Final Verdict is Meh.. What should I craft?

So yeah, title says it all. Just not really feeling like this is even a legendary in PvP… sure the animation is cool and maybe I hit from further out but I don’t feel like it’s overwhelmingly any benefit to using… My question is for PvP only, what am I better off crafting to feel like I’m actually using a legendary?

I want to make the prot one but is there any ret one that actually FEELS like it’s legendary?

So I think on of the best ones that I have seen and heard about would be Mad Paragon. It increases the duration of AW every time you use HoW, I think by one second with each throw. I would think that would be pretty good for PVP. Unfortunately, I don’t PVP, but honestly can’t attest to it personally.

For ret I think the one that would definitely FEEL legendary would be Tempest of the lightbringer, not only do you get the DS, but then an added 20% DS damage in a wave of light that hits all targets. It still feels very much like a PVE legendary, but I could see that potentially being viable as well, depending on how much mastery you have.

I hope that helps, I’m sure someone with more experience than me will have better ideas.

You can use Reing of The Endless Kings for survivability, Sephuz for burst potential, or Mad Paragon/Lightbringer for team fights.

Sadly I almost always run Reign. I hate the slight drop in DPS, but the extra defensive has kept me going in many fights I would have lost.

1 Like

FV just got a buff so I’d finish upgrading that if u haven’t for when the buff comes to live and than work on reigns.

What buff? Sauce please

%15 damage buff to final verdict. Its undisarmable, has extra range and procc hammer which the only thing I really care for is it hit being able to be disarmed. But the %15 damage increase will def be nice, idk if thatl bring it up to par with reigns or sephuz tho for pvp, but it’s useless in pve.

1 Like

You mean 15% on top of what it already is? Where was this announced

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/905-ptr-changes-updated-february-23/875072/8

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

No problem friend.

1 Like

It’s on like MMO-champ, wowhead, PTR patch notes etc etc

The 15% it gained though may not be enough for it though its a very welcome sight.

Ultimately before this buff it has the same damage as a Templar’s Verdict which we are well aware of ya? Well when FV was first introduced it was as a replacement to TV when TV was physical thus becoming holy damage and was in fact an almost 30% increase to the damage.

So this brings up 2 potential things it needs right now still

1. Buff up by 30% vs 15%

2. OR 15% and a massive increase in the HoW proc or a different proc.

Examples

1. 30% more damage and still 15% HoW
  2. 15% more damage and a 30 - 50% HoW proc
  3. 15% more damage and the old interaction with Divine Storm in some fashion but a bit better.
  4. A combo of the above.

Though if the 15% buff is enough im happy, i just want it to be viable.

2 Likes

I use magistrates judgement for the extra HP gen. I’m running kyrian, but Mad Paragon works really well with Venthyr. Besides, tempest of the lightbringer for heavy aoe, they are all kind of underwhelming.

Don’t know about higher keys (just playing +10s for the time being) but Tempest of the Lightbringer and Mad Paragon don’t make for such a big difference. That said Mad Paragon is a lot better for solo content, so if you plan in upgrading a single leg I would go for Mad Paragon.
Still have a 210 Final Verdict in my bags and excited to see how that will play out in solo content and PvP come 9.0.5.

Keep in mind that Final Verdict can be cast while you are disarmed, and the chance at having a hammer of wrath (15 seconds to use it), will allow for additional burst windows, or when chasing for a kill.

Sephuz is also a great alternative if you are not human.

As others have stated: the mad paragon is decent, but you will be kited/CC’d most of the time through wings so the additional uptime on Avenging Wrath in PVP is minimal, but the damage increase on hammer of wrath can be nice.

Honesty it depends a lot on what you’re playing against.

1 Like

The only competition in arena for FV is Reign and Sephuz.

Sephuz is a lot of stats do not scoff at it, however that’s not the issue.

The issue is when you can actually take something other than Reign in 3’s. ATM it’s not very often you can afford not to have Reign equipped. Maybe vs monk teams due to ToD and possibly shadowplay.

In regards to PvE there are a few choices as listed above. Imo tempest while our “best” AoE leg is somewhat lack lustre and I just prefer mad paragon over it in most situations. FV will be amazing for a lot of things (like sludgefist) where burst is important but wings duration is not.

There are 2 main legendary artifacts for Ret PvP - Sephuz’s Proclamaition and Reign of Endless Kings. Sephuz provides a decent amount of burst and the CC reduction can come in clutch. Reign is good for survival, and is a bit better overall imo. My suggestion is to craft Reign first and then craft Sephuz.

Next patch Final Verdict is getting a 15% damage buff. Combined with the HoW 15% procs, it is my opinion that it will replace Sephuz as the main damage legendary, though Sephuz still has the CC reduction, so it will still be useful.

The only other 2 legendary powers that I would consider are Uther’s Devotion (gives you up to about ~50% uptime on Hand of Freedom for you and 1 teammate, which comes with 35% movement speed buff with Unbound Freedom) and the Mad Paragon, which can extend the duration of your Reckoning proc wings from 6 to 8 seconds and your actual wings to about 30 seconds when combined with Sanctified Wrath, provided you use HoW on coolddown.

FV getting 15% buff. So it’ll make TV hit 15% harder. Pretty sure that makes it BIS for both PvE and PvP.

No endless king will still be BIS in 3s

Thanks for all the replies, I just crafted Reign earlier today and still have FV in case it does become better. I also have the Royal Decree conduit so I think that synergy is really nice

1 Like

You can use FV in 2s without problems vs stuff like war/ww so it’s still a good legendary to have.