Feral Druid vs Rogue

Is Feral about the same difficulty wise to play as a rogue?

Was having a bit of trouble getting used to my sub rogue, but was attracted to the stealthy based class.

Necro feral seems fun, but afraid it’ll be hard to get into as well

Necro feral is pretty braindead simple.

Felt easy to pick up. Like, just maintaining dots and being safe until you have frenzy back up then sending it with swarm/tf while stunning people usually results in them blowing up by the second or third go.

Felt bad because I knew that I could be doing a ton more, like with the rooting, cloning, healing, etc.

ya seems like the utility part of it would be hard to get used to, being that support role.

Feral easier than rogue imo

Can confirm, feral is much easier to pick up. I hit 1700 in like a week.

So just reporting back after playing a bit with my feral. One thing that is really weird and maybe it’s just me, but sometimes my abilities don’t feel impactful to press?

Not sure if it’s just the sound effects or what, but I think I would vibe more with better feedback off hitting abilities lol.

I know it’s dot based, but even rupture on rogue has a “feeling” to the button press.

Aside from that it’s fun so far, just super under geared in basically full honor gear so it’s tough to even attempt arenas

1 Like

I think ever since sub got rupture back this xpac, it’s felt like such a useless ability to press. Atleast in expansions when they had rupture previously, there was some kind of dmg value and modifier to enhance dmg.

Ya for sure

I play mostly feral and agree and I am sure it has to do with how the stuff sounds. Not impactful.

Frenzy with TF and Swarm up feels pretty good to me

Multi-dotting on Assassination feels great

Subtlety? Not so much, I think. Rupture feels like an anti-reset/restealth tool.

Yeah im sure its just my gear honestly, honor gear kinda sucks for any class to try and get a feeling for it

Yeah necro feral is just all about sustained pressure.

It will definitely feel more impactful with gear. Because then on top of your bleeds you’re hitting 20k+ bite crits and just destroying people.

:thinking: yeah I wouldn’t be expecting that.

1 Like

Unlike monks feral druids are much more punished for energy

Rogue is hard but their stupid dmg make them disgusting.

I struggled so bad w/ my rogue getting to 1600 last night lol. We’ll see how I click with feral.

Just another change they made in BfA, you should hear Savage Roar, it’s absolutely horrible to listen to.

I would just stick with Rogue until you learn it better, personally.

The time investment to get a feral leveled/geared could be spent getting better on probably the single best PVP class in the game.

Feral is fun as heck tho

1 Like

I’ve seen it. /shrug. think the point is still there either way