Feral Druid Macros

Hi all, I am new to feral and looking for macros to minimize the number of keybinds I need. Basically any idea for combining skills/trinkets, etc would be very helpful. Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome! I will jump right in with some macro info, but also have some general advice at the end.

Macros and Icons

For druid macros, you should have plenty of space for new macros. Also, choose the icon wisely. It is usually best to leave the default one that looks like a question mark ? at the top left of the macro interface. This way, when you have that ability available, it will appear as the desired icon, otherwise it will look like a red question mark.

Action Bars

There is a general wow option to disable changing of action bars, and that is a good idea (unless that is your thing). Also, be aware that using an addon such as Bartender is great but will mess with your ability to see the keybinds so when setting things up try to disable Bartender and then you can enable it again after choosing your keybinds.

For your “noform” action bars (i.e. you are just standing there, not in cat or bear, etc.) it is a good idea to minimize your main action bars to only be moonfire, and then everything else cat form (like the 1 - 4 keys should switch you to cat form, and maybe one of them used for moonfire). This way, when you think you are in cat form but are not, the first thing that will happen is you will go into form. The moonfire, is just handy for getting a quick dot on world bosses, etc., especially when they are almost dead and you just need the credit.

Cat Form

You can exit cat form by pressing the Cat Form icon from your spellbook, which is handy to have on some bar perhaps. You can also macro one that will not break your form such as:

#showtooltip Cat Form

/cast [nostealth, form:0/1/3/4/5/6] !Cat Form

Bear Form

You can exit Bear Form using the spell from your spell book, or you can use a macro to be sure you do not break from bear form.

#showtooltip Bear Form(Shapeshift)

/cast [form:0/2/3/4/5/6] Bear Form(Shapeshift)

Shred

If there is nothing to Shred, you will stealth. If you are not in form, you will get in form.

#showtooltip Shred

/cast [combat,stance:0] Cat Form

/cast [nocombat,stance:0] Prowl

/cast [nocombat,stance:2] Prowl

/targetenemy [noexists]

/cast [combat, stance:1] Tiger's Fury

/cast [harm] Shred

Note: You can place Tiger’s Fury before FB, Shred, Maim or whatever you think is important. Rip is a dependable choice to spend it on too.

Rake and Survival Instincts

With this, you can open with Rake, and then press “Shift + Rake” if you want SI.

#showtooltip [mod:shift]Rake; Survival Instincts

/cast Tiger's Fury

/cast [mod:shift] Survival Instincts; Rake

Regrowth

This will only allow regrowth if you have an instant proc for it; So it will not break form.

#showtooltip Regrowth

/console autounshift 0

/cast [help,@mouseover] Regrowth

/cast Regrowth

/console autounshift 1

/use 3

Note: The “use 3” above does nothing but end the macro.

Trinkets

You can activate any trinket (that has an on-use effect). For the top trinket add a line such as:

/use [combat] 13

For the bottom trinket, add a line such as:

/use [combat] 14

Note: Trinkets will often break stealth so we can require “combat”. For example if this is added to a Bersek macro then simply press the key again once combat begins (i.e. to activate an on-use trinket).

Berserk

#showtooltip Berserk

/cast [stance:2] Tiger's Fury

/cast [stance:2] Berserk

/use [combat] Potion of Unbridled Fury

/use [combat] 14

*Note: The above example assumes there is a usable trinket in slot 14 (bottom slot). Also, it assumes you have “Potion of Unbridled Fury” (good for PVE) or replace that with “Saltwater Potion” for PVP. *

Root Shift

To use this macro, Press once to go into cat form (if not already). If you are in cat form, it will take into bear form. Press again to go back to cat, etc.

#showtooltip
/cast [form:2] Bear Form(Shapeshift); [form:0/1/3/4/5/6] Cat Form(Shapeshift)

Other Advice (unrelated)

As a fresh 50, you will need to focus on world quests (everywhere possible) right away. Over time, the gear rating will go much higher as you rank up rep with the various factions.

Then, you need to get your cloak and azerite essences; This is still required even in pre-patch, but is really optional if that is too much. To get the cloak, just follow what Magni has you do and get started with Visions, etc.

Have fun!

6 Likes

I can share some space saving macros as well.

Dash/SR Macro
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Dash; [mod:shift] Stampeding Roar

Cat/Bear AOE Macro
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Swipe; [mod:shift] Thrash

Survival Macro
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Barkskin; [mod:shift] Survival Instincts

Below are the druid shapeshift macros. I paired the shapeshift forms with an ability to save space. I chose prowl and growl because it is usually what I end up pressing as soon as I shapeshift into cat or bear. Also if prowl and growl was mistakenly pressed in PvP combat it doesn’t disrupt important rotations.

Cat Form Macro
#showtooltip Prowl
/cast [stance:1/3/4/0] Cat Form(Shapeshift); [stance:2] Prowl

Bear Form Macro
#showtooltip Growl
/cast [stance:2/3/4/0] Bear Form(Shapeshift); [stance:1] Growl

If you use shapeshift macros that help to maintain shapeshift forms then you will need a simple cancelform macro as well. The cancelform macro though is not spacesaving as I don’t know what to pair with it yet.

Cancelform Macro
#showtooltip
/cancelform

This thread also has some useful macros.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/useful-macro-templates/42937

2 Likes

Thanks for posting the space saving macros. Just a quick question. I can’t get the “this or that” style macros to work with the Mod shift. The base key works but pressing shift doesnt cast the alternative spell.

Keybinds take priority over macro modifiers. By default SHIFT 1-6 are bound to Action Page 1-6. You’ll need to unbind them to use those combinations.

1 Like

If you put the modified casts first you don’t need to include [nomod]

Optimized versions of your macros below:

1 Like

Just a heads up. Your cool cat form macro only works if prowl is available. Can’t switch into cat form otherwise.

Optimized

10char

My personal macros are here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/macros-condensing-your-physical-keys/678238?u=elvenbane-veknilash

Thanks for making the macros shorter. For some reason when I made the macros I didn’t want to mess with the order of it so I put nomod lol.

1 Like

How Can I make a Shift form Macro for Balance? Cant find the Noform Number. The Shifting cat and bear form macro works with the other forms. But not Moonkin form.

Excellent and ty!