Fel Barrage before Eye Beam or during Eye Beam Meta phase?

Pretty much title. Should we be using FB before we eye beam or after eyebeam during the meta phase? I noticed that because of the haste I get ~46% more ticks with FB during meta phase, but I was told I shouldn’t worry about that so I’m just trying to figure out what the optimal route should be.

Always always during Meta. Meta provides 25% (multiplicative) haste, which increases the total damage done by Fel Barrage by 25%. If you have Furious Gaze, this is even more critical, as Furious Gaze generally provides another ~10-12% damage to FB per trait (and Eye Beam’s CD lines up perfectly with Fel Barrage anyway).

Edit: incidentally, what this amounts to is sacrificing ~2 Annihilations worth of damage increase over Chaos Strike, which isn’t a spectacular loss. You ideally don’t want to delay Death Sweep, though, so the typical usage is Eye Beam -> Death Sweep -> Fel Barrage -> filler GCD (usually Annihilation) depending on haste level -> Death Sweep.

Awesome. That’s what I’ve been doing, I just wanted to verify that it’s the right way. Because I’m running Furious Gaze x2 it’s a pretty steep difference in damage that I’ve noticed. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Eye beam > death sweep > chaos strike (if running thirsting blades, and your at max stacks) > Fel barrage

Sorry for the necro…

But haste doesn’t reduce the channel time of Fel Barrage? It increases the number of attacks during the 3s channel?

Is that correct?

That is correct.
/thread

1 Like

If you wanna have some fun, get 19 stacks of the haste debuff from the invasions, eye beam, drums, meta, stack all your CDs and have a HUGE fel barrage, unfortunately ive never looked at my haste % with all those up, but i have noticed in visions i can pretty often hit 325-350% haste when Gift procs and other random buffs proc, leads to some nasty fel barrages