Final Verdict is getting a big buff in 9.0.5

The latest PTR build (https://www.wowhead.com/news=321129/shadowlands-9-0-5-ptr-build-37705-class-and-spell-changes-pvp-legendary-and-cove) contains this very nice change to Final Verdict:

Final Verdict: Replaces Templar’s Verdict with Final Verdict, a devastating strike that deals (194% 223% of Attack power) Holy damage. Has a 15% chance to activate Hammer of Wrath and reset its cooldown.

That means FV will do 15% more damage than TV. Some basic napkin math says that if TV is ~40% of our damage, and FV buffs it by 15%, then FV is a +6% DPS increase before even counting the hammer procs, which immediately makes it very competitive for single-target, if not outright BiS.

The hammer proc effect is still kind of marginal, which is boring. But if/when we can equip two legendaries, those procs will have nice synergy with Vanguard’s Momentum or Mad Paragon.

5 Likes

Damn, when’s the patch supposed to come out? Might have to save up soul ash for FV.

1 Like

Yay, I can equip the fun legendary now without feeling like a dope

2 Likes

Hm I wonder what if divine purpose with rightous verdict will be better for pvp now with FV

No, if anything FV will make the current talents more prominent.

most ppl use DP procs to heal

so what are we looking at? will it give mad paragon or the haste one a run for its moeny or not?

Im just glad FV is getting a buff because it damn well needed it. Thank the light.

2 Likes

About time, so glad for this.

Eh, this is not good… Should have left the damage alone and only buffed the proc, making our hardest hitting ability hit even harder will just make us burst even harder, and result in us getting nerfed later.

6 Likes

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if Sephuz’s still hits harder. It’s something like an 8% overall damage increase.

I say for both: buff proc and damage. Or change proc back to how it used to be in WoD where it interacts with Divine Storm.

1 Like

Excellent. I have some soul ash available. Will wait a couple of more weeks to get the rank 4.

1 Like

Napkin math says yes, but until somebody sims it under various profiles, it’s hard to say for sure.

Sephuz is still prob better, reigns I also great.

i believ there is a miscommunication, im talking about pve while oters talk about pvp. sephuz for pvp will def still be better

Chuncky TV from a 10 yard range with a chance at a free how, yeah the new FV is most definitely better in pvp.

1 Like

The thing that really draws me to using FV is the immunity to disarm for TV.

1 Like

FV is already sometimes worth using based on matchup, right? Making it a damage buff to boot just gives it more of a use case. Asking which one is the best for PvP seems kind of unanswerable when they each do radically different things.

2 Likes

That definitely is a plus.