Feral mastery

i think our mastery is kinda ok but would it be cooler to add effect like:
" Bleed tick have X% chance to make your next combo generator 100% critical strike."

Or

“Bleed tick have X% to increase energy regen by 100% for 1-5 seconde.”. Numbers to be tone.

Would synergy with the spec and add more fluidity with the gameplay.

2 Likes

They should just remove feral from the game. There are more than enough melee specs in the game and Lizzard seems to have no desire to balance it in pve.

I am honestly tired of being tempted by it, thinking it’s an option, and then coming around to warrior, rogue, or DK (or previously DH) whenever I give any realistic thought to playing a melee spec and helping my group comp in pve.

They shouldn’t remove it, they should give it the attention it deserves.

It doesn’t take much give us some sort of niche utility, and make the bleeds actually matter. Is that asking for so much?

1 Like

Yeah, sadly, I actually think it is. Feral druid was the last-in-line garbage-tier non-spec with only half a talent tree devoted to it back in Vanilla. And since then, Blizzard has added four more melee dps specs (Unholy, Frost, Windwalker, and Havoc) and zero range dps specs.

I think they have seriously painted themselves into a corner with respect to maintaining both balance and identity across all 13 melee specs in the game.

Feral druid is a relic of a bygone age when there was more opportunity to play a tank/dps hybrid. I think you could still have something like that if encounters were designed differently, but that just isn’t the state of the game in 2020.

I think we can safely retire the cat and move on. Windwalker and Havoc fill the role of tanky, mobile, melee dps better than feral does and they bring a raid buff to boot.

More melee added or not, I don’t think that should matter. In a perfect world they’d devour the time to make everything viable, and have its place. There really shouldn’t be any excuse for them not doing this bare minimum for us.

Personally myself, and I’m sure many others love the shapeshifter fantasy, and I wish they’d appreciate that there’s a crowd that wants Feral and Guardian to be viable contenders.

There have been so many well written posts by numerous members of the community on these forums, it’s really time they listen.

3 Likes

You’re preaching to the choir with me. I was sold on the class fantasy from moment I saw that nelf druid shift into cat mid-stride in the original WoW cinematic. I have been in love with it ever since.

But the fact remains, the community sees feral as a second rate rogue, and I don’t know if that can be helped. I feel for the designers in the current game. The druid class was designed in a much simpler era. Back then, raids were the only endgame pve content and had a lot more wiggle room for group comp.

Players that play feral druid today and expect to be able to melee are not content with the spec being undesirable for certain types of content because switching to a different spec of druid may as well be a different class for them. Switching to boomkin or resto is not like a demo lock going desto for a tier of content or a hunter doing bm in pve and survival in arenas, it’s like rolling a whole new toon. Now, don’t get me wrong, some people love to switch hit when their group calls for it, but others don’t. And if the devs can’t create a niche in mythic raiding and high keys (not extreme high keys, i am talking about the 20ish range) then they should just consider retiring it so that players don’t have the big oof of falling in love with a class and then realizing that they need to reroll, not just to do well, but just to be invited to the party. Maybe I am being extreme about this, but I would rather the spec just go away than have it exist and taunt me while I play a rogue.

Sorry for the rant.

1 Like

Ferals cant get buffed…if its anything ive learned since vanilla its ferals cant compete with rogues. Rogues will always complain if ferals top them. So in Blizz eyes we need to be second class DPS

2 Likes

I agree, remove fefal.

Then they’ll be able to fix feral.

1 Like

#covfefal.

1 Like

Like myself on a personal level I have zero interest in the boomkin playstyle. I really just want to play Feral or Guardian.

But still, I wish for every spec/class to have viability, and bring something to the group.

What was their staying? “Bring the player not the class”. Well you gotta give people something decent to work with to start.

1 Like

I would actually love it if there was a way to re-merge guardian and feral.

I realize the current game setup doesn’t really support this and that it’s a pipedream, but if they DID it would probably end up being a considerable buff to both specs. I mean, they even bring many of the same abilities as each other, tho implemented differently of course.

I usually end up using Feral as my WQ and day-to-day spec outside of dungeons because they play (kind of, a little bit) similarly as melee classes and they share stats so I don’t have to swap out weapons, and my Bear azerite kind of carries over, a little at least.

Look at the talent tree and abilities from WOTLK and you’ll see that they really can/did co-exist fairly well. It was a different time, and Hybrid builds were a thing. /shrug.

1 Like