Fix Mythic Hellfire Assault please

So, aparently my mage at the end of Legion was able to solo Mythic HA on HFC. But doing it now, at lvl 120 seems impossible. The cannons get their HP down so fast and we can’t solo it because the spawn rates of the turrets and mobs are insanely high for a one person job.
Can we get a fix to this, since WoD content is now irrelevant (past 2 xpac)?
A good solution would be like a decrease to the adds damage and/or an increase to the cannons hp.

Thanks

2 Likes

Agreed. I wasn’t able to solo it in Legion either, probably due to being stubborn about staying melee.

Although I’d personally have cannon damage scale with the level of the highest-level player in the group: For every level past 100 the highest-level player is, have the cannon do 5% more damage, or something to that effect. This would not only make the fight much more doable, but make it a bit faster in the process. Adding health to the cannons using this formula wouldn’t hurt either.

2 Likes

It’s not impossible to solo. Once you learn it you should be able to do it pretty consistently. It’s really fun to learn how to solo it too. There are guides on youtube you should be able to find that are for level 120.

As for general tips:

• ammo gives you a massive movement speed buff. If you don’t have ammo waiting on the ground yet yet, wait a second to dunk so you can get ammo again right away
  • flamebelchers and transports are a very minor threat. You should prioritize just about everything else above them; this gives you a lot more time than you may have otherwise.
  • in general keep feeding ammo to cannons; make sure they both have ammo because they take time to unload it.
  • you should expect by the end that you’ve hit a soft enrage and it’s just a matter of letting cannons empty their existing ammo
  • should go without saying, but you probably need to respec a bit for it to get extra movement speed, aoe, whatever you need
2 Likes

Yea, this is dumb and should be fixed.

I like how the DH talks about how it’s possible. Yes it is, for you and noone else.

Back in legion you could use the food that gave you a speed boost if you killed something to manage to keep up, but now they nerfed that and it isn’t possible for any class that’s not a DH, “or possibly a monk.”

Halfway thru you get a stretch of zero robots as the humanoids spawn on both sides. That means no ammo buff for a full minute while you’re defending both sides.

3 Likes

soloable on warlocks too. i do it most weeks.

and while bear tartare is nerfed, it still works and provides a boost to speed. i don’t need it anymore but when i still struggled with it i used it.

Go affliction and take siphon life and burning rush. Keep burning rush on whenever you don’t have ammo and just spam SL on mobs. Its pretty easy for locks as well.

i keep burning rush on the majority of the time. one tick of drain life will take you back to full hp. never thought about using siphon life, might be even more efficient, but either works. Of course drop demonic circle and your portal across the middle for emergencies. save phantom singularity for groups that reach a cannon.

the first ~13 ammo’s are easy. the last 5-6 after the little lull in the action are the hard part. just pay attention to what is spawning where and you’ll get the hang of when to switch sides. i died needing like 2 more ammo’s quite a lot, though.

That’s my level 100 alt from the end of wod, I’m not sure why it went to that character. Earlier today it picked my level 29 nightborn warlock that I haven’t played in months out of nowhere?

Anyway, I did mythic HFA on my hunter at 120. I’m not sure what the problem is with me giving tips on how to do it at 120. It’s possible on many classes, including DK. You can be in denial and look for sympathy or put in some time to re-learn it. There are guides on youtube. It takes some effort. Probably took me over 20 tries to get it on my hunter before I could do it consistently.

Certainly I could put more effort into it to solo. My best attempt was 10% I think in some night this week. Used all the speed gear I had, plus bear tartare and arcane spec for displacement and speed buff after arcane barrage.

But still I don’t agree that I have to try way harder than I did it in Legion with 960-ish gear and lvl 110 compared to now with 380 and lvl 120.

I mean, after 10+ attempts I had to give up. I just think that my time are more valuable to me than bashing my head on a wall for a single fight to farm transmog/mount that was easier in the expansion before the current one. This kind of effort is understandable if I was running any Legion’s raids, but not WoD’s.

I appreciate all your comments on this thread, but I think that WoD content should be on a difficulty lvl as normal to easy to solo for all classes on 120 regardless of ilvl. And the first fight of HFC should be much more doable than it is now.

P.S: Sorry if I missed on grammar in any part of this, I’m not american.