Feign Death + Trap Bug

Blizzard ignoring us :’(

Don’t make me reroll a druid…

I stopped playing private servers to play Classic, this is the first time I have payed for World of Warcraft and I must say I am very dissapointed.
Feign Death - Freezing Trap not working and the input lag on everything are HUGE issues.

Bump for hunters. Let’s get this fixed for you guys.

1 Like

Please fix this blizzard! Feign death to trap worked back in vanilla, macro wasn’t even needed you could literally click feign death then click trap. I did it a millions times back in 2005, and it was essential in pvp to get that nice range and another chance to dps. Now all I can do is flail around like a magicarp in the deadzone while a rogue unloads on me untill I die. Please fix !!

bum p p p p p

FD IS BROKEN

it’s broken. not being able to feign explosive for aoe, feign frost for slow, or feign freezing for cc is actually terrible. in lbrs on the spiders when i go for an explosive trap, about 30% of the time it just wont work. someone asspulled mobs? roll the dice to see if i can actually cc one. not to mention how backbreaking it is in pvp not being able to scatter trap people. atleast they’re fixing the important issues like nameplate range

why is there zero response on this game breaking bug?

3 Likes

Keep posting in this thread fellas. Don’t let bli$$ard forget that they literally broke an entire class.

Bump.

Remember guys, just because they haven’t made a statement about it in a week and a half doesn’t mean they aren’t actively looking into it. This bug/problem may be a bit more complex than it seems.

Then they can make that statement saying they are looking into it. We don’t care. We just want to know what the situation is.

This is literally a bug that makes or breaks vanilla hunter.

3 Likes

Just did a bunch of testing for another data point. It’s definitely bugged or not working how it was back in the day. I also think people are getting confused or trying to use it in all these different contexts (PvE, PvP, low vs. high level mobs) and that’s confusing the issue. Here’s what I feel is known for sure:

• Feign death needs to time “settle” before trying to trap. I tried a ton of combos of petpassive, stopattack, cleartarget, before the FD/trap macro etc. If you are PvE and hit feign death usually you will lose aggro immediately (pointless in PvP) even before your animation starts. However, if you want to set your trap you need to wait another .5 to 1 second for your animation to start and that feign death bar to appear. Only then can you reliably trap.

It’s happened a few times instantly but those were so few I just called it a fluke; this is the only reliable way I have got it to work. And you still have to be completely still during the process (see below).

In PvE this is fine, but obviously in PvP it sucks so bad as in that window you are probably getting hit and being brought back into combat. I feel like people who are saying it’s completely fine do not understand how it’s supposed to work in PvP.

• Because of the above, if you move AT ALL (are running, have your right click held down) and pressing feign death you will break it and most likely will not be able to set a trap due to the above. It’s almost as if the combat mechanics are separate from the threat. The animation has to somewhat start.

Having that wait is 100% not how it was in Vanilla.

1 Like

If it’s a complex bug that’s going to take time to work out, that’s fine… I think most of us would be happy if Blizz would just give us a small “we’re looking into it” sort of post. The silence just makes it seem like they know they can’t fix it or they don’t care to fix it for one reason or another. I haven’t played in over a week now since Blizzard hasn’t even acknowledged this. If they at least said they were looking into it, I wouldn’t feel like I’m wasting my time by playing my hunter anymore and could continue leveling.

3 Likes

This is consistent with what I’ve seen, except that often in that 1-2 second lag to get out of combat from Feign, you get put back into combat, and it just appears as if you never drop combat at all. I mash my macro which should trap if im OOC for a split second, and its about 50/50 if it works. In PvP, they can easily retarget and hit you before OOC, and its only going to get worse as more people realize we have this bug and they can counter every trap this way.

As for the movement thing, the tolerance on rotation via right mouse needs to be drastically increased. It seems to be literally ZERO right now - if you have right mouse held down and dont even visibly move, it will not go off. Should have a ~30-60 degree rotation tolerance on the movement check to be consistent with Vanilla.

2 Likes

I hope we get a post soon, this is very aggrevating. Phase 2 with this bug is going to suck

2 Likes

Bump- fix this please, back in the day you wouldn’t even need any macro you could literally click feign death and click the trap, worked every time as easy as butter, I did it a million times…

3 Likes

Oh hi, bump.

YES JUST GIVE US “we’re looking into it”

Today’s joke: A lv23 hunter claiming FD is working exactly same as in vanilla, with funny arrogant speech maybe he just copied from his parent.
I don’t see you contributed any idea. With people providing vanilla video to proof, or at least reading through all replies, you’re a hardworking piece of work. Hope you’re actually more useful than you showed here.
You’re welcome to show your real ideas but I doubt you have any idea other than selling your rustic-style preaching life experience.