Flash Heal vs Shadow Mend in M+

So the thing is, the sins of the many buff IS that. It starts falling off at 6 targets.

Evoker is currently overpowered in M+, no doubt about that right now. They’ve been back and forth a lot, but with their latest changes + echo change they’re doing very high damage for little effort, they’ve got lust, and they can heal almost anything in dungeons by using a lot of their weird bronze interactions (though TBH some of those might still be bugged? Blizzard’s not good with clarity on bugs leading up to a new expansion).

If Moad is playing for the top tier in M+ specifically, then Evoker’s the way to go if they’re not nerfing anything. Their only problem is a learning curve on positioning and all of their really odd interactions in their kit. Otherwise they’re pretty simple and extremely effective.

If I were to GUESS tiers right now, It’d be Evoker and Druid in S. Disc priest would be in A with Holy Pally with everyone else in B.

Monk is in an awkward spot where I think they’re powerful healers, but they’ll hit a key level where they struggle because fistweaving becomes less viable and the caster build takes too much mana.

Shaman I haven’t played since damage buffs so MAYBE they go up a tier? But they’ve been in pretty bad shape.

Hpriest just ate nerfs, and seems like it’s probably worse in dungeons than Disc now - and that alone pushes it down a tier IMO. Being slightly worse than the other priest spec has always traditionally made a spec bottom tier. But I think it’s CAPABLE of high keys regardless.

That said I haven’t played shaman post damage buff in beta so they might have moved up to A.

Yup, that seems to be the consensus.

Regarding disc, Moad said the healing output just isn’t there for high keys. And that were it to have enough output it would be broken in raid. And that it simply could not be fixed in its current state. He puts it in F tier at the very bottom.

Personally I think that’s incorrect. But I didn’t go higher than 15 in beta - not many people were trying to do higher keys than that.

I don’t think the throughput is bad at all, but I guess it might be a problem at like the +30 level Moad plays to.

My concern for Disc is largely mana, actually. Shorter Radiance atonements has me casting way more radiance and that’s painful on mana after the shadowfiend/mindbender nerfs and the seasonal not having a mana component.

I would take any tier lists with a grain of salt because DF has not even dropped yet. Tweaks–nerfs and buffs can drastically change everything. That said, I am making an evoker and made a druid today I am now leveling.

As for how the tier lists end up, it looks like mistweaver will again be garbage, and I doubt that will change. While it can pump great heals it is a mana guzzler. Disc, I am not ready to give up on, but doubt it will be meta/S tier. Holy paladin is looking pretty strong from what I hear.

1 Like

Mistweaver’s actually very fun in M+ and I totally think you could do some high keys with it. I just don’t think it’s competitive in a really high key environment.

From what I played, in low keys they’re incredible, but once fistweaving starts slowing down, it gets really hard to play them in a way I haven’t really seen from any other healer. And that problem’s just going to get worse as key level climbs.

Mistweaver healing is very potent, especially if you hot everyone up. They also have amazing burst healing. But they go oom a lot. And their damage is not great.

I mained one raiding mainly in BFA, and loved the healing on them. I did not do a lot of keys back then and healed using an upwelling build. They topped the healing meters easy back then.