Fish Botter

First of all, my apologies if I have posted in the wrong section (my first time as I’m quite determined to settle this up ASAP.

How can we crack down on Fish botters?

I’ve noticed a single person online for 24-48 hours just chilling in the barrens fishing for deviate fish. My suspicions were further clarified when I noticed this specific person had posted 400 deviate fish on the auction house later that evening.

This is annoying for me as it takes me like an hour to farm deviate fish to make some gold and this guy here is just cheating.

Please report.

_Moderator note: Please do not call out people on the forums. If you think someone is cheating you will want to use the ingame reporting system to report it. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/2648_

1 Like

You are not allowed to call out players in forum. Please remove that.

In fact, the forums are not used for any kind of reporting, other than the Bug Reports forums for reporting observed software bugs to QA (to be triaged and forwarded to the devs).

Instead, if you see a character you believe is cheating in any fashion (and botting qualifies as cheating), target them to get their unit frame up and right-click their unit frame (their portrait etc.) to get a menu. On the menu is “Report…” with a submenu that includes “Cheating”. Select that option and they’re reported.

Don’t expect to see them be instantly be banned, or a GM to come over and smite them, or lightning from the sky. In fact, don’t expect to learn anything about what happens at all after your report. Privacy laws and Blizzard policy guarantees that you have no right to that information.

My apologies, I was not aware of that.
Thank you for your reply!