Fixing Trueshot

I think the Eagle Talon’s True focus legendary(reduces the Focus cost of all of your abilities by 30%.) should be passively part of Trueshot. If your going to jack up the focus cost of Aimed shot, arcane shot, and multishot then you either need to jack up the focus regen during Trueshot or reduce the cost of abilites. Because, when you have to resort to using steady shot(which is the lowest dps worst feeling ability a MM hunter has, its like casting an auto attack while moving) to gain focus in the middle of a Trueshot feels so horrible. Trueshot is our big CD that allows us to throw out lots of Aimed shots and Rapid fires in a short time and fill in with steady shot just ruins the rotation and wastes the CD. Please fix this Blizz.

5 Likes

Maybe I’m not searching in the correct places but it bothers me that I can’t find more people talking about this.

Trueshot currently feels AWFUL to use. With the change to the Master Marksman talent, you simply cannot use your Precise Shot procs because they are no longer free like they were with the old Master Marksman talent. I do, however, like the new bleed effect as it provides some filler damage during the long cast times of Aimed shot and Steady shot, but there needs to be some way, like Longshot stated, to either increase Focus regen during TS or greatly reduce the Focus cost of Aimed, Arcane, and Multi-shots.

The Eagletalon legendary is simply not enough and it almost forces MM Hunter to use this legendary just to make the spec work.

This issue also affects Covenant choice. It looks like Necro/Death Chakram is the best choice for MM as it has Focus generation built in. Like the legendary, it doesn’t feel like a choice. I feel forced into these options to make my spec work. There are many issues with borrowed power but my biggest concern is when borrowed power makes your class/spec feel complete or fun to play. Blizzard needs to work on classes separate from these systems and make sure they feel good before adding borrowed power. The new power should add to a class/spec not complete it.

Sorry for the long post. I have played Hunter for over 12 years and have always preferred MM over other specs, especially with the introduction of Lone Wolf. Pet AI in this game is terrible and I liked the “sniper” feel of MM over the other specs. Admittedly, I am not a world class raider and my Hunter has taken a back seat to other classes because my guild needed a tank but I was looking forward to playing Hunter again in SL.

1 Like

It was in like 2/3rds or more of the MM-related posts in the beta feedback thread. It’s definitely not something no one is thinking or talking about

2 Likes

Definitely looking in the wrong place. Check the beta Hunter Feedback thread, and there might be some on PTR as well.

Everything you said is 100% accurate.

This is incorrect - the Eagletalon Legendary is almost exactly enough - you have just enough Focus, assuming you Trueshot at 100 Focus, to hit all your Aimed Shots, all your Rapid Fires, and fill all the empty GCDs with Arcane Shots.

Death Chakrams is also effective, but not needed with Eagletalon’s. It does not provide enough focus on it’s own to make the difference, but it gives a surplus if you use it with Eagletalon’s. The shorter cooldown and consistent damage mean it will be a part of your regular rotation, and will make it easier to fit in Focus-negative talents, but most of the Focus-negative talents are pretty bad to begin with - Dead Eye being the exception (it’s great if you can make it work, but exceptionally difficult to do so with the current Focus economy). Ironically, Dead Eye is best paired with Venthyr for Flayed Shot, so you wouldn’t generally use it with the extra Focus from Death Chakrams anyway.

2 Likes

Eagletalon’s True Focus Trueshot also reduces the Focus cost of all of your abilities by 30%.50%.

I’m just saying this should be baseline, not a legendary. It feels pretty bad to skip on Precise shots procs because MM is so focus starved during Trueshot.
And you certainly shouldn’t have to use a legendary for your big DPS cooldown to function properly. Either make Precise shots free or make
focus costs go down during trueshot without us wasting 1 of our legendaries.

Thank you. I didn’t get into the beta so I didn’t even think to look in the beta forums.

I think I worded that poorly. I meant its not enough of a solution. I think my other point about this legendary feeling mandatory still stands.

This is good to hear. I was more interested in Flayed Shot. Appreciate the feed back. I never thought to check the beta forums (I’m dumb) because I didn’t get into beta.

Oh absolutely, it should be baked in and changed to something else (I’ve posted dozens of old set bonuses and legendary effects in the beta thread), or Trueshot should be changed in some other way that makes it not feel required but keeps the Focus benefit relevant (like changing to flat Haste, in which case the Legendary would still feel good because it would mean you don’t need to cast Steady Shot at all).

2 Likes

You have had some really great ideas.

I agree with two of them in particular tho:

Option 1: Make it a haste amp with CDR for Rapid Fire
Option 2: Make precise shots free during the duration of Trueshot

These are fantastic ideas man. Simple, but really good.

You should make another thread promoting one of or both of these, I’m sure a lot of people would agree with at least one of them.

(Also on a personal note, maybe also ask blizz to increase the focus steady shot generates and take Scatter of the same DR as traps)

1 Like

We’ve been pushing them hard in the beta feedback thread for more than a month.

That is hand’s down one of the most common PvP-related asks for MM. It’s been requested dozens upon dozens of times in that beta thread.

1 Like

You’re in almost every forum aren’t ya? lol

No offense, but playing the game is also a good use of your sub! :slight_smile:
(Tho your Dh might be an alt like this Warrior so maybe that explains it)

It very much is an alt, or it became one after BoD (but I basically just quit playing for 8.2 as well). I use it because 1) I really like the headshot for this toon, and 2) because Xaedys is what many peeps around the forum know me as, since that’s the toon I’ve been actively posting on since I made it during the Legion prepatch (though my hunter was common prior to that, and I may swap posting characters come SL, since I’m likely maining my hunter for SL, we’ll see).

Also, popping on the forums is frankly more enjoyable than this dead time pre-expansion.

“popping on the forums”

Lol, ok dude. You do you.

I think they have a word for this now. “Discoomer” I think. I might be wrong tho. I suppose that’s just common now. Spending a lot of time in online forums, though it doesn’t seem like a very pleasant lifestyle.

Instead of trying to take shots at each other why don’t you consider discussing how you would like to see Trueshot fixed like the title suggests no?

MOUNTAINS of feedback on that here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-hunter-class-changes/490705

1 Like

We’ve come up with many possible ways to fix Trueshot, and posted them in the thread the devs actually read (well, in theory). They’ve directly stated they do not read class forums, and while I somewhat down the absoluteness of that claim, it is certainly the case that the thread dedicated to beta feedback is much more likely to get seen by the devs. And that’s precisely where Adreaver and I and so many others have been literally spewing ideas and feedback about Trueshot to the devs.

But frankly, don’t get your hopes up. It took something like 4 months of constant complaining just to get the damage bonus on Hunter’s Mark removed. The devs don’t appear to care quite as much about hunter problems as they do DK or spriest or w/e.

do your rotation properly.

Holy necro batman!

1 Like

That and the amazing insight is astounding.

2 Likes