FIVE minute potion CD in shadowlands? Wut?

well team…looks like when I heal I’ll be packing mana bunz instead.
Hope you dont mind me flopping my panda rump down in the middle of the floor from time to time to eat while you race ahead LOL.

you clearly dont heal much, if at all, lol
‘burning’ thru my mana is a result of BAD DPS players 90% of the time thinking they should be pulling for the tank.

5 Likes

Not once did he answer your question, and you asked multiple times.

2 Likes

It will punish them in a sense that they will die. But that already happens- people die due to mechanics / overstacking corruption, they just blame the healer. I don’t see that changing.

We really need mechanics that more directly punish dps players- like, say, reducing their damage output when they fail a mechanic. This way it still hurts the group but it’s a direct affect on the person failing.

3 Likes

My point that you quoted was, after a few weeks of healers letting them die or being forced to watch them die because OOM the DPS will learn to adjust. I don’t heal much you are correct I only tank and DPS. I normally make sure my healer has at least 40% mana before pulling on my tank and if they are drinking i can normally let them sit a few seconds and tank with no heals. That said I run 15-17s and I normally play with competent DPS. So sure if this breaks the 19+ meta I wouldn’t know.

TL:DR Bads will learn to adjust or you should not run with them.

I know. I wasn’t trying to trap him or anything. Just wanted to hear where he was coming from.

5 Likes

…But the dps dying is literally the most punishing thing that could happen to them. If you let your dps convince the group it was the healer’s fault when DPS stand in bad or misplay that’s a personal problem. When DPS start blaming the healer for their mistakes I either call them on it and keep going or call em bad and quit.

2 Likes

Im sorry but Im going to disagree.
I DO let them die…lots of healers do. And they continue doing it even in the same run.
These same players come in HERE all the time bragging about how they pull for the tank and cause chaos in group content.
I dont see them changing their behavior…I see tons of vote kicks and lots more attitude.

5 Likes

Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha

Thanks for that laugh.

7 Likes

Only problem I see if the raid group or mythic do rush runs the timing would be off ,pull the boss prepot before down him in 3 minutes rush to kill mobs could be 8 minutes to clear the way if you use any pots during the time you’ll wouldn’t be able to prepot again.

2 Likes

Exactly.
Ive watched them do it…die…do it again…die again…half a dozen times in the same run.
There was one run in legion where I was tanking that I had to say screw it and solo the run myself because the DPS kept dying trying to run off in every direction instead of following me thru the fast lane to get it done.

Players who are like this dont change…they blame everyone else for the results their own behavior causes. Then they come in here and tell us how great they are and how healers cant manage their mana having absolutely zero clue how the math works in this game :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I agree for informed players it’s the most punishing. If you’re running with guildies and friends, that’s not a problem.

In pugs it is though. And I think it’s good to promote both coordinated play and pick up play. Healers get kicked, or yelled at, for “being bad” when it’s really people not doing mechanics properly. ( sure sometimes it is in fact, a bad healer).

1 Like

I mean, I like the change well enough. Doesn’t bother me.

Look man if you pay attention to bads in the forums, if you don’t leave groups to avoid wasting your time, if you solely pug your keys. Those are all your choice and I support you making those choices. But as for me? I ain’t wiping 6 times to the same stuff because some DPS just left his 8th 15 carry and wants to try and earn one.

1 Like

Randoms are all I run. its nightmare enough in there half the time trying to heal the clowns without being hamstrung with a longer mana potion CD.
Im hoping something isnt like it sounds, but the blues response sure says its exactly like it does sound.

I mean, theres always the vote kick when they behave like that, but you know how randoms groups are, lol…and god help you if its the tank you need to kick…that could be a 40 minute wait to replace.

2 Likes

What content are you doing where you’re using so many mana pots as a healer? Generally I only ever use them during progression raiding, I can’t remember the last time I’ve needed one in a M+ doing 15-18+ keys.

So I’m just curious what dungeon content you’re doing thats requiring so many mana pots and causing you so much distress over this change.

2 Likes

random dungeons…as previously stated…and BECAUSE of bad DPS players pulling everything in sight.

Random normal/heroic dungeons?

pretty much.
it’ll work out ok. I’ll just take mana bunz and sit down and eat if I need to and they’ll either deal with it or kick. Im good with either.

Well it will be one more reason for me to shift alchemy to an alt and not my main. I can just make cauldrons on an alt and mail them to my main for raiding, as they are account bound. Now that I think about it, I am not even sure why I have keep it on my main thru BFA.

What class are you playing? Have you considered talent changes?
Or
https://www.wowhead.com/item=126936/sugar-crusted-fish-feast ?

sometimes its not always just the other players causing the issues, have you tried looking into other ways of controlling your mana consumption?

1 Like