Feral druid or ourlaw rogue?

I have both at 60 and I like them both but I am trying to focus in only one new melee.

I would be playing outlaw or feral. Weird that I really dislike sub and sin. I feel sub rogue rotation is not fun and Sin rogue is an inmobile rogue.

So between outlaw rogue and feral:

1. Which is more fun (Engaging rotation)?
  2. Better lore?
  3. What would you choose and why?

Outlaw. Vanish is nice and I like the pirate theme.
However both specs are pretty lame, liked em both better in Legion. Now they are energy starved.

2 Likes

Feral Druid is a lot easier IMO compared to Outlaw Rogue. I played both personally and my experience already forces me to go Feral Druid for several factors:

Feral Druid has a simplified version of Assassination Rogue’s style of play which you can easily pull off. In addition, they have much GREATER self healing when compared to Rogues, whos stuck on a 30 second cooldown, has a resource cost, and doesn’t have potential crit. Feral Druid also can keep going for MUCH longer in that sense. Although its a bit hard to say how engaging it is overall but Feral Druid is a LOT more friendly and simple in comparison though. Outlaw’s current build as of right now isn’t as friendly to do AOE to a point, and even then, its kind of hard to not get so badly hurt after a few rounds when Feral Druid is able to shrug that off with their procced regrowths, especially when it crits (Especially when it can potentially heal you back to 100% a lot of the times).

As for the lore, Feral Druids are simple in question but if compared to Outlaw, its about the same, if not a bit better. Outlaw’s existence (And replacing Combat) is just because of BFA’s effect on giving a “Pirate” theme to Rogue. Feral Druids existed for a lot longer, and if anyone remembered how you original obtained your shapeshift forms, it was quite fun to learn.

Overall, Feral Druid is my go-to choice if I were to be pitted between the two. Don’t get me wrong, Outlaw is actually fun in itself but Rogue as a whole has a problem and this is terribly apparent with Outlaw being the “Least favorite” of the Rogues due to their ability to not being able to survive as well. And as a reminder, this is from a PvE standpoint, they however work VERY well in PvP if you know exactly what to do, which I do not… Tackling PvE as a Rogue in general isn’t easy. With Feral Druid, you can really keep going or get back into fights quicker. My problem with Outlaw is that I hate the uptimes you need to look out for. Baseline, Rogues have to keep Slice and Dice up all the time, and Outlaw also has Roll the Bones too. At least it isn’t terrible to manage but I prefer as LITTLE as possible, especially when your other uptime ability is Blade Flurry for AOE and that becomes a mess at times. Rogues aren’t for everyone and it sure isn’t for me sometimes. I have trouble enough keep up with Assassination and Subtly. Feral Druids, not even for a second when all you need is keep every single bleed up, and when that isn’t needed, bite the hell out of them. And of course, being a druid, you got choices to not be purely a “Rogue” all the time. You can off heal, tank, or go ranged DPS too which becomes a personal preference in which how you want to go about it.

3 Likes
  1. fun is subjective and so is “engaging”. Feral requires a graduate degree to maintain and play at pro levels, but the rewards are there in pvp at least. They also outplay Rogues in survivability and healing by 10 miles. Outlaw is engaging but has a big degree of RNG through bones. Feral is one of those “abandoned” specs that devs tend to not take care of for long periods of time. Outlaw is constantly top tier spec. Funny I started this by saying subjective… because contrary to the top comment I find Outlaw to be much easier than Feral.

2. Sneaky Pirates. Enough said.

3. If you EXCLUSIVELY plan to play those specs, Outlaw. You get more for less effort. If you want to play the CLASS, then absolutely Feral because of the versatility of the other specs, and the weaving.

Hands down rogue.

Better damage

Better utility.

Better overall toolkit.

Vanish.

And cosmetics - it’s nice to be a rogue and transmog different weapons and looks - you lose a lot of that as a druid

And to clinche it . People will invite you to groups 10000000000 more often as a rogue than a feral Druid.

It’s a no brainer.

2 Likes
  1. Outlaw Rogue
  2. I have no idea, I didn’t think outlaw had any lore
  3. Outlaw Rogue

am i wrong to say:
Rogue if using addons/keybinds
Druid if using WoW interface

1 Like

Feral in ST is pretty damn easy. It’s in AoE where the spec just loses me completely.

I used to like outlaw in legion/bfa, but I can’t stand it now. Idk why.

I’d pick outlaw. It’s better than feral in keys and raid. Yeah tier is over but unless the next raid has 13 single target fights lmfao, I’d bet good money outlaw will still be better. Single target dps is ferals niche and literally every rogue spec does that better.

I cannot in good faith recommend feral to anyone unless you play with friends that don’t care. Community perception matters if you pug.

Feral.

You get to be a cat and cat trumps everything!

(In actuality I have no clue as I have never played outlaw but I had to point out the awesomeness of being able to play as a cat.)

If I only ran group content, rogue, but probably assassin.
if I were running mostly solo content, druid…but resto or balance, personally.

To do what exactly?
Casual fun solo world?
M+ prog?
PvP?

For M+

Outlaw all the way. Beats feral in every aspect.

Lore is 110% irrelevant to DPS meters.

Outlaw cuz I play OL and it’s lke one of the best specs. Super fast. Pew pew pew.