Final Campaign Chapter Discussion (Where Are We Going in 9.2 Onwards?)

In blood and fire as we’re paraded through Sylvanas redemption arc.

…if we get it.

3 Likes

Call me when we get to number four…

1 Like

Not at all. As a dragon, Deathwing/Neltharion would have ordinarily went to G’hanir the mother tree in the Emerald dream, since, even as intelligent winged beasts, dragons are still classified as winged animals. Seeing as he was so Voided to his core… it’s been suggested vaguely that Neltharion Deathwing’s soul was lost to the Void forever.

incredibly brave of you to think that’s canon still

6 Likes

Actually, to wit, it’s not canon.

Hireek has wings.

Ol boy went straight to the Maw lol

Maybe those are wrong wings. And from a certain PoV this loa would not qualify anyway.

/Kappa

gl hf

2 Likes

How foolish of me, of course, bat wings are of course giant membranous hands, technically speaking.

Protodrakes and Bats do not go to G’hanir, naturally.

1 Like

While retcons are always a possibility, as things stand the whole point of using the Dragon Soul to blast Deathwing was that killing him was impossible, so it was necessay to erase and unmake his entire existence. Thanks to the immortality granted him by N’zoth, he was functionally unkillable and if even a small portion of his essence endured, he could be quickly revived from it.

That may have included his soul; Deathwing was so utterly corrupted by the end that allowing even his soul to escape obliteration could have provided enough “him” to eventually regenerate his entire self again.

2 Likes

Honestly I do wonder what’s the deal with Netherwing drakes, fairy dragons, protodrakes, storm ones… But at the same time I’m not sure I want to know.

gl hf

Then there’s Ursoc… whom we last saw in Legion in the Emerald dream, who SOMEHOW is in Ardenweald… did he die at some point I’m not aware of? Ardenweald>>>Emerald dream, that’s the order Wild gods are supposed to flow in…

Well you see elemental drakes are elementals, netherwing drakes are demons, protodrakes are like bats as we’ve established, and fairy dragons are neither fairies nor dragons but an abomination created by Elune (but not Aberrations of the Void, nor Abominations of Maldraxxus, just metaphorical abominations).

2 Likes

remember, there was no pre-existing lore on the shadowlands or death on Azeroth according to Danuser/Copeland :slight_smile: it was a blank slate :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My guess it just sounded cooler.

You see that happen in other media as well. Like how all of GAIA’s subsystems in Horizon Zero Dawn are named after Greek Gods except for Minerva, which uses her roman name because it sounded better than Athena. Plus it does kind of act as a pun on mineral.

2 Likes

The Shadow that the Legion fears is the Void. As both Chronicle and Xal’atath state the Legion longs for the end of all things(of course Xal’atath is smug about the Void winning if the Legion succeeded which probably means that if Death broke the Void out of it’s cell Death would lose).

The Jailer is aligned with Death. The Legion thinks that Death should win in order to kill the Void Lords.

If Death wins it is the End of All Things which as far as Sargeras is concerned is the best way to save existence from the torture that the Nathrezim described the Void as bringing about.

The Nathrezim made the Void out as a major threat to Sargeras and since we know that the Jailer keeps secrets from his pawns it is natural for him to strike a bargain with the Legion to deliver Azeroth to Death while withholding the truth about the Void from him!

The Jailer tricked Sylvanas into thinking that Death(if Gul’dan’s words combined with the First One homeplanet’s name and the Broker Documents do indeed mean that Death is a distinct entity) will grant her free will when instead she would give all existence over to the Jailer for him to rule so it would be no surprise that Zovaal would tell Sargeras that Death would spare the Cosmos from the horror of the Void by ending existence upon claiming Azeroth.

Blizzard if I am correct and Death is indeed a distinct female entity please give her Erim the Goddess of Death’s Voice Actor from Lufia Curse of the Sinistrals! It is suspected by one of the other Voice Actors that she is voiced by Caitlin Glass I.E. the Voice Actor for Selan.

1 Like

this is interesting, I really want to take my time and read it to understand. I think you fill in a lot of gaps in my knowledge with this.

It is the MACHINE of death that broke…

I wonder if the Broker’s cosmology map would have Zovaal’s purdy face in Death’s circle instead of the Arbiter if they knew the truth??

So like…Kael betrayed Sinfall right? All the Dreadlords were snuffed out, all the NPCs in Sinfall seem to be getting along, soooo Kael sold out?

That or he was planted as a double agent as test, wouldn’t be his first time.

To be fair Loa imitate animals but are not animals, which may make them exempt

takes a deep breath

clears throat

… … … … … … … …

MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK

2 Likes

Loa who are animals are Wild Gods. This has been affirmed ten thousand times both during the expansion and in Chronicles and even in Grimoire.

2 Likes