Feral druid talents turning off during Prophet Skeram fight in AQ40. Persists outside instance

My 2nd spec is a feral build for doing old content, and I was working on Prophet Skeram in AQ40 today. I noticed I was no longer receiving my Improved Leader of the Pack healing when I critically hit, even after the internal cooldown had passed. My ILotP healing was working during AQ20 however. I don’t know if there are other settings where this takes place. Upon further testing I realized a LOT of my talents were bugged in a variety of ways after this fight.

I can verify this is happening to me specifically on this fight. It persists when I leave raid , as well as when I exit my raid party. For the first 25% of the fight, my talents worked as they should, but shortly after i defeat the first wave of two adds my talents stopped working as they should.

I have tested talents that I currently use and haven’t bothered to test the others. Also I had a hard time testing the +x% damage modifiers so they are not included. On-use abilities like Survival Instincts, Feral Charge, Mangle, and Berserk are still present and usable. Swapping to my other spec and back again clears these issues, but they still come back when I try the fight again.

Here are the talents/glyphs with issues:

• Ferocity does not reduce energy/rage costs on abilities.

• Predatory Strikes does not proc.

• Primal Precision does not give 10 expertise.

• Nurturing instinct does not give healing spellpower from agility, but it still increases healing done to me in cat form by 20%.

• Heart of the Wild does not provide Intellect (may be the case for stam/attack power too)

• Improved Leader of the Pack no longer heals, but it still restores mana.

• King of the Jungle does not reduce shapeshifting costs, but still provides 60 energy & the 15% bear form damage increase.

• Primal Gore does not let Rip or Lacerate critically hit.

• Improved Mark of the Wild does not get the 40% increased effect.

• Naturalist does not reduce Healing Touch’s cast time by 0.5 seconds.

• Natural Shapeshifter does not reduce the cost of shapeshifting at all.

• Omen of Clarity no longer procs.

• Glyph of Maul does not increase the target count to 2.

• Glyph of Frenzied Regen does not increased healing received by 20%.

What does work:

• Feral Swiftness gives cat form 30% movement speed, and 4% dodge in bear/cat forms.
  • Sharpened Claws provides 6% crit.
  • Primal Fury still gives 2x combo points and 5 rage on critical hits.
  • Natural Reaction still gives rage when dodging, and also gives the dodge 2/4/6% increase.
  • Leader of the Pack still provides 5% crit.
  • Furor still gives 10 rage and keeps 100 energy for cat form.
  • Master Shapeshifter gives 4% crit to cat form.

I was expecting to fight bugs in AQ40, but this isn’t what I had in mind. Please fix so I can farm rep. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Damn that’s crazy, hope they fix it soon. I wonder if it affects any other classes.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

I’ve forgotten some of the specifics because it happened months ago during pre-patch, but a solid chunk of my guild ran into this exact problem. We first noticed the problem during the Vekniss Guardian packs, but it is entirely possible that Skeram triggered the bug in our case.

Roughly half of our raid encountered identical results across various classes. Active abilities from talents continued to work, but passives were almost entirely disabled. We saw these issues across two warlocks, a warrior (me), a boomkin, a holy paladin, and a disc priest. I was still able to use concussion blow/revenge/shockwave, but passives were completed inactive. Sword and board would not proc, I was missing 5% block from shield specialization, revenge was only hitting one target, I was missing the bonus armor/dodge from toughness and anticipation, warbringer no longer worked, and I no longer received the enrage effect from improved defensive stance. I cannot outline specifically what occurred with my other raid members, but the theme remained consistent. Active abilities from talents continue to work while passives break entirely.

The only solution we found to these issues was to unstick your character. Porting/hearthing/reloading/relogging did nothing. Resetting talents did nothing. Swapping specs did nothing. /unstick did however.

1 Like

I’ve forgotten some of the specifics because it happened months ago during pre-patch, but a solid chunk of my guild ran into this exact problem. We first noticed the problem during the Vekniss Guardian packs, but it is entirely possible that Skeram triggered the bug in our case.

We saw these issues across two warlocks, a warrior (me), a boomkin, a holy paladin, and a disc priest. I was still able to use concussion blow/revenge/shockwave, but passives were completely inactive. Sword and board would not proc, I was missing 5% block from shield specialization, revenge was only hitting one target, I was missing the bonus armor/dodge from toughness and anticipation, warbringer no longer worked, and I no longer received the enrage effect from improved defensive stance. I cannot outline specifically what occurred with my other raid members, but the theme remained consistent. Active abilities from talents continue to work while passives break entirely.

The only solution we found to these issues was to unstick your character. Porting/hearthing/reloading/relogging did nothing. Resetting talents did nothing. Swapping specs did nothing. /unstick did however.

1 Like

Can this please get looked at? It’s still happening as of a few days ago. I’ve seen no hotfix update but I try to check weekly. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

This is still broken. I have been trying to solo Skeram on my paladin and was curious as to why I was dying so fast on the 50% add spawn compared to the 75% one. I observed carefully a couple of times at this step, and all three seem to spam Earth Shock despite being in melee range. Additionally, I noticed that my talent that refreshes Divine Plea when I hit an enemy doesn’t work, my Blood Elf racial passive of +10 enchanting is gone (as is seen from only having 390 enchanting +10 racial bonus and my ring enchants that need 400 enchanting going red when the 50% adds spawn), and my flask and other buffs are gone. It’s as if everything about the character just drops off. Please fix!

Tested today and this is still happening. I was hoping it’d get fixed together with the other bugs in the major patch, but now I’m not sure if this is going to get looked at until at least p3.

This is incredibly frustrating.

I think with some future upgrades (primarily ony NR rings and ony trinkets for ~650 hp5), it still may be possible to brute force this even with broken talents, but the boss has a bad habit of getting to the 2nd split and just wiping ALL buffs off of you and resetting.

Honestly it may be doable now, but it would require some insane RNG. Not having the ILOTP healing or the aoe damage from berserk/maul glyphs make this basically impossible.

1 Like