Final Campaign Chapter Discussion (Where Are We Going in 9.2 Onwards?)

So like…Kael betrayed Sinfall right? All the Dreadlords were snuffed out, all the NPCs in Sinfall seem to be getting along, soooo Kael sold out?

That or he was planted as a double agent as test, wouldn’t be his first time.

To be fair Loa imitate animals but are not animals, which may make them exempt

takes a deep breath

clears throat

… … … … … … … …

MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK MERELY A SETBACK

2 Likes

Loa who are animals are Wild Gods. This has been affirmed ten thousand times both during the expansion and in Chronicles and even in Grimoire.

2 Likes

Yeah but same dif they go to Ardenweald right? At least in normal circumstances. Hir’eek died in good old Death-Is-Broken times and so got Mawed.

Dragons may still go to the mother tree? Unless that was entirely retconned and the new mother tree is in Ardenweald whatever Shadowlands is dumb

???

Hireek has wings.

Winged Wild Gods and animals are supposed to go to G’hanir.

Hireek went straight to the Maw.

Ergo the G’hanir-winged-wild-god stuff is probably not canon because Blizzard can’t be bothered to remember their lore.

The joke for the past ten posts has been making fun of it given if bats don’t have wings since their wings are their hands, then protodrakes also don’t have wings.

etc.

2 Likes

The Jailer + The Primus = Azeroth + A Zereth Mortis?

What a ridiculous theory(so ridiculous and confusing even someone with Autism like myself is baffled by what the OP posted) it gives and yet the name of the thread gives theories of it’s own(one of which I myself posted on the thread).

Can Azeroth be trusted?

Its rather a moot point, if we can trust Azeroth, considering we have no where else to live. Both Outland and Argus are falling apart and partway into other cosmic realms and all the worlds we stopped Legion invasions on had fairly good natural defenses that would make living there problematic.

Like they entire rest of this expansion, the answer is “Somewhere new we completely pulled out of our rear and have failed to adequately explain. Now watch as we mash our Anduin and Sylvanas action figures together and make kissy noises. That’s what’s REALLY important! Wheeeee!..”

1 Like

I imagine that got retconned with Ardenweald. Though, I have the idea that the dreaming minds of the slumbering wild gods and loa actually wander the Emerald Dream, just like druids do in the mortal realm. If you take that as a base then G’hanir can be seen as the haven of the slumbering winged ones, where they spend their time before they are recovered and awaken again.

Well, she is the reason the Kyrians kept throwing us back in our bodies; she anchors us to mortality. That seems pretty good.

As to the question; Pretty sure we are going to First One Land, which I am not acknowledging the name of because it is really goofy.

Big question is who else will be there. All the cosmic forces would want to get their hands on the levers of creation and remake reality in their image. We could get a cosmic disco war zone.

Nowhere Op, we´re going nowhere.

If this expac´s lore has cimented anything, is that the few threads that were obvious from the start ended up where we could expect them, and that nothing truly interesting will happen.

You don´t seriously raid?

Funny, i assumed you raided in normal+ difficulties.

I´ve been procrastinating but I´ll probably try at least normal mode this time around that my spec / covenant combo aren´t garbage tier at deployment.

Ty for putting it better than me.

I mean dude, the only way for Blanduin to graduate to “Chad Huyman Potential” levels in the WoW narrative is only after he gets the hawt elf trophy waifu from the Windrunner lineage.

Best comment of the thread

/looks at likes

Yup, indeed the best.

Only if those people would get the enough amount of authonomy to properly craft their stuff.

Cause taking them just to obliterate the story more “elegantly” would be a catastrophe.

3 Likes

Technically we don’t have confirmation Zereth Mortis = First One Land.

We just know Zereth Mortis has something to do with the First Ones. And so does the Sepulcher of Knowledge.

But the Primus says we are following Zovaal and then reaffirms “Death is coming for the soul of your world, mortal”

So Sepulcher of the First Ones = Azeroth = Zereth Mortis?

Unless Sepulcher =/= Zereth Mortis.

I have a dumb theory that the Sepulcher is actually the Sepulcher from Silverpine Forest. Something’s buried deep beneath it, lads.

2 Likes

I´m waaay more worried about how the devs will ruin that years old lore bit (I mean we have knowledge about the “funny” stuff under Tirisfal since ages ago… and the Legion revelations were underwhelming AF).

1 Like

That wouldn’t make any sense since it’s been under Sylvanas’ control for years. It also doesn’t seem that it was called “The Sepulcher” until the Forsaken took over it and turned it into a base.

Given that “sepulcher” is just another name for a tomb or crypt (or more specifically, one carved by cutting directly into solid rock), it’s probably a coincidence.

If the Sepulcher is on Azeroth my bet would be on it being somewhere we have not been before. Perhaps on the other side of Azeroth, or the Dragon Isles.

The problem I have with that idea is the Black Empire should of been aware of it and worked to gain entry long, long ago.

So…Where’s Sylvanas?

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Sepulcher?file=The_Sepulcher.jpg

The Sepulcher doesn’t say when it got it’s name. If it does turn out to be the secret location of the Sepulcher of the First Ones than Sylvanas made good use of it as a base!

Why would we move off world if we end up killing her dead? I’m sure killing the being imprisoned inside Azeroth won’t hurt the planet’s inhabitants especially if it turns out she is Death itself as her very existence should be toxic to the planet’s inhabitants if that were the case!

It still sounds to me like assuming that whenever a cosmic being talks about something like “Sentinels” they must be talking about Sentinel Hill

2 Likes

Because planets and their world souls exist symbiotically. If the world soul dies, so does the world.

Welcome to Shadowlands.

Haha don’t mind me mate I’m being cheeky, but idk I can sort of see it. Like if there IS something buried deep beneath the Sepulcher, just because Sylvanas controlled the space doesn’t mean she controlled the “sanctum” I guess.

I mean look I actually doubt my theory is correct. I think you’re right; it is a coincidence. But if my theory IS right, we need a key to enter it. The Jailer had to go to all that trouble to get all of the sigils to get there.

If my dumb parody theory is correct, Sylvanas may have controlled the cemetary/crypt in Lordaeron but she probably couldn’t access the super secret bits without that key… which might very well have been her endgame all along. I mean the conquest of Silverpine in the Cata era was VERY thoroughly done - new roads and infrastructure created all over the place. Given that we know she started developing her plans after WotLK… securing the Sepulcher may well have been the first step.