Finally Happened, Benched Because Warriors Suck

Ive only really played warrior and been through some rough times in the past but this is the first time I’ve ever been benched due to my class actually being bad. Sitting at around 900io, and almost all gold parses in my raid fight yet I am so weak compared to other classes. I have 180 iLvl hunters that can beat me and I’m over 205! I can play near perfect (98-99 parse) on a fight and still be last. I’ve had gray parses be higher in DPS than gold parses! That means I am playing significantly better than the other person yet they do much more damage than me. This really sucks and disheartening. I’ve never had warriors be this bad and I stuck around through legion. M+ is the only place we are not bad due to our consistent cleave damage. Who else finally caved and rerolled? Which class is similar to the rapid APM style like fury? Do you guys see a buff coming soon? Im thinking after most guilds get mythic CN down but I dont want to wait that long

18 Likes

if you are so perfect why post with your 50 mage then and not your warrior? i smell a lie

8 Likes

oh ok, i forgive you :wink:

…yeah warriors suck in pve. And knowing blizzard you are looking for a buff around the last month of shadowlands, like in 2 years.

2 Likes

in pvp you are a god tho… at least you got that.

This is a bit excessively hostile for a lead post man.

It also isn’t true. He has excellent heroic logs.

Jumping way too quick to calling someone a liar.

@OP

I feel your pain. It’s weird though, you aren’t actually your bottom dps on all the fights I’ve looked at for you. You’re low, but performing very well for the spec, beating out a couple others, and doing more than enough dps for heroic raiding. You also have lots of physical dps in your raid who you’re buffing. There’s no way a hunter 30 ilvls under you is beating you - in many fights you are beating a hunter with higher ilvl than you.

TL;DR If you’re really benched, your raid leader is dumb.

9 Likes

i didnt call him a liar… i literally wrote I “smell” a lie. You quoted it.

There you go.
It is what it is.

At the same time I don’t want to lose hope, but realistically this is most likely to happen as you said it. It’s happened to other specs before. And that throwaway 5% buff we got kinda felt like they have no intention of paying serious attention to balancing the spec anytime soon.

1 Like

One who tells a lie, is a liar. Saying you suspect something is a lie, means you suspect the person saying it is telling a lie, and therefore accusing them of being a liar.

6 Likes

In my defense, I posted that before I saw him post on his warrior. At first glance I thought this was another “Boohoo woe is me” post by a troll…those are becoming all too common…and annoying. I was actually just about to make another post, saying if he was really benched based on his parses, the problem isn’t him, it’s his raid.

Also; I’m strongly positive fury buffs are coming soon.

4 Likes

To suspect is different than “being certain” though.

Like the difference between “I think my wife is with another man” and “I am certain my wife is with another man”.

Or like “i smell you are not too smart” or “i am certain you are a complete fool”

Fact. I was thinking the same thing too, I just made sure to wait before putting it out there. I definitely don’t always do that when I should :-/

I very much hope so. I just don’t want to go entire tiers of content like this but I kinda think that’s going to happen.

And still very much an insulting and offensive gesture. If you suspect something that any reasonable person would take as an insult (and I have no respect for anyone who does not consider ‘liar’ to be the worst of insults) you never voice it without strong evidence. You did not have it. Your remark was highly inappropriate.

This. Like…yes Fury needs a buff, but seriously, just looking at the logs, cutting him is a dumb decision. He’s their only warrior, and his damage is very good. They’ll lose more dps by dropping shout than replacing him with a better dps will get them. They’ve lost rally and spell reflect. And when Fury inevitably gets buffed, he’s going to make some other raid leader very happy. Stupid decision all around.

7 Likes

It’s a classic case of a guild that almost cleared mythic in an easy tier, so now, fresh expansion fresh start, they’re going far too above and beyond to ensure they’ll get CE this time! to the point of absurdity.

I’d wager about anything they crash and burn.

16 Likes

Warriors are by no means the worst melee atm.

I didn’t take it as an insult. Just disliked how he automatically assumed I was bad but at the same time I posted on the wrong account. I don’t want to start a side argument here since I don’t really care if people assumed the worst of me. What matters is warriors suck and needs a buff lol.

5 Likes

Nah that’s my bad I own that. You’re right.

Just given the climate with so many people flooding the forum whining that the spec is the reason they’re getting booted from their heroic dungeon group or their normal nathria raid, it’s easy to make that assumption.

Your parses are great, you obviously have a grasp on what you’re doing, and I hope you find a place. I have no doubts in my mind that you will.

5 Likes

Respect on owning it, shows you’re a bigger person that 90% of the world. and I understand, I creep on these forums a lot and usually feel people are crying when it’s usually skill based, but this time warriors actually feel like they suck. Appreciate your words man.

5 Likes

Already rerolled before my sub expires. Expected to get benched fully despite me trying my absolute hardest. Awful anti-melee mechanics and horrible balance by Blizzard.

6 Likes

I agree with everything you said. I know for a fact I would never be benched if my damage matched my parses in a sense I was doing big damage like others in my group. Feels like there is a magnifying glass on me during raid and I’m fighting an uphill battle. Kinda sad as this is a guild I ran with back in legion where I hardcarried some of our first kills. Oh well, fire mage it is.

2 Likes

Don’t get too discouraged. It does suck to read about the silliness of your guild, but that is one of the draw backs to the hardcore/elite scene. I know I will never go back there.
If you’re switching class to fit a role in the raid, props to ya. Hopefully your guild will help out getting your mage up to par of where your warrior was. Who knows, maybe Blizzard will roll out the next tuning phase soon. Just maybe, it will have something juicy for us. Not holding my breath, but it would be a welcome change.

ok einstein… but explain me this… how in the world can i voice a suspicion with STRONG evidence?
I swear you only get better and better, ROTFL! …too funny…