Fix legacy raiding for real this time

9.2 is the time to actually fix Legion raiding the way it should be. The content is 5 years old now. I should be able to one shot the legion raid bosses with my eyes closed. Your last attempt to fix the raids was pathetic. #endrant

2 Likes

it’s just annoying at this point. Why fix mechanics to be soloable and leave it where you need a 1400 ilvl to solo it if you’re not a tank? So many issues with Legiion, the stupidly long load screens,if you die in Nighthold it often dc’s you, sometimes the flight whistle dc’s you, the bosses are way overtuned for our level when everything else in Legion dies if you look at it. How did they create so many bugs in one of the best expansions when it wasn’t like that when it was current content? I don’t even wanna try the mage tower, I’m sure they screwed the pooch on it too.

2 Likes

have you considered they don’t want to have every fresh max level afk solo them?

2 Likes

I can solo mythic Argus as fury.

The only annoying fight now is Mythic Kil’jaeden but that is more on executing the 2nd intermission correctly. Since the orbs always go off in the same rotation in that intermission.

By this logic I should be able to 1 shot wrath bosses but the Lich King still requires a few more hits to get him down to 10% hp to win the encounter.

1 Like

You mean like how folks did it before for years?

yes - bad for economy.

I think design philosophy just changed with the launch of SL and it was delivered in the form of the level squish. 8.3 was arguably the strongest that players have ever been, and probably ever will be if this is how Blizzard’s gonna move forward. Players were soloing BfA launch content in 8.3 so at that point there wasn’t even an expansion gap anymore. The squish came with SL and SL’s power progression seems to me to be doing nothing but regaining the power lost between corruption’s removal and the process of leveling from 50 to 60.

My level 50 priest still seems to kill stuff faster than the occasional level 60s I see coming back to BfA zones. Is that only in my head or is there really not that much of a power increase going from 50 to 60? Have characters even made it back to 8.3 levels yet?

one shot has more than one meaning in this game. It can also mean do the raid in one try, no deaths. And being this old, we should be able to do that in Legion raids.

one-shot does not mean ‘no deaths’.

See, that’s what players got used to as power increased more and more relative to the content that came before it. Prior to Legion and even a lot of BfA, it looked a lot more like it does now than it did in 8.3. I remember having to duo ICC for Invincible back in MoP because it was just too hard for me to solo. That was a two-expansion gap. Fast forward to BfA and in 8.3 you had people soloing parts of Uldir, which was the first raid from the same expansion. The gap got so small between current content and what was considered soloable that it almost completely disappeared. Apparently Blizzard noticed this and decided they wanted to bring a more pronounced gap back. Just gonna have to live with it and expect it to be this way going forward. Next expansion we’ll switching to talking about BfA instead of Legion.

“oneshot” has been used to refer to killing a boss on the first pull/first attempt since at least 2005. It might even pre-date WoW. If you’re solo, of course that logically means without a death since you typically don’t die and then go on to kill the boss.

It’s also often used to refer to a combo of attacks/abilities that kill something in a short period of time (e.g. <4-5 seconds), or chain-CC, even if that’s not strictly in one hit, or instant, across both WoW and various other games for about as long.

1 Like

i was talking about meaning. you’re talking about implications.

my statement stands.

Other people are using its meaning just fine.

“Shot” is synonymous with “try” or “attempt”, and there’s several examples of that type of phrasing, e.g. “I’ll give it a shot”, “shooting your shot”. Ergo “one shot” = “one try”/“one attempt”, which again if you’re soloing obviously means you won’t be dying.

1 Like

I agree its ridiculous. Why is this not soloable at this point

Sounds more like you just dont want people to be abnle to di tit for whatever reason

It is soloable at this point, so…

1 Like

No it isnt

The only boss that isn’t easily soloable is Mythic Eonar, and even that can be done on certain classes if the player knows how.

If you are struggling to solo any other Legion boss the problem is you. I’ve been soloing every Legion raid (with the exception of M Eonar) on a variety of characters, with varying gear, for months.