CANCELED: Feign and Flourish: A Strike-Based Roll-20 Tournament [H]

The next Feign and Flourish will take place August 14th, 5 PM server time, at the Cradle of Chi-Ji.

Prior competition winners:
July 2021, Dire Maul: Jëxdel

Original event info down below:

As opposed to most combat tournaments, Feign and Flourish focuses on speed, accuracy, and being the first to land a certain number of blows on opponents rather than whittling down an HP bar to 0. The goal is to have a monthly tournament event where the rounds of combat are relatively quick to advance, still be emote based, and avoid potential hours of stalemate because of continuous evasion due to bad rolls and allow characters that aren’t strength-based or veterans of war a plausible narrative path to victory (even if it’s potentially based on luck!).

The rules are simple: two players roll 20, whoever rolls higher lands the strike. The first to land three strikes wins (two strikes if there is a particularly large turnout). Weapons must be some equivalent of wooden or practice weapons, and fists/unarmed fighting is also allowed.

To take place every second Saturday of the month, at 5 PM server time Z(so the first one will be July 10th). The first location will be the Maul at Dire Maul, outside. Sign-ups will be allowed up to 4:30 PM, by whispering or mailing Wuvvums in game, or posting in this thread. The following prizes will be offered:

My thanks and appreciation.

Good luck, and have fun! o/

9 Likes

Giving this a bump, also considering that this is the character I plan to host on for the tournament! Oops! :smile:

3 Likes

While I’m not a contestant in these kinds of events, I enjoy being part of the audience and engaging in a little side betting! Looking forward to spreading the word!

1 Like

Thanks, Tammy! You’re an absolute joy <:

1 Like

I’ll be down for some scrappin’

2 Likes

Thanks! Look forward to seeing you there tomorrow. I do hope this can become a monthly thing. :>

I’ll participate in the tournament, hello there.

1 Like

I’ll make sure to keep an eye out for you tonight, then! :smiley:

Sounds like there’s a lot of gold on the table to win! I’ll keep an eye out for this one!

I edited the first post to include information for the next Feign and Flourish event! I hope in time I can make a website for this, much like how another event I run has a website as well. In the meantime, you can keep referring to the top post for the latest information!

The turnout for the first Feign and Flourish was fairly modest with 8 competitors. The prize pool had enough leftover that all competitors who lost were given 10,000 gold as a consolatory prize. This won’t be an element of all Feign and Flourish events, but I wanted to give a little something of appreciation for the people who arrived. Thank you! ^^

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to the next one! The last tournament had a lot of fun twists and turns!

2 Likes

In light of recent news I was going to mention that I still tentatively plan to run these tournaments, but I am no longer going to be providing gold for winners. Part of how I was funding the gold prizes were through the purchase of tokens from Blizzard, and I am deciding that I do not want to give them that much of my money while it’s come to light how terrible their work environment has been for women, minority workers, and pregnant employees. I hope everyone can understand this position. Thank you.

3 Likes

An update here:

While I had earnestly plan to keep running this event, I canceled my WoW sub recently and have not been logging into the game. As such, I am no longer going to be running this event. I apologize for the inconvenience.

4 Likes