Fire on 4/5 mask Alleria

Hey all,

For those of you who have accomplished 4/5 mask Alleria as fire, what tactics did you find most helpful? I can just barely manage her on 4 masks, mainly because my damage output withers away after combustion + lucid are done, which then makes the fight take ages which increases the chances of screwing up with the eyes, bombs, etc. For context, I can get to Alleria with a full orb + rescue worth of sanity left on 4 masks.

Haven’t tried Thrall on 4/5 masks yet but based on my experience with him on 3 masks he’s probably more manageable (mainly because the boars die easily).

As long as you have high cloak rank the damage output isn’t so important on Alleria as is avoiding her mechanics. Your initial burst should probably take a good chunk of her health away and then you can just slowly chip away at the rest throughout. It’s super annoying for sure lol, but just be patient and you should down her as long as your sanity doesn’t get hit by too much.

3 Likes

When you go to hide behind a pillar, face away from her. The eyes will fly over to zap you so then when you come out from behind the pillar, your back will be facing the eyeballs that drain your sanity. Also just youtube Alleria Fire Mage 5 mask walkthru.

1 Like

Your ilvl is a bit low for 4/5 masks. But Shaw is worse than Alleria, so if you get past him you can do it with just more practice!

2 Likes

Make sure that the order you go in allows for TW on Shaw (meaning he is the second Area you go to) and Alleria (meaning she is the last).

Honestly, when it comes to both Shaw and Alleria it is more of a jog rather than a sprint. Make sure you get as big of an ignite on her as possible and then make sure you are using RoP and Meteor optimally. Scorching <30% Health and Scorching when needing to move.

2 Likes

This is great advice. TW on shaw, then do the other 2 zones and by the time you get to Alleria, TW should by ready again.

In org, I do Rexxar first and lust on him. And then have it available for Thrall.

2 Likes

Same lol. Also I love how Fire just deletes Rex and Thrall’s pigs. Makes Org so easy. I roll Arcane primarily for both SW and Org, but for Rex, Thrall, and Alleria I go Fire.

Also, it might be worth mentioning OP, try to get the two buffs (one comes from Cathedral Zone—either in the shop to the right of the South entrance or the shop to the right of the house with the Ethereal. The second from either the Dwarven District—shop filled with mines inside—or the Trade District—the back of the bank). These could help push damage some.

between the eyes, and that AoE fear, shaw really F’n sucks this week

If I were you, I’d probably just run 3 masks to get 460 in majority of your slots.
Then get appropriate trinkets. While doing that, you’ll probably build up your echoes, so buy masterful the next time it comes around.

Aggro a rat close to the entrance with spell steal or something to trigger that buff and just burst on Alleria.
Fire mages strength is our burst. Outside it, we’re kinda meh.
So if I were you, I’d gear up more.

at 4 mask she melts so fast that she might get her first set of chains off, but the ignite dot finishes her off during it for me. on 5, after that chains its just scorch execute weave time which means 100% mobility so the fight is effectively over. the same goes for thrall USUALLY, unless the little sob decides to pull something like throwing hopelessness at you and happening to knock your orb out of the combat arena. had that happen once and i then had to restart without my cds ( i could have waited but meh) and barely beat him, was rather stupid.

As a note, if you’re getting to her with a full orb left, you can set it up in the room with her and start the fight from safety of the orb. Ten seconds of not losing sanity and starting at full for the rest of it gives you more breathing room.

1 Like