Final Changes

Have you used PB before? It’s invisible to everyone but the Rogue. It’s the smallest aoe in the game. It will be utterly useless in M+.

Voice chat is a thing. You M+ without your buddy in voice so you can say when it procs? I mean is it ideal? Absolutely not. Should it be visible to others? Absolutely. Could poison bomb itself be better? You betcha.

But its going from a 20% chance to proc to a 50%. That’s hardly “utterly useless.” Even if you have no coordination with the tank whatsoever it’s more than DOUBLE the frequency of procs we get now.

Don’t be so doom and gloom.

Our AOE is gonna be nuts. We’ll have indiscriminate carnage, buffed poison bomb, AND crimson tempest. How you can take all this in and think we’ll be in bad shape is beyond me.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if you play M+ either, if that’s your take. For one, higher keys demand a lot more movement. Certain affixes demand more movement. It’s so small that I’d consistently be saying “don’t move”, which obviously wont work.

Proc chance going up doesn’t fix what it needs. If it was the size of wild spirits or death and decay or blizzard or any of the other drop down aoes, sure I’d see your argument.

I don’t know why you’re trying so hard to defend such a terrible ability.
It’s too small
It’s too rng
It does too little damage

Indiscriminate carnage is not real aoe. If you’re good at what you do, applying bleeds between CT is cake. It’s 1.5 minute cooldown and is yet another pointless cap on targets. Kingsbane has more potential aoe damage than IC. But neither will put us on the level of outlaw, monk, hunter, or any other heavy aoe class/spec.

We can’t have it all.

I’m also not even trying to defend it. It could use work. I just think it’s kinda silly to ask for things that have no chance of happening. It’s too late for reworks or replacements. Increase aoe size? Sure. Visible? Sure. But we aren’t going to have it removed and replaced.

I simply wanted to provide a reality check toward the “it’s gonna be awful” sentiment. It’s not going to be awful. We’re “fine” now. Not great, but fine. And we’re getting better. Will it be good? “Enough?” Well that’s subjective. But it is OBJECTIVELY going to be better than our current standing.

Be positive. Be realistic. All I’m saying.

1 Like

I see. So you think we should just give up because there’s no chance? We should stop asking for it to get better because it hasn’t been fixed yet. So we should just roll over and give up?

Sorry but talking about it and asking for it is the only way we’re gunna see impactful change. If you are content with “okay” then you do you. But don’t talk to me like I’m some idiot for wanting it to get better instead of nothing ever changing. I’m allowed my opinion and don’t need you telling me at every corner that there’s no way it will get better than “okay”. If you don’t like my suggestions for fixing it, that’s fine. But I’m not here to appease you. I’m here to give my opinion.

That’s…not at all what I’m saying.

But you have a nice day now. Goodbye.

4 Likes

It is. You shot down what I had to say every time.

You too, see ya.

More “attacking” buttons to choose from - ok, more buttons general? No, pls God no. Sub has enough buttons to be pressed…

Yes, this was the big thing to move to the right direction.

You guys/galls are funny.

1 Like

For the love of god also let’s remove the damage to your self on dreadblades, we are one of the only classes now with a self damaging ability.

We are also one of the only classes with the most limited self healing

3 Likes

I like the suicidal effect of dreadblades and it is also possible to recover everything with the poison that applies leech

1 Like

Warriors/hunters?

True, can our actual abilities do stuff instead? Ambush/backstab damage is a joke compared to evis, while rup and snd are just press and forget. Our abilities simply lack the synergy they once had in the past, rip sang veins and energetic stabbing.

Then there’s shadowblades, most forgettable 3 min cd in the game. It’s not even like the extra cp even matters with imp ambush, and all the other talents that seem to throw energy and cps at us. I’d honestly be fine if they removed this spell and gave us 20% dmg on our generators

I’d honestly love if they gave us a talent that giga buffs backstab, but increases its energy cost up to 50-60 energy and gives it a wod style positional requirement.

Oh and I have a bone to pick with Danse Macbre and everything else that overloads and complicates our burst.

Dragonflight go check list.
Drs?
Kidney?
Symbols?
Echoing?
Cold Blood?
Dance?
Pre finality and deeper dags?

Then you finally press shadow dance and need to waste globals to stack up danse, so you can crit someone 100-0 with 1 huge evis. But if anyone presses trinket, or respects your damage your screwed until your next go in 45 seconds. Meanwhile you can hop on a ww or prot warr and do the same if not MORE damage with only a fraction of the time and work. Obviously tuning can fix somethings, but tuning can’t fix how clunky the spec feels to play.

1 Like

Goremaw’s missing feels a lost/missed opportunity! Hopefully it gets added in some day. They’ll need to add more for 11.0 at the very minimum, if not tweak during major patches in DF.

My dear child, have you not learned anything these past few expansions?

Blizzard will take away our toys. Put them in the closet for awhile. Then give them back and pretend they are new toys.

(side note: My wife and I would actually do this when our daughters were little.)

2 Likes

Bruh… ik you aren’t ACTUALLY trying to make go’s as a sub rogue seem complicated lmao.

You can literally have a go every single dr btw. That will either force a cd or kill

1 Like

Especially in DF.
1st go - Flagellation/SD
2nd go - ER/SD
3rd go - SB/SD/resonator
4th go - refer to 1st go

1 Like

It’s annoying and unfun to play is what I’m saying, never said it’s bad or can’t kill.

ER is annoying to play with shadow tech, flag is just free dmg on finishers and doesn’t add any real flavor to the gameplay. Coldblood is an out dated cd from vanilla, same with thistle tea. I’m just not a fan of having a bunch of random cds that exist for no reason other than taking up a spot in the talent tree. I’d rather just have the abilities that I already have do things, so all around synergy is added to the spec.

But please, continue trying to gaslight me with your rival ego.

2 Likes

Thanks, i hate it.

1 Like

goremaws was a press and forget button in legion, a builder that did ok damage which replaced a backstab. not even worth pressing during dance. Its probably the least interesting artifact ability between all 3 specs

1 Like

Playing from Vanilla onwards, what I’ve learned is that up until the revamp that gave us 3 columns of choices per spec, talent trees are tweaked – usually with new talents added – for expansions.

They didn’t return to trees as a 1-expac experiment. They’ll continue into 11.0 and beyond and they’ll be tweaking them as they always did.

1 Like