First rogue in years

Haven’t played a rogue since BC. What should i expect from the different specs? What is best for what? What has changed that I should pay special attention too?

I’m looking to focus on PvP and farming.

It’s not even the same game since TBC–in fact, it’s so different that “I haven’t played rogue since TBC” and “I haven’t played rogue” are effectively the same question.

With regard to what to expect regarding PvP–I could not answer you.

Hey hi hello. Currently Assassination is the best spec for pvp. Though with the right azerite traits Sub can be fun to play in bgs, but that’s about it.

Outlaw (Combat) and Assassination are the two specs that are viable for the more serious, competitive pvp aspect of the game. In 8.1 Assassination and Sub are taking some nerfs. Assassination’s nerf is more of a “skill check” at the end of the day in my opinion, but Outlaw will most likely be the more “safe” reliable spec for rogue 8.1 pvp.

Enjoy dot management and spread damage? Go Mut.

Enjoy big crits, cool animations, sweet audibles, the ability to use swords (jealous), and RNG? Go Outlaw (Combat)

2 Likes

Yep my only complaint with outlaw is sometimes you have to reroll 4 or 5 times to get a decent roll and by then you’re playing catch up with the other fps. But I’m still outlaw.

Questing Outlaw is the way to go, you can solo extremely well in this spec.

Thanks for the replies. Outlaw seems to be the answer for me. Thank you guys and gals.

I came from a similar situation as you. I hadn’t played rogue seriously since BC (gladiator/vanquisher during first arena seasons). I did play it a little in LK but my rogue was an alt.

I came back at the very tail end of legion and boy was it different. I had to relearn the class all together.

What I’ve found is that for leveling, outlaw is far superior. You have more tools in your kit, more healing available (with crimson vial/warmode on) and better aoe for pulling multiple mobs. it’s also better for early heroic/mythic dungeons.

Once you are raiding Assass and sub really come into play - though outlaw still does pretty well. Assass is pretty dependent on haste to do well, and sub is more fight dependant rather than stat dependant.

I’d say for raiding, Sin > Outlaw > Sub (but both outlaw and sub pulls ahead on specific fights)

Very fun spec. Mut is what I enjoy, personally. I highly recommend getting WAs to track your rolls so you know when you have a good one, and it also helps maintain them better.

1 Like

Hate to sound nooby, but whats WAs?

Weak auras. It’s an addon.

1 Like

you look like me

1 Like

Well I wanna say again thank you for the advice. I have been really enjoying the class again, even though a lot has changed. In PvP though I feel a bit weak, but that’s just inexperience and rust lol. Outdoors, I enjoy slicing things up and watnot. :+1:

Gotta agree here, I’ve played 4 other classes at 120 so far and this outlaw here hooked me within the first 10 minutes. I know I should give it more time but damn this class is cool!

1 Like

Did it grapple you?

2 Likes