Feral needs love. This is getting sad

For far too long feral has been shafted and with shadowlands coming it’s not looking good. Honestly the spec feels like a gimped sin rogue. I don’t want to be a sin rogue…I want to be tearing things up as a feral druid. Blizzard please figure the spec out. Its needs love.

65 Likes

Whatbwoukd you change? You do tear things up, depending on how you are specced you have 4 bleeds, feralbus all about those bleeds. I find it plays slower than my rogue, that could be design or being low on baste.

I do like the flexability, reminds me more before they split the cat/bear zpeccs.

Maybe it’s tuning that it needs. But the amount of work someone has to put into it in order to get decent dps is kind of sad.

1 Like

I have seen a few pvp videos that were impressive. But they were working for those kills.

Roll a rogue. Far more fun an experience

3 Likes

The biggest problem right now with Feral isn’t even a damage or mechanics issue. Moonkin brings 100% of the utility that Feral does, and a lot more on top of it. For Feral to even be an option, it needs to have something Moonkin doesn’t, and it doesn’t.

14 Likes

I already jumped ship. Feral is more of a meme than feral in classic wow.

10 Likes

Feral in shadowland is in a pretty good spot for pvp not top tier but a solid choice. we have solid burst and sustain and decent pvp utility.

Now in other content we are at the bottom of the pack. in m+ main issue is we dont have the time to ramp up and bring no utility to the group.

In raid we bring nothing unique and our overall dps even without mistake is in the bottom tier the only reedeming quality right now is our aoe rip talent that give good aoe uncapped damage.

The issue i guess is to up the feral pve damage without overtuning the feral pvp. First obvious change i dont get why they didnt do yet is bring back LOTP as a 3-5% crit raid boost and maybe add back the healing effect so that we may get a reason to be in raid.
Second change is force feral to choose if they wana focus on bleed or on bite one way of doing that is giving a talent that replace shred by mangle boosting your bleed damage but losing some direct damage. The goal is to have raider focusing on bleed for better reliable DPS while pvper will focus on bite for more burst
Lastly give feral a shroud of darkness equivalent and make it the feral affinity unique spell instead of maim i think that will be the single most awesome up for feral.

15 Likes

Feral is not a meme in classic wow anymore…

3 Likes

I just want bleeds to matter again. :frowning:
Sabertooth bite bot is…zzz.

8 Likes

There is so many that can be done and each of us as his idea, but the only thing we gonna get are numbers tweaked. We won’t be last but we wont ever gonna be over rogue/war.

Change Savage Roar or remove it. Replace it with a talent that makes it so using your regrowth if you have predatory swiftness increases your energy regen by 10% for x amount of time? That way your regrowth is actually useful since they’ve changed bloodtalons.
Also make LotP baseline again…please.

6 Likes

One of the biggest things i think we need is a damage increase on our bleeds. While that wont solve the issue of raid utility which could be solved a whole host of ways (LoTP baseline for example), i’d like to see feral dots return to the way they used to be; they’re really a shadow of their former selves. Especially after the nerfs bite took from a pvp perspective, this would help shift power back from burst to consistent pressure, and help out the class in pve dmg wise

9 Likes

Not that I think feral is bad from a pvp perspective but from an overall perspective a few things i think would be good / fun changes are

1. Leader of the pack baseline again like mentioned before.

Maybe like 3% crit and chance on critical strikes to return resources instead of just the heal aspect, ie critical strikes have a 25% chance every 6 seconds to refund x amount of energy / rage etc.

1. Change Soul of the forest

Reduce some of the energy costs of a few of our abilities and change soul of the forest to 20% chance per combo point on ferocious bites to increase the damage or tick speed of your next rip / rake /
or moonfire ( if playing that talent) by a large amount similar to resto druids soul of the forest but with bleeds.

1. Give innervate back to all druids specs usable by themselves and have it have a special effect where used on themselves it would reduce the cost of energy / rage / astral power / or mana of their abilities for the duration or something similar.

Random pvp changes I think would be good are to change useless honor talents that nobody uses, ie the rake critical strike one or stampeding roar out of roots one.

Rake one can reduce the slow from rake by x amount when used on a new target in addition to what it is now or have stampeding roar give a small duration freedom aswell etc. Also bring back iron jaws as a pvp talent.

I’m not saying we need all of these changes and some may be too strong but these are just some ideas I thought could be fun or help feral a little.

3 Likes

Innervate should be tied to Restoration Affinity. Heart of the Wild is a wasted talent. The affinities should allow temporary fill in by default-not wasting a second talent tier.

Rejuvenation and Regrowth should be baseline for all specs. Rip should stack damage on itself like Ignites.

There’s a lot more but those are the specific baseline notes I have for adjusting the spec. The most critical improving Rip usage/damage rotationally.

4 Likes

I like the rip stacking like ignite idea. Not sure about replacing innervate with current vortex I think I like innervate as a baseline spell imo I hear you tho.

5 Likes

Innervate not replacing Vortex-replacing Rejuvenation. Rejuvenation baseline. Being able to heal (marginally) for 10 seconds every 3 minutes isn’t exactly game-breaking.

I don’t know that making it baseline helps Ferals, as I think it is better for Balance still. Feral already has strong spot healing with Predatory Swiftness. Whether or not Innervate should be usable on party/raid targets is up for debate–I don’t think that should be the case, except for Restoration specialization because there’s a cost using it on a different target.

2 Likes

I dont think that’s a good idea. Regrowth should never have been tied to your throughput to begin with (i.e. old bloodtalons).

For revising Savage Roar though, I strongly feel that keeping it as another maintenance buff would harm feral more than help it due to how many we’re already working with. Not everything needs to be “Activate X to make Y stronger”.

Could be as simple as a passive, such as standing close to allies or enemies to increase an effect of something.

I wish Bleeding DoT become overlappable like Ironfur.

7 Likes

That would be fantastic. If we were melee fire mages (circa 8.3), it would solve the utility issue and give us a dps niche for big cleave fights M+. Our raid ST dps could be middle of the pack or even on the low end if our cleave/spread damage was top notch.