Fix the Guards in Loamm

I cannot sit in WM in the new zone because im repeatedly killed by gankers in THE MAIN CITY “Loamm” due to the guards not working at all.
They cant see stealth (if they can they sure as hell let feral druids and rogues do whatever they want), The health pools and damage they do is way too low for the self healing most classes have, and they attack people who are RUNNING AWAY???
Im trying to get to the guards and the guards attack me instead of the 2 ferals ganking me when im not pushing any abilities???

FIX THE GUARDS! I cant even /afk in the main hut without getting ganked because whoever designs the WM zones is too inept to make the MAIN HUB a neutral zone.

5 Likes

Well…yeah. What makes you think you would be able to?

So either don’t /afk or turn warmode off.

5 Likes

If you’re going to afk… just log off. I don’t see the problem here.

2 Likes

The guards in Loamm don’t work properly; if anyone attacks you and you heal yourself without fighting back or even heal the guards, the guards will become hostile to you.

And then you have to run half-way across the zone to get them to stop (or just die), while they’re spamming roots on you so quickly that you can’t get any distance from them even if you’re a druid

4 Likes

don’t enable pvp if you don’t want pvp to happen

4 Likes

I heal myself all the time while in Loamm and they don’t attack me. You’re right about healing the guards though but that happens everywhere. It happens everywhere because of the guards are already in PvP combat with the guy they’re attacking, and you heal them, you’re technically getting into PvP combat as well, thus making you hostile with them.

1 Like

guards gang up on their target and basically don’t let the target move and play the game, this is very effective way to make people behave

They could tone down the guards a bit, I agree with that.

2 Likes

Sounds like a skill issue

Iskarra is a sanctuary even with WM.

I really dont think it ruins the WM experience if Loamm is given similar treatment.

Or, if its left as-is, the guards should actually be able to do something about it. Theyre complete idiots to begin with, and their damage gets outhealed by earth shield ticks.

1 Like

Apparently this issue also affects the Dragonscale Expedition NPCs in the Researchers Under Fire event which makes it almost unplayable as a healer in war mode

It does ruin the War Mode experience. The problem with sanctuary zones is that people can easily abuse them by sanctuary hugging. There were 3 sanctuary zones in Zereth Mortis and this same problem happened.

Sanctuary hugging is very annoying. It’s when a player hugs the very edge of a sanctuary, steps out to burst someone on the outside, and then take one step back into the sanctuary whenever someone tries to attack them. It’s even worse with classes who have instant teleports like warlock circle/gateway, monk transcendence, etc.

Whenever you have a group of players camping the outside too, if you get a group of players to fight them, they’ll just run right back into the sanctuary when they’re dying.

It’s the same case with a bounty too. If someone’s bountied, they can just sit in the sanctuary and no one can collect it.

Sanctuaries are horrible for War Mode. It was best handled in Legion when they introduced the Underbelly. If you stepped inside the sanctuary, (the guard station in underbelly) you’d be given a debuff for about 10 seconds where players could still attack you. I really wish they introduced this in all sanctuary areas, but they haven’t since Legion.

2 Likes

I won’t disagree with this, but I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve engaged with a sanctuary-hugger, and when it happens I usually just go do something else. If they want to sit around and not play the game, that’s their prerogative.

And I find it considerably more annoying the way that Loamm WM can be abused. Frankly, I’m okay with the idea of being attacked in a neutral town in WM. But I think one of the following should be true if that’s the case:

• Guards should have some discernible intelligence or threat level in how they respond.

• If I choose to defend myself, that shouldn’t also provoke the guards.

there was a time where the inn itself wasn’t. was pretty funny

2 Likes