Fire mage 4 piece lol

Fire mage 4 piece giving fireblast and phoenix 10% more crit chance…lol

1 Like

The design for that is so senseless.

Can we please hear from whoever is designing the mage class to come out with a statement on what these decisions are meant for?

We need someone to say something, because this is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Right? lol. We get a 10% damage increase on those abilities…but literally only fireball benefits from half the 4 piece set xD

And that 4P does literally nothing for a Tempered Flames build. I’m not expecting TF to be optimal or anything, but it’d be nice if it could at least benefit from the set bonus.

1 Like

IKR, mages are getting trash development for DF… it’s sad.

The first tier sets were made to be a bit straight forward and boring making tuning for the first season alot easier. I expect more exciting tier sets for season 2 and beyond. I will agree though the tier sets dont do much for mage in all specs.

the Arcane one just funnels Kyrian talent. The frost one heavily pushes frostbolt / Icy Veins build. The fire one straight up does nothing if you pick Tempered Flames.

Overall, the set bonuses benefit the least interesting / most annoying builds.

My complaint was mainly about fire 4 set.

Why does is give crit bonus to two abilties can can already either have 100% change through talents or by default already?

That’s not straight forward, it’s stupid.

3 Likes

it isnt really about it being straight forward, fires 4 piece gives us 10% crit to abilities that are already guaranteed to crit. If we take a singular talent the 4 piece is literally useless.

1 Like