Once Flying goes poof. Why? would they. You become redundant then.

Aghā€¦ power weakeningā€¦ everything going coldā€¦ Iā€¦ I can see my dogā€¦

Oh cool, heā€™s still got the mangeā€¦

Fair enough. At this point Iā€™m just deferring to the expertise of those who actually pvped all those years ago. I still have a lot of concerns regarding the removal of flight, but for now Iā€™ll hold my tongue.

Itā€™s mostly just because I love war mode.

Wrong on all points.

4 Likes

He isnā€™t wrong, but he isnā€™t right either. Itā€™s a very subjective point, especially when referring to fun.

I wouldnā€™t say it is a mechanic, but that all depends on what you refer to as a mechanic in the game, it definitely still affects the game though and how you play it so it has mechanic characteristics.

It definitely doesnā€™t ā€œmake the content easierā€ it makes it significantly more convenient, but that is not the same thing.

Iā€™m not sure that is the case. I donā€™t believe they would be able to get around that without causing a significant backlash, plus why would they introduce other conveniences and encouraged content if they planned to remove this large one?

I think the issue is mostly that
a) They donā€™t feel that they have to introduce flying whilst it does not directly impact the game, as it is merely a convenience to complete the content you are already doing.
Was content designed with flying in mind, ie TBC and WotLK, I feel they would be unable to not release it. However content is all designed to be completed by foot, therefore it is not significant enough to require flying.

b) Current content is still current. Blizzard introduces scaling mobs, scaling rewards and also increases them between seasons.
Blizzard believe that as long as current content is current they can justify players requiring the same effort to receive those rewards.
Flying as a convenience is generally something Blizzard sees as something to assist in performing outdated content (see Argus no flying). While that content isnā€™t outdated, as far as they are concerned flying isnā€™t required.

In my opinion they need to release flying closer to max level whilst also having it impactful on the current content. Ie areas previously inaccessible without flying. They need to give us reasons for having flying, but also reward us by giving us access to new content because we have flying. TBC and WotLK did this quite wonderfully in my opinion.

You are welcome to your opinion about their opinions.

I downloaded the PTR just to have a look at Zandalari, i think it has updated 2 or 3 times yet every time I try to login i get the error ā€œno servers are availableā€. Been trying to log in for months and still canā€™t

You can keep calling me Ion like that means anything, I guess, but youā€™re still not addressing anything Iā€™ve brought up. Youā€™re just parroting the same tired lines that pro-fliers always resort to.

DoNt CaLl Us LaZy

ReMeMbEr WoD?

I addressed why the idea that leveling once through the Kul Tiras and Zuldazar zones means itā€™s not relevant anymore is extremely entitled, and thatā€™s actually the point I was making. So feel free to tell me why thatā€™s wrong, or just keep saying the same things your side always says to defend their sacred cow.

1 Like

They will not engage in any meaningful discourse. Even after the majority of players have voiced and voted for no flying they stick to their guns.

Flying detracts from gameplay. The majority of players do not enjoy it. We are glad they are focusing on real content nowdays.

1 Like

Meaningful discourse? LOL There are hundreds of flight threads full of ā€œmeaningful discourseā€ about flight, if you bothered to read them. Or did you really just mean ā€œdiscourseā€ that agrees with your opinion?

^^ This never happened. Pure fiction. Blizzard doesnā€™t do player vote polls. Ever. Why do you have to resort to lies? Do you really think people will believe you? Especially the ones who were here in WoD?

^^ Again, this is only your opinion. You have no idea what the ā€œmajorityā€ enjoys or doesnā€™t enjoy. Pray tell, what ā€œreal contentā€ are they focusing on?

12 Likes

You did all of 8.1.5, 8.2 and 8.3 content already and got all the new reps exalted? Holy cow you are good. Teach us your tricks!

Theyā€™ve already made all their excuses, and the players have made all the arguments that nullify ActiBlizzā€™s excuses. Itā€™s very simple, the devs lack the talent(theyā€™re blameless for this), skill(willful ignorance, skill can be taught) and desire(laziness) to incorporate flight into WoW like the previous dev team did. So the reasons the players want flight in the game really donā€™t matter, the dev team is going to keep holding it out as long as they can until they can finally get rid of it.

The only way to stop them from achieving this is for a major chunk of the playerbase to take a stand and cancel their subs, or replace the dev team with one that is better for WoW. And before anyone says they got the best already, compare the amount of active subs from before WoD and now. No, ActiBlizz does not have ā€œthe bestā€ dev team for WoW that they can get, they have a bunch amateurs led be someone who is willfully ignorant of his own shortcomings and the desires of the playerbase, who is also arrogant enough to ignore good advice.

No matter what anyone says or does at this point, I will forever believe that pathfinder was added as payback for the dev team getting their backsides tanned for huge loss of subs in WoD, and they will continue to make flight a pain in the backside until what players are left just donā€™t care if itā€™s in the game or not. The devs donā€™t want to put in the work to incorporate flight into the game, and that my friends, is just pure laziness.

Semper Fi! :us:

10 Likes

They will not engage in any meaningful discourse. Even after the majority of players have voiced and voted for no flying they stick to their guns.

No one has ever voted for no flying.

This is false.

11 Likes

You did all of 8.1.5

Not out for three or four weeks, no new content aside from some quest which will take an hour at best.

8.2 is at least five months away.

There is no reason whatsoever why we should not fly now.

6 Likes

Hereā€™s the biggest reason, and why it I think it wonā€™t be until late Marchā€¦ or April.

6 month subs who got the Dread Wake will be unsubbing and what better way to suck people back in than to say NOW FLY WITH YOUR PIRATE BOAT YAY!

Just watch :slight_smile: they are releasing stuff as late as possible after sub renews.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure OP. Iā€™ve come to a realization of sorts as I play this game here and there. I wonā€™t be getting the next expansion, or rather Iā€™ll wait until about a year or so in or after they have flight implemented or hopefully not even play until the expansion after the next one. In that way I can do all the old content, have flying at my disposal in all instances and complete all dungeons/raids etc and unlock all my transmog, and just level certain characters here and there. I plan on unlocking that kilteran race and I might switch over to hord to grind and unlock the zindalari race, but maybe they will make them easier to unlock after this expansion. Iā€™m not sure, but what I do know is as other people enjoy the expansion after this. Iā€™ll be grinding in this one and the previous ones to unlock everything I want.

Iā€™m no longer playing this game or time gating me, etc. If you want to play that Iā€™ll just wait until you eventually unlock everything, go play other games, come back and buy the expansion at a discount and level it as it is intended, with all the bugs out and things sorted. I didnā€™t even start playing until the lich king expansion so I think Iā€™ll do the same thing with this going forward.

my Idea is iā€™m going to go back to probably MOP and start from there and just explore and complete whatever I have yet to do, while unlocking the kiltirean race or whatever and leveling that on the side. I wanted a druid for the longest time and they seem perfect for it.

7 Likes