Fixing Paladins?

Now that blizzard has went past the no changes idea on so many levels. Why not balance some classes out? The latest issue i have is with them “fixing” reckoning with paladins. Since Blizzard is now more concerned with that and not keeping the game the way it was with no changes. Why not give paladins crusader strike? There is now at this time no reason not to give them the ability. Since they are now “fixing” other paladins abilities and not leaving them alone I now cant see a reason not to give them crusader strike.

Do we have any indication that this was an intentional thing?

Intentional fix? Yes see Reckoning after yesterday's patch - #116 and go to the end of it to see the blue post from blizz. They changed the way reckoning works and broke it all at the same time. Now it bugges out and randomly drops reckoning stacks if you aren’t in melee distance or if you are not facing your target instead of saving the stack and their purposeful change makes you drop stacks when you unlock from the target which can also be applied to you to make you lose you reckoning stack if your sheeped blinded feared or sapped. They need to just give us back reckoning the way it worked before. Its one of the things that makes paladins actually good in pvp. With it gone we need something else added. Honestly i just want reckoning back the way it was. They keep saying no changes but im seeing allot of them. One of my favorite things i did back in vanilla is gone now. And to top it off the did this on the BG launch day destroying my dreams of using reckoning like from back then. Which they lied to us and said they wernt changing and they did. Cause technically it says when 5/5 “Gives you a 100% chance to gain an extra attack after being the victim of a critical strike.” Which means when you swing next you should swing 2 times or up to 4 added onto the next swing for 5 total. Instead it resets the swing timer and only lets you swing once. Which isn’t what the ability says it does. So if they touch anything on it they just need to make it do what it says. Which is what the unlocking does. The unlocking makes the ability work like it says in the talent description with the added benefit of the attack coming out instantly. I came back to this game for a vanilla like experience. Well this isn’t like vanilla now. Its just disheartening.

1 Like

They seem to have closed that post, so we can’t quote from it.

And they also closed the post with videos from Vanilla showing how it worked then:

I haven’t tried playing with a build that would use Reckoning; I hope that this does get sorted out eventually, and not just, “Nah, we borked it, because … [thread closed]”

2 Likes

Well this whole issue isn’t because of reckoning. It was from HOJ. Noone was upset about pally reckoning they were upset with the HOJ glitch. You can use the same Macro that fixes reckoning with HOJ causing 3 attacks instead of 2 though. I just want reckoning back and they can fix HOJ i’m fine with that but HOJ and reckoning are the same thing caused by different triggers so them checking out the HOJ and fixing it broke reckoning. They need to just fix Reckoning and make it work like it does when we use the macro. That is the right course of action but i dont know if they will rewrite the scrip to fix it or how long it will take them to fix it if they decide to. Really a good way i could think of to fix it would be to make it stack on the pally him self and when he auto attacks it just dumps all points stored but im not blizz.

Why Reckoning is Wrong

Blue.cardplace

Instant Counterattacks
The first, and by most accounts the intended function of reckoning,
is to provide an instant counterattack to the targeted enemy whenever you get critted.
This can be a spell crit or a melee crit. There are several situations where this will fail,
namely if you are stunned or otherwise cc’d, and if the enemy is out of range.

• Ending a Duel
  • Mounting up (including gryphons)
  • Autoattacking too early (e.g. from out of range)
  • Switching Continents
  • Switching Weapons
  • Losing control of your character (Fear, Scattershot, Blind, Polymorph, Mind Control, etc.)

Reckoning isnt removed when attacking out of range with auto attack

-Sit Stacking-

Reckoning is stackable by sit standing

1 Like

So to clarify, I shouldn’t be spamming /startattack /stopattack for now? How obnoxious. We don’t have that much going for us if we ret or prot lol. I’m just trying to play the game as I did 10 years ago, I’m not sure if I’m playing vanilla wow, or like, some new game? What are we doing? Should I just take it to understand that this is a new game entirely and roll for new metas?