Feels good to be the worst raid healer

EVEN IF WE ARE THE PURE HPS CLASS.

What in the hell are you doing Blizzard.

2 Likes

Can you elaborate?

1 Like

MW monks do not have damage reduction cooldowns for tanks/players like druids, and priests. They also cannot do damage while attacking like paladins or priests, unless they get that crane essense, but even that isn’t as good as glimmerdin. They’re also the squishiest. To make up for this, MW monks have a lot of burst raw hps healing which makes their heals cost the most mana. This can be problematic in raids if you’re the guy that can’t even throw down a vivify when you’re low on mana, while other healers like resto druid can at least do a little healing.

In the new raid though, MW is one of the worst picks for healers in a world of holy pallies and disc priests. I’m assuming that the OP is talking about mythic progression.

(just my guess)

2 Likes

Ask yourself this:

Can you mitigate 5 million dmg for 20 players in the group over the course of the fight? No?
Can you do 80-100k hps while maintaining 20-30k dps? No?
Can you reduce tank dmg taken with a decent cooldown? No?
Is your mana management better or on par with a Paladin or Priest? No?
Do you have immunity like a paladin? No?

What utility can you even bring? Mass dispel on a 3min cd? When is that even useful in this raid tier? If anything you risk wiping the raid with Revival on a fight like Za’Qul.
Life Cocoon is one of the worst cd’s objectively, it breaks almost in one hit and won’t save the tank from a large hit unlike what Paladin or Priest can give.

I’m sorry “MW”, but if I can I’ll take a paladin or priest without hesitation. Quite frankly for raids, I would even take a shaman / druid for their utility. I see 0 reason to bring a MW unless there’s no other option.

9 Likes

Hrmm, I seem to do just fine as a monk mistweaver. One just has to practice to learn how to best use their class I reckon.

2 Likes

The conversation is for Mythic raiding; in heroic where healing needed and damage requirements are tamed down Mistweaver does fine, good even.

Ahh, wasn’t mentioned above it was Mythic only. My guild is a small tight group that’s existed since Vanilla and we don’t all have the time to push mythic raids like we used to. However, I do have faith in myself I’d be fine in them based on some mythic BoD attempts and 10+ runs. Though I totally agree I wouldn’t take me either as we have no overall raid benefits like a health buff, emergency BoP or rebirth. And we sure as hell can’t add any DPS other than mystic debuff.

gitgudkidlol

Play the class you want to play. People watch the world first races and think that they need to mirror exactly what they do. There’s a big difference between clearing mythic EP at 415-420 ilevel and clearing it at 440-445. Mistweaver is fine in mythic as people gear up, and it will eventually get buffed or the other healing classes will get nerfed (like the cycle of WoW has done for years).

4 Likes

This isn’t really an effective argument for Mythic. Essentially an argument that it is fine to hold back a group because your kit is subpar compared to other healers because the ilvl will eventually trivialize the fight. Nor does a ‘you’ll get a buff in some other expansion’ argument have any meaning when discussing current things.

9 Likes

If healing is weak compared to other healers you can try do dps as Windwalker.

Mouahahahahaha :rofl:

1 Like

Bad news for you pal, WW are also terrible, and your logs show you consistently bottom 3 dps even when your percentile is higher. WW’s are among the worst raiding dps specs, 4th worst in mythic, 2nd worst in heroic, the ones below can actually switch to another better spec.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23#metric=dps&dataset=95&class=DPS

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23#metric=dps&dataset=95&class=DPS&difficulty=4

You should just go play Brewmaster instead.

/whoosh

Sarcasm what’s that?

2 Likes

lol i know, that was a joke :wink: WW is beyond terrible, and the gap difference with other melee classes is way worst than mistweaver vs other healers.

I actually had to stop mythic raiding because of how weak it is. As you stated a 90th percentile WW will roughly do the dmg of a 65-70ish other melees on most of the fights. No way any group trying to progress on harder fight will keep a raid spot for that sh*t spec.

2 Likes

At least WW melts faces in M+!

/s

Its kinda strange.

Looking at mythic Azhara logs (hardest fight available) and WW is within 4% of:

Fury
Feral
Assassination
Enhance

Within 2% of:
Ret
Havoc

If 4% is so far behind you are benching yourself where is the line really drawn?

1 Like

That has a lot of cleave though, kind of a skewed example. If you look at pure st fights we dont do so well

Are you drunk? Go look again its more than 4%. And more importantly. you are comparing the average of around 300 logs vs less than 20 logs for WW.

Those 20 WW are exceptions, they probably had insane luck on gear combined with a lot of skills. The 280 others are on the bench.

Ummm, lets see.

Mythic Azhara
75%

Fury - 42,771
Havoc - 41,662
WW - 40,916

42771 / 40916 = 4.5%

41662 / 40916 = 1.8%

Yeah WW isnt super amazing, and from the logs only has 2 decent fights (fortunately the last 2 bosses), but its questions of % deltas.

How close is close enough in your eyes?

Also, all the melee kinda suck compared to FDK and wizards on that fight.

1 Like

MWs who have cleared the raid; check.

People on the forums making arguments that “You can’t justify not playing the best healer, you’re hurting your raid and being selfish” while also being only 4/8-5/8?

Check, double check.

Azshara is literally the only fight that matters.

2 Likes