First Legendary for Disc

I do both Raiding & Mythic+ equally so I’m torn which legendary I should get :frowning:

Clarity of Mind, The Penitent One or Twins of the Sun Priestess

Personally I recommend The Penitent One for anyone starting out. Probably also best for Torghast. It is good all round legendary.

The other two are better but for their respective areas (clarity of mind for raid and twins for organized groups of M+). I wouldn’t bother with these until you are ready for higher content. I would also recommend skipping the 190 level and try to go for at least 210 or higher when you finally make these.

Don’t do this. If you like raiding AT ALL, just get CoM and max it. It’s also fine for M+. Penitent is very bad for raiding, and so is Twins, and you can join a group for Torghast.

However: Twins or Penitent for PVP.

CoM ONLY if you want to raid at all.

i totally agree. the TPO is easier to get and if you are a “solo” casual player doing low mythics and some PvP is great. yes if you are ready for higher level gaming you will get the other two at some point during your progress

Clarity for 2-3 arena

pentient for starting raids and ur not loving spirit shell. and for BGS. ( radiance insta cast pvp talent needed )

twins IF you have good communication and set up with some of your raids dps.

Penitent for PvP is quite bad.
For pvp you mostly go Twins, Crystalline reflection or Vault of heavens. Of course Sephuz is another strong one.

1 Like

Do NOT waste your Soul Ash on The Penitent One, it’s not a good legendary at all imo. I would craft Clarity of Mind first because it’s mandatory for raiding and then craft Twins for m+.

1 Like

What this guy said is my experience. Rading CoM is a must or you’ll find yourself behind the other classes as non-spirit shell builds just dont cut it. TPO is definitely the funnest legendary by far which is the first legendary I crafted. Twins is definitely pulling ahead for Mythic plus but its pretty boring in a sense but its extremely consistent and you’ll see high numbers for yourself especially at beginning of boss fights when you click it on your top DPS.

Sephuz > Reflect > Penitent
except
Sephuz and Reflect are terrible outside of 2s/3s.

CoM Raid/M+ and nothing else, it’s basically mandatory to raid and “okay” in M+. Penitent if you want to play Evangelism but don’t do it. It’s “okay”, but Shell is just better because damage prevented > damage healed.

Penitent is great for M+ too.

also BiS for RBG

Penitent is pretty much garbage for m+ compared to twins. Its been said around here the total healing you get from that leggo through a dungeon is basically like a couple shadowmends. Any ability to save someone through a buffed penance isn’t close to extra mends you can get on someone quicker with PI. Compared to a huge haste buff every other pull its actually useless. Does seem fun. For m+ you want consistency, stuff you can count on, why the glad trink is BiS. Its way too rng to be useful.

Please elaborate how penitent is BiS for RBGs, because I see almost none of the good priests in RBGs running it.

Shell is currently better than evangelism because it doesn’t overheal as much. The damage prevented thing isn’t really important unless the window between damage patterns is so short that your heal team is having problems topping people before the next mechanic (which it generally isnt).

And CoM is still bis for evangelism. It gives you a second ramp between your evangelism ramps. Honestly I have a feeling that CoM is a more significant increase for evangelism build than it is for SS build but I’m not sure.

What those above said: CoM is THE legendary for raiding. (I’m not sure what I’ll run when we have 2 at the same time).

Personally I use Penitent for Mythics and RBG - but it changes my play style a bit as I end up often using it on players rather than as a source of atonement healing. It’s good for topping up people quickly.

1 Like

i had the same prob, couldnt decide. since i mainly do bgs, i went with penitent one an im staight loving it. wasnt too happy with my priest till i got that, then did rbgs went 6-3 with randoms:D
most fun ive had in shadowlands so far

2 Likes

Look at it this way. If you a casual player who doesn’t raid, abs wants to run a mythic+ now abs again; what is the best legendary? TPO and it isn’t even close.

Not everyone plays this game to run end game content.

I’ve only used the penitent one so far for mythic plus , I love it . Great for damage and healing and you can buff it a a little through your soul binds

This is not at all what the OP asked lol

Plenty of top M+ discs run penitent for pushes. Even CoM is capable of making the leaderboards in 20+ runs.

Could you link some? just curious to see how they do it. It is a cool legendary for sure. You can make whatever work when you’re that good but its a matter of whats giving you more potential.

The highest key done with Penitent is a +22, but they took 2 hours to clear.

The highest key done with Twins is a +24 in 30 minutes.

If we’re really looking at M+ statistics, from +19 keys and up, 84% of Discs are using Twins, and 9% are using TPO.

1 Like