Feral Talent Concerns

I actually like the heal on blood talons, the reason being is because it doesn’t have to be cast on yourself. You can target anyone with the heal and still get bloodtalons.

You guys do realize that your clear casting procs are not tied to Blood Talons right? You still get clear casted regrowth regardless of what talent you pick.

The whole point is that requiring regrowth in your dps rotation is stupid and clunky.

If you want to throw some clear cast regrowths to party members and be a little off healer that’s fine. Do you.

But I want to dps as optimally as possibly. I dont want to have to waste a GCD on an off heal. Literally no other hybrid class has to heal if they dont want to.

7 Likes

good point :slight_smile: untying it from our DPS rotation would indeed make it a little more flexible, even if I’d have to start thinking about it again!

back to Legion and healing 5-mans in feral spec

Honestly my idea is this. Make Bloodtalons increase the damage of your next rake when you use Ferocious Bite, or the damage of your next Ferocious Bite after using rake.

The majority of feral players are using BT on rake and FB anyway, why not streamline the process and unty it from Regrowth.

2 Likes

don’t forget oin us live on Twitch on Thursday, March 21 as we sit down with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas for our next live developer Q&A, where he’ll be answering your Battle for Azeroth questions.

Submit your questions by posting here in this forum thread or via Twitter using the hashtag #WarcraftQA.

We’re looking forward to getting the chance to dive in and answer as much as we can; we hope to see you Thursday at 7:00 P.M. CET! be sure to write on ur twitter

And if they were actually interested in logical suggestions and class balance, they would do that. Instead we get the punitive dismantling of feral.

Giving BT it’s own button outside of firing off Regrowth still causes you to waste a GCD. I enjoy the clutch heal myself :slight_smile: but to each their own

I’m not asking for a separate button for BT. I’m asking for it to proc off something other than regrowth.

1 Like

Like what though? I like the idea of Regrowth. Free heal to anyone in the thick of battle without needing to waste a potential combo point slot.

Could be because I’m a new feral as of BfA, but I don’t think we have any other abilities that would make as much sense

I disagree strongly, it’s more than simply wasting a single gcd, its what that gcd stands for in terms of spec design. Not only to play feral optimally, you have to actually STOP using abilities to pool energy, it goes against what feral should feel like. BT is just another instance where I’m encouraged to press a button that does to increase what my role does (which is dps). Does Ret have dps cd’s tied to free FoL procs? (Srsly asking I havn’t touched my pal in awhile). Im new to feral sice MoP but I don’t remember so much down time, and BT just adds to it.

2 Likes

On the flip side, I can’t think of a time you DIDN’T manage resources, CPs and Energy as Feral. Other than the year we spent in Antorus where we had a ridiculous APM setup. Granted, some builds needed more, some needed less. But it was always a thing.

You can proc BT off Entangling Roots. Although why you would want to in normal operation escapes me. But it’s an option.

I would also be interested in what you would like to have supplement (not replace) Regrowth as a BT proc option.

BT is a prime candidate for pruning.

3 Likes

I mean on one hand I agree with what your saying strongly. On the other we have predatory swiftness for pvp reasons and its factored into our pve survive-ability if i were to guess when their doing the tuning knobs. While I really would like to see a on use Bloodtalons or a charge or empowerment system for it. I worry that many times were going to end up using this gcd anyways. A lot of the top Ferals that have killed jaina already do a boat load of healing on their raid with regrowth (looking at robo).

This is something I’m trying to work on myself using PS regrowth on raid members when im full or it will be an overheal. Its not an ideal thing to want to improve on as a dps but its something that I can improve on. The only other spec that has something like this is enhancement shaman with their healing rain (if they still have it havent played and guild doesnt have one) but its a lot easier to throw that down in melee than spot healing while pooling etc.

I personally think they found a flaw in trying to change bloodtalons that hasnt become obvious to the playerbase. They said before 8.1 they were going to change bloodtalons they ended up giving us a huge rework when they said ele was going to get a huge rework and they pretty much changed small stuff for them. I just feel there has to be something that caused them to not go down the road of changing bloodtalons.

Ill be honest, given the choice between giving up BT entirely or replacing it’s proc, I would chose the former. If someone said "nope BT has to stay but Ill let you decide its proc’ then I would have to leave it alone as I can’t really think of anything that wouldn’t just add to the clunk.
Maybe Moonfire if they changed the Lunar talent? Take off its Energy/CP and add in additional fluff like a flat damage increase. Idk. The more I try to replace BT then more I end up loathing its addition to the game.

1 Like

If there was a huge srynergy regarding BT and Ferals PvP damage, it was sure lost on me, lol, I suuuuuuuuuck with feral in terms of pvp.

I mean it may of not been synergy for just pvp it may of had to do with pve as well this is just pure speculation. I would imagine changing bloodatlons is more of a 9.0 thing if they are going to do it then the middle of BFA imo. Next expansion fotm ferals everywhere? one can dream right…

I’d like to remind everyone complaining about bloodtalons that it is a talent. you don’t have to take it. some of us really enjoy the gameplay associated with the talent and we’d rather emphasize it than remove it.

1 Like

That’s kind of my point. People say, make it work with something else. But never provide examples. And as Adardrae says, some like how it works and there is another option that is very nearly as good, especially if you gear for it.

Is BT a bit of a handful? Well, that really depends on where you joined the game. If you also had to juggle Savage Roar and LI at the same time, then the whole rotation gets tighter. If you have the version of Savage Roar that was 18? (I forget) seconds instead of the 36 seconds, then it gets even tighter. At this point, BT is not hard to use. It really isn’t. But people want to be spammy button mashers and that just isn’t what Feral is, nor has it ever been outside of a VERY short time (in overall terms) in Legion.

By previous do you mean in 8.0? Cause It’s only now in 8.1 that all of our abilities have proper interactions with one another. You’re not forced to take Brutal Slash, you can use AoE rip guilt free tbh, and no one like Savage roar anyways lol Predator is the best choice over Sabertooth in dungeons.