Adding some additional feedback after spending the past weekend playing with the latest changes (As of 6/18). I feel most have been mentioned by others in structured, well-written feedback, so largely just making the point that many of the feedback / requests are universal among Warlock players.
- Not having baseline interrupt feels terrible; especially for Demo where losing the Felguard means losing access to multiple key abilities / talents
- 6-sec summoning feels terribly punishing, not compensated enough by Fel Domination (which at minimum should make the summon instant), and further amplify the above problem, among others
- The above 2 points have basically been echoed by every single Warlock feedback posted here, I’d be really curious to hear the Devs’ rationale if they are to remain unconvinced.
New Shadowburn feels much, much better. The tool tip should be more explicit on how the increased crit against weaker targets is working. For it to better compete against other talents on the same row, maybe consider reducing the CD or making successful execute reset its CD (or return 2 shards), so that it can be used in a more offensive manner.
Rain of Chaos, as many others mentioned: it is conceptually cool, but tying RNG to a 3 minute cooldown just feels terrible in practice. The spell needs a CD reduction and/or a bad luck protection mechanism
- Again, the “long setup” issue have been mentioned by many others: reducing Shadowbolt cast time is a quick change that could go a long way
- Having base cast time of 1.5 sec, HoG and Call Dreadstalkers are now effectively just GCD locked. Making either or both instant cast has little balance impact but could give Demo some much needed combat mobility, QoL improvement, and PVP viability
- Summon Tyrant having baseline 5 shards is very welcome, but the spell should be instant cast, for it already has the most long-wind, complex maneuver as a dps cooldown, it really does not warrant a cast for itself. The same argument can be made for Nether Portal
- Soul Strike is our ONLY instant cast direct damage dealer and shard generator, which really should be baseline. But if not, then for Summon Vilefiend to compete mechanic-wise, the latter really needs to either: be instant/have shorter cast OR cost no shard/generate a shard
Again I think none of these are new as many other great players have shared similar feedback, at this point I’d really like to hear the Devs’ rationale on not acting on some of these.
P.S. A new idea to solve some of Demo’s issue: Felguard (FG) is permanently summoned and fully soul-linked with the Lock (i.e. you die together i.e. the player will never be without their FG, so they never lose access to FG-related talents), but then Demo lock can summon a second pet (think Beastmaster Hunter Animal Companion), which provides the much needed second utility (for most it’d be interrupt from the Fel Hunter), with damage either reduced or split with the FG, but is killable. The technology already exists, the boost to Spec fantasy will be phenomenal (a master summoner that controls 2 demons at a time!), the synergy with other Lock spells will be great (Soul Link, Demonic Consumption), and it solves one of the most pressing of Demo issues (no interrupt) in a fun, unconventional way. For your consideration.