Flag Cap bugs and weird toxic strangers

Twice I have joined a casual bg where I have stood on Alliance flag to cap and it will not cap. Another thing that happens is strange players will begin to insult me right at start who I don’t even know. Just picking fights for no reason and insulting me. Why does this happen?

This is a known issue since the Pre-Patch launch. Also the gates of BG’s are slow to open after the countdown. This will get fixed.

This is the result of anonymity on the Internet. This will not get fixed.

2 Likes

You mean the countdown timer goes for another two minutes after the gates open, right? That’s what’s been happening for me

I can’t see your profile, so is there any chance you have a relatively low ilvl/HP pool? Some of the more toxic players will start flaming those type of players because they’re not generally able to contribute as much to the game

That is odd, on the Horde side it is only 1-3 seconds.

1 Like

They are 121 ilvl prot, so it’s not the gear.
Could be xmog related or the fact they are prot.

Lmao really? I’ve come out late in so many games because I was listening for the 10 second countdown timer while doing something else. When I get in the game, the countdown timer is on 4:00 and lets us out with 2:00 left.

There it is.

This just happened again whle on my monk tank. So what is this, no tanks can join casual bgs anymore to cap flags?

Of course you can, just expect a good bath.

Happened again tonight. Had flag, could not cap it. Dropped it and let a lock pick it up. He couldn’t cap it either. Someone said, 'You just have to hold it for 3 mins." THREE MINUTES? …