Feral AoE?

As I’ve been working on my various toons I haven’t come across many Druids to get an opinion. I’m considering working on my Druid again and I’m trying to decide what to do.

I dislike ravenous frenzy and being based around the 3 minutes. The one boomie I’ve seen has been night fae, is that still viable in M+? On the other hand I’ve been curious to try feral as it seems like they are actually not that far off of boomies looking at systems like wowmeta, etc and seems like the DF changes are actually somewhat decent.

Can a properly played feral put out some decent dps numbers over the course of a dungeon? I was hoping I’d come across enough Druids on my adventures to get some sort of idea but they seem rather rare these days. If NF boomie isn’t too far off from venthyr in M+ and still performing ahead of feral, then that might also be an option. I see a lot of hate for the Druids in general but is it honestly that bad?

Yes, but you will need to adjust your build depending on what kind of dungeon it is (AoE vs largely ST). Honestly you should just play whatever you enjoy the most.

3 Likes

I agree, I’ve always loved my Druid but when venth boomie became a thing I couldn’t stand it and moved over to my mage. Then Necro Frost became the thing and I didn’t like that either lol

I’ve quested in feral and found it rather fun but not in any dungeons. I’m comfortable on Balance but perhaps running a few 2’s as feral will get me some sort of idea how that would feel. I don’t believe it’s as bad as everyone says (for balance anyways, I can’t speak to feral) but I imagine both would be able to perform in the right hands regardless. I just wanted some opinions since they seem to be very rare these days as opposed to the seasons I played that had them in abundance lol

the thing is if you aren’t hardcore raiding, A.K.A Mythic Raiding i honestly wouldn’t even bother if you make the class work and you know what you’re doing thats all that matters atleast to me others may say different with what seems to be “Meta” Im a feral Main and im Kyrian and i perform pretty well Overall, throughput seems to be nice as well.

You shouldn’t let a covenant define the kind of playstyle or class you want to play, just because its performing well. But unfortunately that is the downsides that came with having to choose a Covenant someone’s going to reign superior and someone is going to fall short and all that lame stuff thats why im kinda glad that we are shifting away from barrowed power situations and going back to just the basics.

Yeah, that’s true. It does kind of put a damper on things when you feel like you could do more if you did x,y,z. My only concern is I don’t want to be a draw back for my group. I don’t have to be the #1 dps; just want to contribute in a reasonable manner :slight_smile:

If you do more then 10k DPS I say you’re contributing feral isn’t easy to play a couple mistakes could set you back but it’s not the end of the world, I will say tho feral is quite mechanic dependant cause once your bleeds fall off… Rip, rake your DPS is gonna plummet

For covenant choice you basically pick Necro or NF for keys, unless you have like a Survival Hunter or Destro Lock you want to simp for the entire dungeon.

Of those two, Necro is far more difficult. NF is by far the easiest baseline covenant for Feral.

1 Like

I’ll like choose NF for now so I can get a handle on things and spend time optimizing gear for feral over the heavy haste/mastery that I have for balance.

You actually want a largely balanced statline between Crit/Haste/Mastery for big AoE as Feral (Gambit, Lower, Junkyard sorta, Streets depending on your tank) - so don’t toss that gear just yet.

Oh, good to know. I only read feral likes crit and mastery so I’ll need to go more in depth and find out a bit more.

When I swap to feral my haste dips down to 14%, and my mastery shoots way up so I’ll have to balance that out a bit. Crit wise it goes to 36% I think, but still not much compared to 65% mastery lol

Stats scale differently for feral. I’d recommend simming your stat weights on raidbots for something like a 5-boss fight.

That should give you an idea of what stats you’re wanting for M+.

1 Like

Gotcha.

It said crit > verse > haste and then mastery. Kind of what I expected.

I ran some low keys as feral and I feel it felt a little better for me than balance but I was curious if they are the same in the sense that they do better on higher keys? I would imagine with dots running longer durations that might be the case? Everything seemed to die pretty fast in 2s so that part seemed off lol

That is correct. The longer somethings lives for, the more value you’ll get of your bleeds.