Feral How not to die

I need help with this. I wish to main feral and I know they are one of the most complex spec to play but I can’t learn is I keep dying. In dungeons or raids one or 2 hits I’m dead. I don"t want more heal I just don"t want to be so squishy.

How not to die?

1 Like

Well there is a couple talents that are helpful for this, but mainly using stuns at the right moments can help. But also you want to use your finishers to help proc free stronger regrowths.

Depends on your ilv too, if your feral is a fresh lvl 70 I remember having trouble with world quests cause Feral was squishy at the start. Getting some gear can help but yeah.

There is a passive talent that reduces damage by a certain percent and pick uo the one that procs enraged regen when you get below a certain health point. Can also reccomend convoke as it can heal you to full without any cost. Swift mend is also useful since it can be used in form.

Using Iron bark and survival instincts at the right time can help too. Sadly Feral is very squishy but it is very fun to play at least.

The new ring or the raid ring that give the shield can help too.

1 Like

The sad truth, the best way is to play guardian. I started questing in DF as a feral, but went bear after I realized how much less damage I was taking.

If you have the right talents, you can heal yourself a lot as a feral. You just need to be able to generate combo points fast enough that you can quickly cast regrowth instantly. You can survive a lot, but you can also die quicker than you can get and use the CPs sometimes.

As a bear, death is almost non-existent and you can pull groups of normal mobs and elites. It is something that has been annoying me so much. Bear is often the much better quest form.

If you dying a lot in a dungeon or raid, I hate to say it, but that is a matter of learning where not to stand and what to do. Only when I mess that up do I have survivability issues in instances.

It does. I know the current BiS setup is pure dps, but with the shields, I have more of a buffer if I mess up. Since there is a gem that does aoe damage when you get a shield, it works well for me.

I mean, look at what gems I have right now.

1 Like

Press Barkskin/survival as needed, go bear form to live massive bursts of damage if needed, use consumables (healthstone if you have a lock, health potion), use your predatory swiftness regrowths, use Nature’s Vigil, etc…that’s the basics.

One thing too that probably seems like a silly tip to survive, but on massive packs or packs that are anti-melee in general (or have cleaves and such), you have your extra melee/ability range from Astral Influence. The radius on Primal Wrath with that is actually pretty insane; you shouldn’t have problems finding a safe place to stand while keeping uptime.

1 Like

Definitely agree bout the guardian being useful for taking out World content, I know there is a few times I swap to it.

I’m just glad we can need on tanking trinkets after the tanks acquire theirs. :3 Though I’m wondering if the poster of this thread has been using the Phial that drains your hp in instances, for most bosses especially with the ring or rings it doesn’t cause to much worry.

Especially if they are in the early gearing stage I know I wouldn’t use that Phial. I know I never use it against Razagath just because the damage from her undogeable attacks attacks is rough. That it procs frequently and makes the healers job worse.

Also adding the fact that if they have a resto druid in their group who is playing right, they shouldn’t press regrowth unless they are so low they need the small pick me up. As regrowth overwrites the one the healer puts on them, which is dumb but ah well blizzard some times.

Yeah definitely wouldn’t play the corrupting rage phial in dungeons on feral. Among it’s own negative effects, it will mess up your stealth too. Vers flask is my preference.

Not sure if this was a thing but if so it seems to be fixed now.

http s://imgur.com/a/VSzDesz

1 Like

Bear form, barkskin, SI. And dont stand in stuff

Every non tank/pet spec is weak as hell from level 63 until around iLvl 380. Just the way scaling works.

Make sure you have the two leech enchants, make sure you’re using your free regrowths. Spec into renewl, it’s a free emergency heal that’s pretty strong and if you’ve speced into both maim and skull bash you have an easy stun you can use to dump all your mana into heals. Actually, you can just pop out and regrowth yourself to full health while things are beating on you.

But at level 64, you’re just going to be weak. Can’t even equip the gear you would need to not be because it’s all level 70 gear.

And for the way most leveling dungeons are run, stay with the tank and don’t let lose until it looks like they’re done collecting everything. They’re mostly being run in the quickest way possible, which isn’t necessarily the safest way possible. So it’s pretty easy to pull aggro while they’re running around trying to collect everything.

I still feel squishy af as Balance at 397 ilvl. Pull 3 or 4 regular mobs and after spending 500 globals to get my damage rolling I’m at half health.

Yah I got plenty of tools to not even get hit, but those are just more globals that delay my damage.

I can nuke a whole zone with CD’s but pulling just a few random mobs hurts way more than it should imo.

I have an opinion, but it is based on my opinion on tanks. And, as I found out in another post, people are fine with how tanks are now, even if it breaks a lot of game balance.

Feral: how not to die:

Switch to Guardian

This is the way

But…but…

Cat is 4 fite.

1 Like

Don’t get hit.

1 Like

This! As much as Balance and Feral can pull single kills faster, Guardian (any tank to be fair) stands miles ahead.

Even without optimal gear or an actual agility weapon, you can survive tons of quest mobs and aoe them down much faster than the dps specs can sort them individually. Also killing elites without breaking a sweat is another plus.

The only thing that I’ve found that is remotely close to the efficiency of a tank with world content is Discipline priest dotting everything and staying alive just with the Atonement heals.

When lvling solo, best is always tank spec. Swap to feral after you reached max lvl.
Even on evoker i lvled as healer instead, so better survability

In the druid tree can we swap the balance abilities/nods for the resto nods or is this not viable?

Same thing for the bear abilities/passives in the feral tree for the self sustain healing abilities/passives? I don’t like balance nor bear, I rather a cat form with self sustain nods and any cat dmg ones. Idk if my current build is updated on here but would you mind taking a look and seeing what I’m talking about here? Haven’t played in quite a while and I’m catching up on the changes.

when you get a proc of predatory swiftness it makes your regrowth healing spell instant and castable in form. Use that as part of your rotation and pair with barkskin pretty regularly and you should stay at near full health. I pretty well stay topped off with my feral druid once I started using that. barkskin helps mitigate a good amount and there is always survival instincts.