Firefighter RP

I’ve always been curious as too why more people aren’t rping this. Looking around atleast on Moon Guard, you have a ton of Military personnel, Guards, and even Healers/Medics in open world. Given the constant chaos of Stormwind, between the bombs, riots, and random acts of violence. There is to my knowledge no Firefighter RPers. Just curious as to some of your thoughts on the idea, let your souls out bois.

Firefighters aren’t adventurers. You’re basically talking about a character whose job is to sit around Stormwind or Orgrimmar and wait for a building to start burning.

That’s kind of a bit lacking compared to being an explorer, mercenary, or other occupation that justifies the globetrotting and the wide variety of activities that we do.

1 Like

Seems like it could be handled magically relatively easy. Especially by Shamans.

Upon taking some time to consider it, I think this idea would work best with a group of likeminded folk; going through different scenarios and the like and exploring different solutions for different kinds of fires, both magical and mundane.

Apart from being a niche concept, I wonder about it’s longevity. There is arguably a good amount of potential in the concept of fantasy firefighters, but I personally feel the spark is likely to dim faster than various other concepts.

If nothing else a narrative, or series of narratives, about such an occupation in such a setting could be fairly interesting; so if rping the concept doesn’t work out it’s still good material for fan fiction.

as a firefighter this annoyed the hell out of me, but thats what the average folk thinks about firefighters so it cant be helped

3 Likes

This could be an awesome concept. Training, chain of command, burn towers, brush fire training, incident command, accountability, RIT, dragon slayer, ice water rescue, saving lives, yehp no adventure there. If anyone starts that RP let me know. Just glad I got to do it in real life.

You say that without demonstrating that I"m wrong. Firefighters aren’t adventurers any more than cops are.

Im not arguing or gonna lecture someone who has no idea what they’re talking about im just gonna tell you that your statement of “Firefighters aren’t adventurers. You’re basically talking about a character whose job is to sit around Stormwind or Orgrimmar and wait for a building to start burning” is far from the truth and thats where ill leave it.