FIX MMR its killing PVP

Everyone would quit

I feel like activity levels would be higher until people realize the broken stuff. You know, like, the team with the bear beats the team without the bear and other fun things.

Yeah! Also my god why do RBGs when you can just raid? The objectives in raiding are better.

Why raid when you can do the superior form of pve (keystone dungeons)? :dracthyr_love_animated:

I like both, but raiding is more epic. Unfortunately I don’t have the time to organize my schedule around raiding :/. Pugs are fun though.

Continuing the discussion from Season 2 MMR Issues:

did the intern forgot to press the MMR button for this week? i dont see any difference compared to the weeks before

Well I will say I’m getting positive points above 2200 now on a 4-6 and not suffering a mmr decrease even if i lose twice to a healer -50 mmr below me. That’s def different than last week.

2 Likes

Glad to see some immediate improvements even tho they said it will come gradually over the course of the week.

hows the games feelin bros?

i just wanna stomp 1600 lobbies with ease.

tired of the enemy r shammy grounding kicking and losing all my cc attempts at 1650 srs

bring on the backpedaling noobs at 1800 like the good old days

2 Likes

“* This increase will be gradual throughout the course of the week”

so they gonna add like 5 MMR every day?

nice bros

It’s normally +20 a week.

I’d ASSUME they might be adding maybe like +10 a day for 7 days or something for +70ish for the week and then going back to +20 a week for next resets.

1 Like

This is like a mini-season.

It’s better to play near the end of the week than at the beginning.

damn those r some big changes.

no doubt giving the people what they want

Getting +70 free MMR in 1 week is bigger than you might think.

Also, it’s just something I’m assuming, it could be more or less.

“Remember guys, the best way to play is to not play at all until the very end!”

Inflation is such a hilariously bad way to handle mmr.

2 Likes

THEY LITERALY KILLED PVP becasue Twitch streamres,jaded rank ones,AWC players whined someone had bigger rating in Solo than they do in their scripted 3s.

GG DUDES.

And with WoD gearing no wonder game is dead.

Shadowlands season 4 had more players.

3 Likes

just lost mmr as a healer for going 3-3, so i don’t think it’s just applied automatically as of today

1 Like

My life for decay instead. There may be different ideas of what percentile should get which rewards, but there shouldn’t be any argument over there being as consistent of a link as possible between rating and percentile. If you end somewhere last season you should be around that same area fairly quickly into the next. If you make a new character you should be able to have a good idea of how good you are on that character relative to your other characters based on the rating you achieve with them, regardless of when you make them and start climbing.

3 Likes

Yeah decaying the very top of the ladder makes so much more sense than inflation does, to the point where I just don’t remotely understand what their thought process is.

I think their excuse is some out of touch reasoning about “progressing over a season, and seeing number gradually go up feels good” but in practice instead of feeling like progression it feels like you’re trapped for the entire season.