Finally, the pain is over, got my Warglaives of Azzinoth

embedding

grats.

3 Likes

Is 40 weeks supposed to be a lot?

it is when the game has grown to revolve around instant satisfaction and (i’m going to self edit this part, because it’s sure to offend someone) :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations! I’ve only just started farming for them this past two weeks. Hopefully luck is on my side. Although it doesn’t feel like it will be.

That’s what happens when you let knucklehead business people try to make design decisions. They drag the value of the product down and hurt ROI ultimately.

Congrats.
I remember the pain of farming those.

Congrats, I got mine back in BFA and after about a month of using it I never used them again. I just hate the way warglaives are sheathed on our backs. It just looks so wrong…

Even if I didn’t get it before reset I’d still log in after this evening to go back at it once more

It’s more satisfying to finally get the reward cause your efforts and dedication is paid off

The ones who complain about low drop rates are handout Andy’s and they ruin it for everyone because they were raised to have everything handed to them

2 Likes

Nice. A decade and some ago it took me over a full year and a few weeks to get Thoridal from Sunwell Plateau which I still use today on the Hunter.

Back in TBC, the Warglaives dropped on our first Illidan kill, November 5, 2007, this was a Khadgar Server first too.

Shame dh is not as fun to play as in legion

What’s wrong with momentum build?

Vengeance retreat out of aoe, fel rush into mobs during boss fights and then fel rush back to boss

I gave up on those a long time ago… Might have to start it up again…

You need to play it in high keys or heroic/mythic raid to understand why momentum suck

Congratulations then.

Ah at last. You are finally prepared.

3 Likes

Only 40 weeks? I had a rogue that started farming them during wod and continued, off and on, until getting the second one during BfA.

I had another rogue that got both in 2 weeks.

Those would look great on my Tauren Demon Hunter. (soon)

1 Like

Got a guildmate that got theirs in two tries. We joked that they burned every ounce of luck they had for that.

At my peak I was farming it on 32 characters a week, 18 of which were level 102 DHs that I leveled out of the starting zone specifically for chain skip runs. Only took a couple of resets. The most time-consuming part was leveling the throwaway DKs from 55 to 70 on twelve different servers to enable the creation of the DHs on the servers I didn’t already have level 70+ characters on.

My strat was to run all the DHs first since they are by far the fastest, then my assorted collection of warriors/rogues/dks. After the first week, I would start with the DHs that got either the MH or OH, then switch to the DHs that did not get a drop the previous week.

After the DHs were run, I then did clears using the slower secondary classes that got a MH/OH drop the previous run, then if I had any motivation left by this point, I would run the secondary classes that did not get a drop the previous week.

This brute force method would still work, and is likely even faster now, since you’d only have to level from 10 to 40 to be able to kill illidan. So pick a server, make as many DHs as you can, then start leveling them as vengeance in the dungeon finder. Shouldn’t take more than a few hours to get to 40 and then you have another quick easy shot at the glaives. I really don’t think you’d need more than 10 DHs to guarantee you getting a set in a few weeks.

Just be careful. That was only step 1. The hard part is getting a bunch of people to do the raid that wont ragequit thinking a TW raid would be easy. Be preoared to spend 3 or 4 hours doing it. I got mine and I think it drained my rng luck for the year ebcause all of mog runs have been bad since then