Finally, after oh so long a hunt

Pet battles were introduced with MOP. in 2012. 8 Years, Eight long years I have been hunting for that 1 elusive pet. The one pet I needed to complete my personal quest, and earn the title “ZOOKEEPER”. What pet do you ask? The “Minfernal”. It spawns in but one area. It lasts for only a brief space of time immediately after server reset (due to how quickly it is hunted). There were times that I wondered if it had in fact been secrectly removed from the game. But today? Today I took a chance. A leap of faith that perhaps, with a new release to distract others, it just might be possible. Gloriosky! Gloriosky, hallelujah, and pass that Dwarven ale! I am now, and always shall remain a: ZOOKEEPER !

7 Likes

Great news. Congrats! :smiley:

Wow. Congrats!

And while congrats are in order, the community should keep in mind that searching for eight years for a single pet – well, there are other options. I did the intro quests on a DK and a low pop server and farmed up a group of minfernals. It was a lot less time consuming and stressful than hunting them on my high pop server.
My white whale was a white fox that only appears when it snows in Northrend. I was playing on three servers at the time – weather different on all three. It’s different now, you have to make sure the alts are on different server clusters instead of just servers, but it can be done.

Another option is to use the boost, if you’re buying an expansion package which includes one, to make a toon on a low pop realm specially for searching for pets, mounts, hunter pets and mounts, and camping rares.

I’ve got it easy because I’m an altoholic who likes leveling, so I have toons on a few low-pop realms already. If anyone wants an invite to Aman’thul or the Venture Co just post here and I’d be happy to help out.

I remember that nightmare. I spent countless days parked over the spawning point in Felwood and would constantly log on and off even when I wasn’t playing just to see if it was there.

The night I got it I was heading out to see a movie, I even remember which movie; Zero Dark Thirty. I quickly logged on before heading out the door and there it was. This was before I knew about weakening blow so the trick was to not accidentally kill it. I got the pet, headed out the door, and then proceeded to spend the entire date talking about my Minfernal.

2 Likes