Fix crit please

My crit in pve spec is 65% backstab, I only crit 57% of the time in raid today with backstab.

please fix crit blizzard

1 Like

You don’t have 35% crit unbuffed.

do you know how % work?

2 Likes

i surpass 35% with both pve and pvp spec with backstab spec in both pve and pvp. So yes, my backstab should be critting 65% of the time while in pve spec. It only crit 57% during raid.

Ill show you what i mean since you are probably sword spec and know nothing of the upper class rogues.

Dagger spec +5% crit
Improved Backstab 30% crit
Malice 5% crit
That is, by talents alone, unbuffed and no gear, 40% crit with backstab.

Here is the reference sweety

https://classicdb.ch/?talent#f0xf0xZGcVbbEz0boV

I’m 2 items away from full bis dagger spec. You don’t have 35% crit unbuffed.

for backstab, yes i have more than 35% crit unbuffed. Talents alone is 40% crit for backstab. Maybe explain to me why you believe what you are saying? Right now you are just repeating yourself, thus i can only explain so much over and over.

Yellows cant glance right?
Backstab talents is 40% crit alone
Im at the proper hit%

To have 35% unbuffed crit with backstab you would need 5% crit total, so that’s clearly not what you’re referring to. I have 32.6% crit unbuffed with whites and 62.6 with bs, and that will only go up about 2% once in in full bis, so unless you can show me a screenshot of your unbuffed crit there’s no way you have 35% unbuffed. The 5% from malice and the 5% from dagger spec are taken into account when you check your spellbook crit, I can only assume you didn’t know that and are adding 5% to your actual crit chance.

Also mobs 3 levels higher than you cause a 4-5% crit penalty depending on how many buffs you have. There’s a flat 3% penalty against a mob 3 levels higher than you and they also reduce a portion of the crit you receive through buffs as well.

im talking specifically about backstab only. 65% with backstab. no i do not have 35% crit for whites. I am only talking about backstab.

To have 65% unbuffed with backstab that would mean you have 35% crit unbuffed. How are you not getting this? You only get 30% bonus crit chance from talents. Where do you think this other 5% is coming from?

do you think backstab only gets crit from improved backstab? Malice and dagger spec don’t apply to backstab? what about your gear? does the crit from that not apply to your backstab?

In totally, with all talents and gear , 65%.

This point im just going to ignore you, i am sorry but i feel as though we are talking two different languages

Dude, Jesus christ. Of course malice and dagger spec apply. Malice and dagger spec increase the crit chance of all your attacks. So your backstab crit chance is your spellbook crit chance +30.

How is this hard for you to grasp?

Imagine making a bug thread about crit chance when you can’t do simple addition.

2 Likes

redid the math. i have 61% crit. unbuffed. ehh but pots are what? 3 crit??

mongoose 25 agi and 2 crit
does that 25 agi become 0.86 crit? well cut that out

mongoose = 2 crit
319 agi = 11 crit
crit from gear = 10, 21 in total counting agi
crit from talents 40

63% crit for backstab. Of I was off by 2%. But again that’s the math. Logs say i crit 57% of my backstabs.

Thought the 30% backstab talent was just a percentage increase? As in, if you had 30% crit, that talent would give you 9 more on your backstabs. Not another 30?

You do realise that just because you are meant to have a set % to crit with attacks it doesn’t mean its guaranteed you will get that exact number?
You may have 65% chance to crit but you may get a lucky streak that may boost your crit totals past that number or you may get extremely unlucky and get way below it.
I have instances where my aimed/multi will crit 40+ % in an encounter and other times where I will literally get 0 crit-its not broken its a chance game.

You lose 3% crit from hitting a boss (crit supression - look it up) - 60%
Crit is an average over all attacks - including dodge/block/parry/miss
A mob wont block/parry attacks from behind.
Assuming your hit capped.
How many of your backstabs in that raid were dodges. Enough to account for 3%?

1 Like

This is not a bug.

4 Likes