Feral vs other specs bfa

So I’ve always liked feral more then balance and I’m not to big in tanking or healing if I had to choose I’d do resto as a secondary if I did choose one but I always hear mixed things with feral I’d probably still play it even if its complete crap but I’ve never really got a word from any max level freaks so far in legion when I played druid I was a balance cause it was was far better so just wanting to see how feral is later in game?

It depends on the content that you are looking to conquer, but the general consensus is that feral is bad and it seems that the feral community isn’t happy with the proposed changes coming in 8.1

Both Resto and balance appear to be the most viable specs right now for high end content

1 Like

If you do pve or focus on pve it would be better to not go feral. For rbg considering the 8.1 buffs it can be decent maybe. Arenas mediocre, but depends on your skill. They are removing big bites and our bleeds are trash so idk. All depends on you. feral is fun, mechanical, frustrating and unrewarding for most parts.

2 Likes

They’re one of the best specs in arena right now, considering FMP/Jungle are as if not better than DH/Boomy atm.

The removal of Raking Ferocity will hurt this probably, but our bleed damage being upped maybe help make up for it.

…hopefully.

1 Like

Rip wont double dip mastery so there is no bleed buff. And st will not be viable in pvp anymore because li is a much better choice that goes well with bt so theres goes another 20% fb damage.

Mastery damage in general is being upped and not needing 5CP for full bleed damage is a buff, even if it isn’t just a flat number increase.

LI+BT is the go to combo, but I am curious if using ST/Omen or Frenzy will Soul of the Forest/Brutal Slash will be good for ST burst. There’s a lot of different combos to play around with, but obviously 1 will stand out more than the others.

I think it’ll be nice to have a variety at least.

But omen and frenzy is just bad, specially frenzy.

I am very interested to see where feral is gonna go with the mastery changes. It seems many people overlook the power of change for pvp.

First, masterful instinct (big mastery buff for 30 seconds after using wall) may give feral alot of counter pressure with big bites, with only 2 of them i could go to 90% mastery.

The there is a possibility of iron jaws comming back for maim. With the new azerite pieces, you can have both masterful and Iron in the same piece. On the PTR i was able to do a 350k crit on a target dummy and 75k non crit on a player (leather) from my 5mins of testing.

To be honest feral is in a good spot right now. I can confidently do mythic PVE content. PVP we’re strong as well… anyone who says otherwise isn’t familiar with the play style. We seem to have a more complex rotation style, but that just adds to the challenge (which I like). Some of the rotations out there are rediculously easy… no fun in that. Part of feeling accomplished is overcoming a challenge. I like to think if I’m parsing oranges and destroying in PVP as a Feral… I’m a much more competent WoW player than most.

1 Like

For most content Feral is fine. For higher-end content don’t be surprised if people flat out decline to let you come. Although I’m sure Feral isn’t the only one in that boat, they have received a harsh stigma ever since the release of BFA and have received numerous buffs which seems to correlate with its viability right now.

Let me guess your in 1500 rating, destroying 1500 players in pvp?
Then for pve you rely on your guild most of the time because nobody lets you join raids and m+ in lfg.

Mediocre aoe and no utility buff. Nothing will change for pve.

Wait your 1/8 in m uldir and dont play rated pvp, you dont even know what your talking about.

It’s hard taking someone serious whom doesn’t post on their main. Maybe start with that before insulting people.

1 Like

350K crits? What in the world kind of gear upgrades are coming in 8.1?

Thats because hes giving false information.

I think feral is fun and much improved in 8.1, especially with the rip changes, and AOE improvements. You’re going to always get doom and gloom when asking the forums. If you like it, then play it.

2 Likes

I am not. When the PTR is up, I can go on it to redo it again and post the picture if you want.

@Speedyfoof, that was made with only 3 new azerites pieces and using my current gear. The azerite armor had 3x Iron Jaws, 2x Masterful Instinct and 1 other random trait).

1 Like

It seems they are adjusting talent trees and adding/removing things on the ptr. I wouldn’t be surprised if they adjust numbers after the changes have been live for a week-month.

I havent seen any feral changes about rip not needing 5CP, can you link me ? In starting to hear exciting things for feral but can only find talent change information, nothing about mastery or rip