FIX Scaling please, everything overtuned after prepatch!

This is the issue though. They delayed SL because they had the balance all off which is everythign baked into the pre patch. So… SL is wonky and to help adjust it, they are letting the entire community play test all the class changes in live. My warrior and a couple other toons feel useless in a lot of situations and the class changes do nothing to add any improvement. Essentially, my plate wearers are squishy and my clothies need not apply.

2 Likes

So, I hopped on my mage who I was about leveling mid range (only 40 or so before the patch dropped) and have since gotten up to about 42 (two days, lol). What I found, is there is indeed a nerf somewhere. I was def alot stronger before and could 2-3 shoot trash with arcane missiles. Now, takes 3-5 to take down same mobs right after patch. It is not just damage scaling, if it was that then I would’ve been fine due to blasting down trash before and now it takes longer to do. IDC really that I die abit more or even that I was nerfed, I got many toons I could otherwise work on or otherwise, more that the claims that damage scaling for enemies is the reason for the feeling is just false and indicates something else is the reason.

On the YT, saw some qq’ing about raids taking longer to kill now even for old content. Like, no instant one shot. Maybe we should start playing naked, I think I may test that now. lol

Anyone who owns a couple of twinks can tell you that this just wasn’t a simple level and stat squish. What people aren’t realizing is that on top of the global squish, there’s also scaling which is what this thread is addressing.

He isn’t complaining about being level 50 or that he can’t see huge number values flash his screen anymore, it’s that the scaling is creating massive inconsistencies between certain content and certain NPCs.

As it is on live currently, it is more ideal to bring a handful of low levels to annihilate bosses (of any content) than it is to bring a handful of correctly leveled characters for the same task. Since the content is scaled down for the lower levels, and the content is either scaled up significantly or equally for the higher ones.

This results in some pretty wonky encounters. For example, when a level 45 tank was 5 shot to some BC boss, my level 22 fury warrior tanked the same exact encounter successfully. The boss did damage proportional to my warriors level, which was damn near negligible - while doing even more damage to the player considerably higher than me.

They fuzzed up the math big time, and I promise you this will be changed in some capacity before SL drops.

if you’re set on defending the current scaling, just consider the following image. This is my furry fury warrior:

imgur/a/jNpDku4

All those other players were between 40-45 at the time. I was practically one shotting everything in the instance at level 22, while they could barely poke holes through the same NPCs.

7 Likes

If they would just simplify things and stop worrying about dated content being too easy or too quick then a lot of development time would be saved.

Here is a message to Blizzard:

Stop worrying too much about ‘engagement metrics’ and let people have fun and feel overpowered every now and then!

Random Smashyjoe the aspiring warrior who has a couple of kids and is over-worked just like you are will appreciate time less spent on frustrating dated content and might consider spending time doing pet battles or hunting secret vanity items. These are difficult times all over the world and maybe consider the quality of game time spent much more than the quantity.

Word to the motherpluckin Bird.

1 Like

Your so correct. Blizzard wasting their time fixing systems that no one wanted in SL is way more important.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-development-update-october/666214

SMH :sweat_drops: :sweat_drops:

1 Like

Blizzard apologists and shills will come in here and insist it’s cause corruption is gone. When that is proven wrong they pivot and say it’s cause you’re not max level as if you have to be max level for some reason to get back to nearly how strong you were before this patch.

5 Likes

It’s got nothing to do with corruptions.

My pally was 440. Not great, but he was certainly not undergeared. He only had one corrupted item, just enough to get him the root thing.

He is getting destroyed on islands. Absolutely destroyed. Now I like islands, so I do them all the time. I could solo a heroic island before this. He just died twice on a normal. I’m only pulling one pack at a time, and I’m using word of glory as part of my rotation, have selfless healer, and still died twice. TWICE. On a NORMAL island.

My mage is heroic geared. 462 I think? Had only 20 corruption, heroic Ny’alotha, mythic10, whatever geared. She couldn’t do islands either.

I’ve heard that certain dungeon bosses are practically unbeatable. Sha in Temple of the Jade Serpent is the one I’ve seen thrown around the most.

1 Like

Ngl, if I was a dev, I’d be heckin surprised at all the issues coming out of islands.

As in, who the heck is playing them, I thought they were considered garbage content.

My main is a pally as well, and I feel your pain! AoE target cap is really hurting the Moving Divine Storm of DEATH that we were since MoP. I am not behind heavily nerfing melee AoE cleave so ranged players can shine more but at least that’s documented and you can argue with he numbers in an empirical manner. But the whole voodoo scaling thing is purely server side and has many unknown variables.

From what you are saying it’s not only that you are not pushing out a lot of damage but also mobs are way overtuned on steroids. This has nothing to do with corruptions or cleave nerfs.

2 Likes

Consecration is ticking for 40-60. My finishers hit for 400-1.6k.

Don’t even know what these numbers mean anymore :sweat_smile: could be that you’re doing fine damage compared to mobs or could be your item level making you feel like a naked gnome with rez sickness.

1 Like

As a Fresh returning player who quit in 8.1, now with a 50 DH with literally nothing from BFA for player power heart of azeroth (is that still a thing?) and I literally cant get through the T’partoss doubt boss scenario to get Light forged because he has like 10x my health and one shots me.

1 Like

people who say “deal with it” or “its because you’re weaker now” are missing the point
i shouldnt have to struggle to do old mog runs in 3yr+ old content because my numbers were cut

1 Like

I noticed tag as well whike leveling a rogue. Regular questing is tougher. I was actually enjoying the feel of danger and added challenge.

I don’t know what it is, so I was in darkshore, trying to do rare mob quest, no one nothing in group finder. I engaged some water elemental rare.

1+m hp took me like 5 minute to solo. Not sure if I’m just playing my class wrong now lol.

Well, looks like you’ve got it figured out.

Ion told us that if we noticed a difference, it was because of the loss of corruptions. I immediately was suspicious that a lot of things were going to be made harder, and he was not telling the truth. But since I don’t do current content anymore, sorry, can’t test this myself.

1 Like

My alts have found that Nighthold on heroic isn’t the cakewalk it used to be.

My poor healer monk simply cannot solo one of the bosses there. (She was decked out in 445 gear, not sure the ilevel now 116?)

:cake:

#boxingischeating
#endmultiboxing

Reminds me of the MC anniversary event. Queue up. Get into the raid. Going along and entire raid gets cursed. There’s 3 of us that can remove it… we spent most of that fight decursing on CD to keep the healers/tanks clear.

My druid (no cloak, low neck, no corruption, 2 azerite items) could solo Dunegorger Kraulok without major CDs before I quit… came back recently and played a bit (cloak, bit higher neck, same azerites items, about 15% item level increase) and am getting creamed on rare elites using everything I have.

Not looking forward to trying to finish pathfinder 1/2 and the new zones.